THE BROWNS BOARD

No suspension for Rudolph?

jbluhm86

I just think the stinking qb from pukesburg deserves a definite game or two. Of course, I wouldn't

phrase it that way to the scumbag commish...

"you get more flies with honey than you do with vinegar"....

just sayin.

http://address001.com/Address-of-Nfl-Commissioner-010511

Ā 

Ā 

Sorry, you're in Spain. My bad. LOL I SAID "just in case".

Bitching wouldn't do any good. I mentioned "you get more flies..." it's an old

non Spanish? saying that means being nice gets far more results than being like a squealer fan......

And more on our friend Mr Goddell with all of the stuff you hear about the big buck corporate CEOs and other big shots he might have them all beat......read on....

https://qz.com/work/1133168/nfl-commissioner-roger-goodell-wants-a-pretty-grotesque-contract-for-someone-at-zero-risk-of-actual-injury

Roger Goodell, the commissioner of the NFL, isĀ reportedlyĀ seeking a contract that would pay him $49.5 million per year, and include such perks as the lifetime use of a private jet.

That salary would pay him far more than the leagueā€™s best-paid playerā€”thatā€™s Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford, set to make $27 million this yearā€”and would put him near the top of the best-paid sports figures in the world. Cristiano Ronaldo, the star striker for Real Madrid and Portugal, will be paid $58 million this year, with Barcelonaā€™s Lionel Messi not far behind at $50 million,Ā accordingĀ to Forbes. (Those figures donā€™t include endorsement income, which is substantial).

Goodellā€™s contract is no sure thing, given the fierce opposition of some owners. But if heā€™s successful, the package of perksā€”which would includes lifetime insurance coverage for his familyā€”would be in the same league of the most lavish corporate packages. Former GE CEO Jack Welch, upon retiring,Ā securedĀ the lifetime use of a Manhattan apartment and court-side US Open tickets (among many other goodies), while Welchā€™s successor Jeff Immelt traveled with aĀ second private jetĀ trailing him, in case his first broke down.

Goodell, whose expiring contract pays him about $30 million a year, probably thinks he deserves the raise. The average value of an NFL franchise is now $2.5 billion, up fromĀ $898 millionĀ when he took over as commissioner in 2006, Forbes says. In 2011, he led the league in negotiating television rights deals worth almostĀ $28 billionĀ over nine years.

Clearly, the leagueā€™s 30 owners are getting rich, and Goodell wants to be rewarded just as the players are.

• But thereā€™s a significant difference in the contract Goodell wants, and the ones signed by players. The career of a professional football player is shockingly shortā€”just 2.7 years,Ā accordingĀ to one analysisā€”and the vast majority will never see those salaries in any other career. NFL players contracts arenā€™t guaranteed, so if a player is injured or cut, a team can drop him without having to pay off the balance of the contract (unlike in pro baseball or basketball, where contracts are guaranteed)....... CONTINUED IN THE LINK.......Ā  Ā Ā :o

I remember when former GE CEO smilin' Jack Welsh retired with his super golden parachute which even included lifetime benefits forĀ his wifeĀ like lifetime country club memberships and more.

Oh BTW GE stock did drop like a rock when he left.

Worth it or not?Ā  So the mega-rich get even richer and the family of four can't even afford game tickets.Ā  You decide.

And just a follow-up on the above story......

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2017/12/06/roger-goodell-contract-jerry-jones-nfl/928298001

The NFL's compensation committee informed owners in a memo Wednesday that commissioner Roger Goodell has signed a contract extension.

Pro Football TalkĀ was the first to report the news.

The New York TimesĀ reported that Goodell's extension is for an additional five years. It is worth up to $200 million if all incentives are met and bonuses granted, according to multiple reports........ CONTINUED IN THE LINK......

PICTURE of Smilin' Roger.....

Screenshot_2019-11-17_111113.jpg

Oh and the vote of you're interested.......Ā  (See link)

The league's 32 owners voted unanimously in May to authorize Blank and the compensation committee to negotiate an extension with Goodell, whose previous deal ran through 2019 and paid him $31.7 million in 2015, the last year for which his salary was reported.......Ā 

Ā 

Let's just throw some more gas onto the fire Roger's Boys started with preferential treatment.....

White QB started it & kept it going...he walks with a fine.Ā 

3 black LinemenĀ reacted...all were suspended.............Could this be construed as racism on the part of the NFL?

I sincerely hope this blows up in Roger's face!Ā 

While Garrett deserved a suspension, it should be aĀ definite # of games,Ā  not anotherĀ "beg Roger for your freedom" suspension.

Mike

15 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Let's just throw some more gas onto the fire Roger's Boys started with preferential treatment.....

White QB started it & kept it going...he walks with a fine.Ā 

3 black LinemenĀ reacted...all were suspended.............Could this be construed as racism on the part of the NFL?

I sincerely hope this blows up in Roger's face!Ā 

While Garrett deserved a suspension, it should be aĀ definite # of games,Ā  not anotherĀ "beg Roger for your freedom" suspension.

Mike

I don't think for a moment that there was any racial motivation involved here.....but that does not mean that it is beyond the realm of possibility that someone would want to make it an issue. Ā  Gee...thanks for giving someone the idea!

You know, Mike...you just like to stir up shit, don't you? Ā :P

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think for a moment that there was any racial motivation involved here.....but that does not mean that it is beyond the realm of possibility that someone would want to make it an issue. Ā  Gee...thanks for giving someone the idea!

You know, Mike...you just like to stir up shit, don't you? Ā :P

Gip, I don't think there was either, but I mentioned itĀ in this case, because excluding Rudolph from suspension deserves it & the NFL deserves all the shit people can throw at them.Ā That punk even called Myles' actions "cowardly" & "bush league".......What were HIS?Ā  Wussy boy should have just kept his mouth shut. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Mike

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Gip, I don't think there was either, but I mentioned itĀ in this case, because excluding Rudolph from suspension deserves it & the NFL deserves all the shit people can throw at them.Ā That punk even called Myles' actions "cowardly" & "bush league".......What were HIS?Ā  Wussy boy should have just kept his mouth shut. "People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones".

Mike

If I was a Browns player I would be frothing at the mouth at the chance to go after Rudolph in two weeks, especially after seeing the video of what really happened to start the whole debacle. It would be my personal vendetta to knock him the fuck out.

Ā 

• Thanks 3

37 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

If I was a Browns player I would be frothing at the mouth at the chance to go after Rudolph in two weeks, especially after seeing the video of what really happened to start the whole debacle. It would be my personal vendetta to knock him the fuck out.

Ā 

I think wussy boy Mason Rudolph has put a huge target on his own ass & I don't think it will just be the Browns being the "heat seeking missiles".

Mike

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Ā 

One of my Browns pals had a pretty observant comment (and right on) about the Browns- Steelers game in two weeks. The Refs should get both Kitchens and TomlinĀ together at midfield before the game and tell them- "We're not going to tolerate any crap cheap shots in this game".Ā 

And they should. The game is violent enough without deliberately trying to injure another player.Ā 

Just now, hoorta said:

One of my Browns pals had a pretty observant comment (and right on) about the Browns- Steelers game in two weeks. The Refs should get both Kitchens and TomlinĀ together at midfield before the game and tell them- "We're not going to tolerate any crap cheap shots in this game".Ā 

And they should. The game is violent enough without deliberately trying to injure another player.Ā 

I would think the refs will have a very, VERY short leash on the players that day.Ā 

6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I would think the refs will have a very, VERY short leash on the players that day.Ā 

Like in some college games when there's a pregame skirmish and they penalize both teams with personal fouls and ejections on any further misbehaving.

Cleveland in Pittsburgh they better be helping each other up and saying please and thank you.

...... maybe I'd prefer a few fistfights -but- I don't think that will happen.

turkey.jpg

I hope we play tough and physical but smart. We need everybody we've got left to make this run. We need every body available when we take on the real threat in the AFC... the Ravens. Pittsburgh is done, they won't win another game this year.

On 11/17/2019 at 8:04 AM, mjp28 said:

I remember when former GE CEO smilin' Jack Welsh retired with his super golden parachute which even included lifetime benefits forĀ his wifeĀ like lifetime country club memberships and more.

Oh BTW GE stock did drop like a rock when he left.

Worth it or not?Ā  So the mega-rich get even richer and the family of four can't even afford game tickets.Ā  You decide.

Welsh is from the Greenspan-RR-Ayn Rand-Milton Friedman world view. Ā It is never enough for me. Ā And always noting for society or other people. Ā 

• Upvote 1

On 11/17/2019 at 9:19 AM, Dutch Oven said:

Ā 

Gregg Williams would've been the perfect coach to draw up the hit lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Why would it have been in the 4:25 spot anyway? Ā 

probably to instigate fights towards Browns fans after the game and the bars open,

so they can ban Browns fans............

maybe I need a nice hot bowl of vegetable soup.

On 11/17/2019 at 1:36 PM, hoorta said:

This will most definitely happen prior to the game. I am sure after finding both teams a quarter million dollars theyā€™ve told them the fines will be much higher along with potential draft picks lostĀ 

On 11/15/2019 at 11:17 AM, jbluhm86 said:

What a crock of shit:

SportingNews: Mason Rudolph avoids suspension in Myles Garrett incident, leaving some NFL fans upset

Motherfucker starts this whole debacle by trying to pull Garrett's helmet off, proceeds to kick Garrett in the baby bird, and then chases Garrett as he's walking away...yet no suspension?

Fucking BULLSHIT.

At least some NFL journalists and former players are calling out this horseshit.

Who? I've seen nothing but Garrett being bashed by current and former players, coaches and media.....