THE BROWNS BOARD

No suspension for Rudolph?

jbluhm86

1 hour ago, ElkDawg said:

Who? I've seen nothing but Garrett being bashed by current and former players, coaches and media.....

There's been numerous ex-players and sports media members who have called out the fact that Rudolph had a huge hand in the debacle. 

^ Great picture of the contact point. Luckily that is the padded side of the helmet which resulted in no visible injuries...... had that have been a hard plastic edge, which more than likely would've resulted in split skin on a place that will bleed profusely, it would have been a whole different level of optics that Myles and the NFL would be dealing with.

Things can always be worse. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

^ Great picture of the contact point. Luckily that is the padded side of the helmet which resulted in no visible injuries...... had that have been a hard plastic edge, which more than likely would've resulted in split skin on a place that will bleed profusely, it would have been a whole different level of optics that Myles and the NFL would be dealing with.

Things can always be worse. 

Except that they have dealt with it like it WAS the worse case scenario, it seems. 

And, yet, again, yes, they are just going by the "optics".....and discounting the fact there there was no actual harm whatsoever

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Except that they have dealt with it like it WAS the worse case scenario, it seems. 

And, yet, again, yes, they are just going by the "optics".....and discounting the fact there there was no actual harm whatsoever

He got lucky. Myles got damn lucky.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Very similar to one of those little league parent fights we all see on the news. Parents are always banned for life from all things related to little league even though no one is ever injured..... the governing body just can't have that associated with their brand.  

28 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Very similar to one of those little league parent fights we all see on the news. Parents are always banned for life from all things related to little league even though no one is ever injured..... the governing body just can't have that associated with their brand.  

OK,,,,,,nevertheless...both are stupid. 

poking people in the eyes/kicking or kneeing them in the balls though is "brand approved"?

I just think after Troy Vincent reviews the play on slow motion a bunch of times....

he'll grow a pair and suspend rudoolphus for a game.

Like, one of the next two.

and the qb knows he instigated it, and re-escalated it.

Meanwhile, on the news this evening - Jim Donovan reported that Ogunjobi appealed, but

the one game suspension stands.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/alleged-whistleblower-was-friends-with-current-schiff-staffer

"As for Rudolph, Vincent more or less confirmed that nothing that he did rose to the level of a suspension, but he did say that “there could be multiple fines coming to him if we find another action that constitutes unsportsmanlike conduct”.

He cited the quarterback’s grabbing of Garrett’s facemask after being illegally taken to the ground as an infraction. “The grabbing of the facemask, that is a fine”, he said, confirming that Rudolph will be short some money for his own role in the confrontation."

TRYING TO RIP OFF GARRETT'S HELMET FROM THE BACK OF HIS HELMET ??? is FINE?

HOW ABOUT KICKING GARRETT IN THE NUTS ? You think that is "fine"

then I hope rudolph gets kicked in the nuts at least once every game.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

I just think after Troy Vincent reviews the play on slow motion a bunch of times....

he'll grow a pair and suspend rudoolphus for a game.

Like, one of the next two.

and the qb knows he instigated it, and re-escalated it.

Meanwhile, on the news this evening - Jim Donovan reported that Ogunjobi appealed, but

the one game suspension stands.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/alleged-whistleblower-was-friends-with-current-schiff-staffer

"As for Rudolph, Vincent more or less confirmed that nothing that he did rose to the level of a suspension, but he did say that “there could be multiple fines coming to him if we find another action that constitutes unsportsmanlike conduct”.

He cited the quarterback’s grabbing of Garrett’s facemask after being illegally taken to the ground as an infraction. “The grabbing of the facemask, that is a fine”, he said, confirming that Rudolph will be short some money for his own role in the confrontation."

TRYING TO RIP OFF GARRETT'S HELMET FROM THE BACK OF HIS HELMET ??? is FINE?

HOW ABOUT KICKING GARRETT IN THE NUTS ? You think that is "fine"

then I hope rudolph gets kicked in the nuts at least once every game.

He said "is a fine"...not  it is fine. 

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He said "is a fine"...not  it is fine. 

sorry, that is true - but I'm talking about suspensions. It it's only a fine, kick every steeler qb or a steeler in the nuts, and it's

just a fine. As in, don't worry about being suspended, "it's fine". Sorry bout confusing that.

Rudolph finally spoke on the incident and took full blame...

Just kidding... here's the prepared statement he read.

“Before we get started, I had a couple of thoughts I wanted to share. Thursday night, to say the least, it was an unfortunate situation for everyone involved. I consider it a privilege, not a right, to be part of the NFL, to be part of a first-class organization representing the Rooney family and the Pittsburgh Steelers. I fell short of that expectation last Thursday night in how I played. I did not do a good enough job to help our team win the game.

“Looking back on the final play of the game, the second to the last play of the game, I fell short of the mark there too. I should have done a better job keeping my cool in that situation. In retrospect, I put Maurkice Pouncey, probably one of the best teammates I have ever had, in a tough spot, as well as my [other] teammates.

“The way I saw it, on the final play of the game, with the game in hand the way it was. We had already lost two of our players to targeting penalties from the game. As I released the ball, I took a late shot, did not agree with the way he then took me to the ground. My natural reaction was to just get him off from on top of me.

“Again, I should have done a better job handling that situation. I have no ill-will towards Myles Garrett, great respect for his ability as a player. I know if Myles could go back, he would handle the situation differently.

“As for my involvement last week, there is no acceptable excuse. The bottom line is I should have done a better job keeping my composure in that situation. I fell short of what I believe it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and a member of the NFL. I understand there are going to be a few questions, but I think it’s in the best interest of our team, my teammates, our coaches to kind of move forward from this and move things on to the Cincinnati Bengals and keep looking to try to stack some wins here. We’ll open it up for a few and then I have to head to walkthrough.”

You can read the laughable Q&A here: https://www.steelers.com/news/rudolph-addresses-incident-vs-browns

Bottom line (for now) it was an ugly little bru-ha-ha that got out of hand and Myles lost his head and hit bad boy Mason with his own helmet.

The NFL wants to "spit the hook" on this little affair ASAP if nothing else from a PR viewpoint because the soccer moms and some dads now already think tackle football is barbaric and want it banned from this Earth.

SO the NFL is going to make a big example of Myles and smack him good, pass out other monetary fines and admonishments out to the teams and anyone else from either CLEVELAND and Pittsburgh who was even at or watching the game and move on, quick !

And we all get to file this under the "LIFE ISN'T ALWAYS FAIR" department and get over it.

GO BROWNS, now what? Oh yeah beat Miami !

• Sad 1

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

He got lucky. Myles got damn lucky.

So did Mason.

Had 6' 5" 280 lb. all pro DE candidate really connected right on the money he might have graduated from BROWNS #95 to inmate #21655501 and learned new words like "well your honor, I was...."

11 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Rudolph finally spoke on the incident and took full blame...

Just kidding... here's the prepared statement he read.

“Before we get started, I had a couple of thoughts I wanted to share. Thursday night, to say the least, it was an unfortunate situation for everyone involved. I consider it a privilege, not a right, to be part of the NFL, to be part of a first-class organization representing the Rooney family and the Pittsburgh Steelers. I fell short of that expectation last Thursday night in how I played. I did not do a good enough job to help our team win the game.

“Looking back on the final play of the game, the second to the last play of the game, I fell short of the mark there too. I should have done a better job keeping my cool in that situation. In retrospect, I put Maurkice Pouncey, probably one of the best teammates I have ever had, in a tough spot, as well as my [other] teammates.

“The way I saw it, on the final play of the game, with the game in hand the way it was. We had already lost two of our players to targeting penalties from the game. As I released the ball, I took a late shot, did not agree with the way he then took me to the ground. My natural reaction was to just get him off from on top of me.

“Again, I should have done a better job handling that situation. I have no ill-will towards Myles Garrett, great respect for his ability as a player. I know if Myles could go back, he would handle the situation differently.

“As for my involvement last week, there is no acceptable excuse. The bottom line is I should have done a better job keeping my composure in that situation. I fell short of what I believe it means to be a Pittsburgh Steeler and a member of the NFL. I understand there are going to be a few questions, but I think it’s in the best interest of our team, my teammates, our coaches to kind of move forward from this and move things on to the Cincinnati Bengals and keep looking to try to stack some wins here. We’ll open it up for a few and then I have to head to walkthrough.”

You can read the laughable Q&A here: https://www.steelers.com/news/rudolph-addresses-incident-vs-browns

Not a bad prepared statement from Rudolph IMO. I can imagine the Q and A so I didn't bother to look at it. Time to move forward and focus on Miami...

28 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Not a bad prepared statement from Rudolph IMO. I can imagine the Q and A so I didn't bother to look at it. Time to move forward and focus on Miami...

"All lawyered up !" :lol:

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So if someone was to shoot at your dome with a .45 and somehow misses you, they shouldn't be punished because they didn't actually harm you, no?

10 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

So if someone was to shoot at your dome with a .45 and somehow misses you, they shouldn't be punished because they didn't actually harm you, no?

Oh yeah.

Like why don't you swing again only aim a little more to the right this time. :lol:

Myles was an idiot and the BROWNS and all of the loyal fans are paying for his stupidity right along with him.  

He might be very morally right -but- lost the big battle big time.  Chalk up a big moral victory for Myles.....and hey everybody knows his name now.

1 hour ago, jbluhm86 said:

Who said that?  No one.  But that is not the scenario we have. 

We have the scenario where....someone broke into your house, burgled the place, made threats to you, then was run off, and you shot at him and missed...or merely grazed his hat  as he was running off.  You would NOT be charged or punished nearly as bad as if  you had in fact shot him. 

You would be punished for your actions in exceeding what was necessary to protect yourself, but, since you did not kill or paralyze the mother fucker, and  barely caused any harm at all to him.   (maybe just to his pride)....your punishment is highly diminished.  At least that is how it works in the legal world.   In the fantasy world of the NFL  (not to be confused with fantasy football)....it may not work that way by any means. 

On NFL Live yesterday MG's appearance in NYC for his appeal hearing was the lead story so the panel, Dan Orlovsky, Marcus Spears and Jack Del Rio, had to rehash the suspension.

Spears' take was the sternest at 10-12 games; Del Rio's was the shortest at 4 weeks.

Then they listened to Rudolph...

Spears dropped his suspension length to 4 games.

14 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

"As I released the ball, I took a late shot, did not agree with the way he then took me to the ground. My natural reaction was to just get him off from on top of me.

I  don't know how Myles ended up on top of him, Garrett actually pulled him down on top of himself during the play. . .

image.png.91b717518b3c8b708a840873c47895b1.png

Unless Rudolph is skipping the part about trying to rip MG's helmet off with his head still in it.