THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

it also shows the bias against teams like the Browns that haven't made the NFL big money on superbowls.

from the same steeler forum:

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/the-steelers-come-out-the-worst-in-this-situation-rudolph-is-still-playing.23338/

"He has had nothing BUT bad games so far. How about sprinkling in a f#$king good game every, I dunno, maybe every 5th game or so??? I mean Sh!t, 4 INTs, a QB rating of 36.3, and contributing to a sickening melee last night. No poise, yep I said it again. I just dont understand what you people see in this dud. I'll keep saying it, Ben's replacement is not on the roster. For anyone to say otherwise needs to be whacked in the head with a helmet by Myles Garrett . "

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I was one of them.  It’s about time 

We are getting a little stupid though.  I don’t like the taunting either.  Make a play celebrate a little with team move onto the next one 

I agree, that's where coaching is important.

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Most everyone in the tavern acknowledged he should be out the rest of the season.  It wasn't until after multiple views showing what rudolph did that people started to change their tune. I haven't. i still say he should be out the remainder of the year, but saying Rudolph should also be suspended for what he did isn't excusing Garrett or condoning his behavior.

+1000 percent.  I don't know why this is so hard for everyone to grasp.

59 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Does this make that L feel any better? A Browns rookie doing something stupid?

I couldn't care less about the "L"

We are on our backup qb, juju and johnson were concussed out of the game. We had two practice squad receivers and two practice squad running backs in the game. We were going to lose. Mason played terribly. All we needed was a Charlie batch like performance. You all throwing a damn parade like you really did something need to get a damn grip. You won a game you should have won with 4 ints and our offense dead. 

Add in myles garrett and dipshit Mack Wilson celebrating injuries and your win is more embarrassing than anything. Throw your parade and enjoy it while it lasts. Ben under center with this defense ain't gonna lose many games. 

And the bunch of you celebrating Garrett like it's evidence of the grit youve lacked should go to counseling. As I said previously the guys reacting accordingly are the same guys I expected to react that way, the rest of you are dirt bag man babies. Beta males.

35 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

anything that benefits the squealers like dbone and vagie is "football - you complain you're a sissy"

until it doesn't benefit them. Then they whine like gophers who see a hawk flying in the air 200 yards away.

Sissy should be suspended at least one game. Plain and simple. Excusing the qb behavior entirely is just what I said above.

Wait, wut? 

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

The contact before the helmet drag was incidental. People acting like Rudolph gave him the karate kid. His hand was also stuck to the under portion of Garrett's helmet. Myles than proceeded to drag him across the field. Anyone surprised that Rudolph would have more to say is either a beta male or never played competitive sports. Garrett hit him with the padded side of the helmet. If he had hit him with the harder portion it would have split his head. A helmet weighs 6 pounds a fucking brick weighs 5. Anyone defending garrett is a dip shit asshole. Period 

I am an asshole but you sir are the dipshit. First and foremost this has happened before. The suspension was two preseason games and one regular season game.  Once again the nfl  levying harsher penalties against the browns. Which is b.s. but what’s new.  So now that’s out of the way let’s take this step by step.  First Garrett takes down mason it was not late it was not dirty. Mason preceded to say something and tried to rip his helmet off.  Then Garrett retires the favor.  At this point it would be personal fouls and probably a fine.  De Castro pulls Garrett away and all would have be done.  Then at this point mason thinks it would be a good ideal to re- engage.  So right here is where he should have a suspension.  One game unless they were both given one for the helmets earlier then two games.  After re-engaging Garrett mason proceeded to sucker punch Garrett while he is tied up with de Castro and Garrett drops the hammer.  My opinion mason got what he deserved, But a suspension is warranted for  Garrett of three games which is the penalty handed out for this in fraction before.  And that takes us to pouncy which I. This case the nfl got it right at three game which is what Garrett should have.  And finally ogunjobi pushes mason which was stupid but did not warrant a suspension a fine maybe but honestly just a penalty.  Now you have the talking head saying this is a bad look for the nfl well I’m sorry to tell the bad look for the nfl is the bias they show to other teams such as the pats stillers ravens and Green Bay so ask you self of the rolls were reversed do you think the media would be out for blood or would they be calling baker and instigator. 

31 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Should Myles be suspended? Of course. Should Rudolph be suspended? Damn right!! Should Myles suspension bet indefinite, HELL NO. Last time a player used a helmet as a weapon in a game the suspension was 3 games. Rule 12 includes this action specifically. (source USA Today)

"As we pointed out earlier on Friday, this isn’t completely unprecedented … and there’s actually specific language about it in the NFL’s rules.

Rule 12 in the rulebook covers “player conduct” and all the way down to Article 17, there it is: “Use of helmet as a weapon.”

“A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent,” it reads. And the penalty?

For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

That’s basically what happened, save for the first down. Garrett was indeed disqualified."

The last time this happened, it was a 3 game suspension, and that wasn't even provoked in the way Rudolph did.

The NFL's absurd approach to rewriting the rules on a weekly basis shows a crisis of leadership.

A precedent that should be brought up as A fair argument  in the appeal.   As I said,   the league just overreacted to the optics and the media hysteria.  But, if you notice,  Maya was not at all scathed by this incident.  Not at all.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, FALCON7 said:

Why did you just quote part of my post?

...because that's all I needed.  I was going to make the point that Rudolph was not innocent.  And if Rudolph didn't go back at Myles the 2nd time, he wouldn't have gotten bopped on the head.

To put this simple this is like people having a pit bull in a fenced yard (Garrett) and the neighborhood snot nose kid (mason) picking and poking the dog.  Well the dog bits.  You don’t kill the dog.  You punish the kid and the dog accordingly. 

13 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

I am an asshole but you sir are the dipshit. First and foremost this has happened before. The suspension was two preseason games and one regular season game.  Once again the nfl  levying harsher penalties against the browns. Which is b.s. but what’s new.  So now that’s out of the way let’s take this step by step.  First Garrett takes down mason it was not late it was not dirty. Mason preceded to say something and tried to rip his helmet off.  Then Garrett retires the favor.  At this point it would be personal fouls and probably a fine.  De Castro pulls Garrett away and all would have be done.  Then at this point mason thinks it would be a good ideal to re- engage.  So right here is where he should have a suspension.  One game unless they were both given one for the helmets earlier then two games.  After re-engaging Garrett mason proceeded to sucker punch Garrett while he is tied up with de Castro and Garrett drops the hammer.  My opinion mason got what he deserved, But a suspension is warranted for  Garrett of three games which is the penalty handed out for this in fraction before.  And that takes us to pouncy which I. This case the nfl got it right at three game which is what Garrett should have.  And finally ogunjobi pushes mason which was stupid but did not warrant a suspension a fine maybe but honestly just a penalty.  Now you have the talking head saying this is a bad look for the nfl well I’m sorry to tell the bad look for the nfl is the bias they show to other teams such as the pats stillers ravens and Green Bay so ask you self of the rolls were reversed do you think the media would be out for blood or would they be calling baker and instigator. 

I'm not responding to most of this, you are a beta male. There isn't a qb in the LG that would have reacted differently. Tim Tebow would have maybe taken a knee and said a prayer lol. Suspended indefinitely is all you need to know. He won't be back for the start of next season either. I expect him to get a full 16. If the helmet rotated just a little bit Rudolph would have been bleeding all over the field. Get a grip beta male. 

No he won't. It's been said he will get the longest suspension ever handed down, that ain't 6 games. There are people speculating he will get another ten next season for a full 16 and it would be deserved. There are a bunch of you that look like total dirt bags, it's embarrassing.

A lot of people say a lot of things about a lot of things.  Like that you and Woody are the same person, or at least that you were sired by the same mule.

You, too are falling for the optics, and not the actual consequences. 

1 hour ago, browns52 said:

do the dot plots on miles garrett....he punched a player first game of the season and it got worse from there...he is a thug...end of story...a fucking thug....i don't care who started the fight,...you don't fucking pull a players helmet off and beat him with it....fucking caveman mentality.....he won't be around much longer anyway...will be happy to see him go.....

Can we say the same for you?  

18 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

EGGSFREAKIN EXACTLY!

6 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I'm not responding to most of this, you are a beta male. There isn't a qb in the LG that would have reacted differently. Tim Tebow would have maybe taken a knee and said a prayer lol. Suspended indefinitely is all you need to know. He won't be back for the start of next season either. I expect him to get a full 16. If the helmet rotated just a little bit Rudolph would have been bleeding all over the field. Get a grip beta male. 

odd, I've never seen a qb be such a gutless girlieman by throwing a fit because he had a another disastrous day, and even got sacked on the last play of the game. Which was a pass. While being two td's down.

Very few qb's in the league wet their pants and throw a three rivers scum hissy fit over being sacked cleanly. The Browns didn't make him badly miss long throws all evening, and fail to read defenses all evening, giving up INTs, and etc etc etc.

You indeed, remind me of woody more and more, too. Just a troll.

The contact before the helmet drag was incidental. People acting like Rudolph gave him the karate kid. His hand was also stuck to the under portion of Garrett's helmet. Myles than proceeded to drag him across the field. Anyone surprised that Rudolph would have more to say is either a beta male or never played competitive sports. Garrett hit him with the padded side of the helmet. If he had hit him with the harder portion it would have split his head. A helmet weighs 6 pounds a fucking brick weighs 5. Anyone defending garrett is a dip shit asshole. Period 

Well, you got some stuff right, and some stuff wrong.  You are a moron if you believe the stuck hand theory...it was the "I am trying to stick my fingers in your eye theory that is the only one that fits the facts and the video. 

But, sure,  Maya would naturally respond to being drug around like a rag doll.   If the "helmet hit" hadn't happened, that would have been the optic that everyone would be looking at, and laughing about.   And you are right again.....the only thing that made contact with Maya's head were those pads.  And if you knew anything about how an assault trial would be handled (and I know because I have heard my share of them as a magistrate), then you would know that that would be a hugely mitigating factor.....because, you see,   you do NOT consider what  could have happened.  You consider what actually DID happen.  Oh, it would still be an assault, but it could still be an assault if he had dropped a feather on his head....as it would be an assault if he dropped an anvil on his head.   But what he dropped was some foam padding that was attached to a piece of hard plastic.  So...the ACTUAL facts do matter....at least they would to a proper arbiter.  I am not of the opinion that the NFL has that in these disciplinary proceedings.

In fact, that precise issue:  what is the makeup of the disciplining body of the NFL, may be a major point of contention in the next CBA.

34 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I couldn't care less about the "L"

We are on our backup qb, juju and johnson were concussed out of the game. We had two practice squad receivers and two practice squad running backs in the game. We were going to lose. Mason played terribly. All we needed was a Charlie batch like performance. You all throwing a damn parade like you really did something need to get a damn grip. You won a game you should have won with 4 ints and our offense dead. 

Add in myles garrett and dipshit Mack Wilson celebrating injuries and your win is more embarrassing than anything. Throw your parade and enjoy it while it lasts. Ben under center with this defense ain't gonna lose many games. 

And the bunch of you celebrating Garrett like it's evidence of the grit youve lacked should go to counseling. As I said previously the guys reacting accordingly are the same guys I expected to react that way, the rest of you are dirt bag man babies. Beta males.

Why are you so mad? Your qb DIDN'T get hurt, our guy got suspended indefinitely, end of story. Why don't you go back to squeelers talk and talk about how bad your offense is? 

23 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Oh I am all male.  Your not responding to all of it because you can’t brake my argument. 

1 hour ago, jcam222 said:

Should Myles be suspended? Of course. Should Rudolph be suspended? Damn right!! Should Myles suspension bet indefinite, HELL NO. Last time a player used a helmet as a weapon in a game the suspension was 3 games. Rule 12 includes this action specifically. (source USA Today)

"As we pointed out earlier on Friday, this isn’t completely unprecedented … and there’s actually specific language about it in the NFL’s rules.

Rule 12 in the rulebook covers “player conduct” and all the way down to Article 17, there it is: “Use of helmet as a weapon.”

“A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent,” it reads. And the penalty?

For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

That’s basically what happened, save for the first down. Garrett was indeed disqualified."

The last time this happened, it was a 3 game suspension, and that wasn't even provoked in the way Rudolph did.

The NFL's absurd approach to rewriting the rules on a weekly basis shows a crisis of leadership.

I would upvote this but I'm out of reactions for today. This is inconceivable, that it's written in the rules and the snowflake culture can change things on a whim.

• Upvote 1

48 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Judy was the instigator and gets a minor fine. More fine and fair officiating from the NFL.  Oh well,  gotta admit tho, the look on red noses face when he got doinked with his own helmet then shoved on his ass was pretty funny... priceless even. Judy got Jonesed... lol

Browns tickets- $200 

Fuel, Food and Drink- $200 

Myles Garrett Jersey- $200

Beating the shit out of Pittsburgh with their own helmet- PRICELE$$

Welcome to Cleveland Motherfuckas. The Dawgs are BACK! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I'm not responding to most of this, you are a beta male. There isn't a qb in the LG that would have reacted differently. Tim Tebow would have maybe taken a knee and said a prayer lol. Suspended indefinitely is all you need to know. He won't be back for the start of next season either. I expect him to get a full 16. If the helmet rotated just a little bit Rudolph would have been bleeding all over the field. Get a grip beta male

Bet on length of suspension?

James Harrison and others used the crown of his helmet to take out players all the time did he swing it no, but none the less used it as a weapon. I didn't like Myles doing it but please let's not act like this is the first time a helmet was used as a weapon.

2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Try again.

^ Definitely a frustrated QB who threw 4 picks in a nationally televised ass kicking.... Too bad Myles just couldn't get up and blow him a big ol' kiss while pointing to the scoreboard. 

It's going to be a vicious game in Pukesburgh.  

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

"additional fines and suspensions may be handed out after further review". Like players leaving the bench during a fight...  Will Rudolph get fined or suspended for his actions? Stay tuned.  

Gotcha. Hate to sound like the little bitch here, but let's not act like Rudolph didn't start the entire thing by being a little twat. What a nightmare. 

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I am not understanding why people can't comprehend that is not an either or situation. Saying that Rudolph was in the wrong and should be suspended doesn't mean that you don't think that myles went way too far acted unacceptably and should be suspended for longer then what Rudolph gets. Oh and this is my unbiased opinion. 

Actually I don't disagree. I'm waiting for the NFL to decide it's punishment of Rudolph. I expect it to be less than Garrett's even if he was the provocateur.