THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

6 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Should Rudolph have attempted to rip Garrett’s helmet off? Or kick him in the balls? Or run after him after they were separated? 

Nope-but none of that equals what Myles did subsequently. Sorry this is just my unbiased opinion.

2 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

His value is with teams starting their gameplan to account for his presence and ending the discussion with “find Myles Garrett”.  Maybe pose this question to the 10 offensive coordinators that the Browns played.  

How do you need to game plan for him? He’s gone now and will have a bullseye on him. If he can’t play, his worth is nada 

8 minutes ago, D Bone said:

lol no worries. I just don't like the defense that (paraphrasing here, not saying you said it!!) <in my best Pittsburgh hillbilly accent> "Myles coulda really hurted him if he wanted to". 

I knew last night in the Tavern that he would be gone for a significant amount of time and he should be..... Hell, his teammates and peers that play(ed) the game know he should be too. 

Just a bummer for the Browns who don't get a lot of consistent pressure from the front 4 and now they lose their best player on that group. 

Most everyone in the tavern acknowledged he should be out the rest of the season.  It wasn't until after multiple views showing what rudolph did that people started to change their tune. I haven't. i still say he should be out the remainder of the year, but saying Rudolph should also be suspended for what he did isn't excusing Garrett or condoning his behavior.

4 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

How do you need to game plan for him? He’s gone now and will have a bullseye on him. If he can’t play, his worth is nada 

I believe that was his response to someone saying it doesn't really matter Garrett isn't making game changing plays anyway.  Just other teams having to gameplan and account for him is changing the game.  I think he knows teams wont gameplan for him while he is suspended

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

Most everyone in the tavern acknowledged he should be out the rest of the season.  It wasn't until after multiple views showing what rudolph did that people started to change their tune. I haven't. i still say he should be out the remainder of the year, but saying Rudolph should also be suspended for what he did isn't excusing Garrett or condoning his behavior.

Agree..... we just disagree on Mason's punishment for his involvement. I think a pretty hefty fine is what will be handed out...... after all, it's a QB driven league. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Thor's Hammer is a bitch........ I'll put the over/under for Myles returning at week 8 next season. I'm guessing those that thought 1 or 2 games max are a bit surprised right about now. 

I am surprised about Pouncey's suspension a bit, but the NFL had to quickly set an example and I'm 100% fine with his 3 games.... no place in the game for head stomping regardless of why. 

Myles has saddled this horse, now his teammates and fans get to ride it.  

I'd be a bit surprised if he misses time next year. They used the word "indefinite" to sound as tough as possible, and is the easiest manner to automatically rule him out of any playoff games if it gets there. Pouncey was totally fine standing up for his QB, but the kicks while Garrett was on the ground probably iced his 3 games. 

All you can hope is that the literal millions Garrett sees going down the shitter wises the man up.

13 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Rudolph provoked him and prevailed by getting Garrett to react. And the Steelers love him for it. 

Garrett is a "star" and should always expect that kind of dirty provocation. Comes with the territory. Best he know it now rather in a really close race for the top playoff spot next year.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Agree..... we just disagree on Mason's punishment for his involvement. I think a pretty hefty fine is what will be handed out...... after all, it's a QB driven league. 

Yes that's what will be handed out but it's not what should be handed out. If obunjobi got suspended for shoving Rudolph then Rudolph should certainly be suspended for trying to rip Garrett's helmet off putting his foot in Garrett's balls punching Garrett in his balls and throwing another punch (didn't connect) 

1 hour ago, jrb12711 said:

I'd be a bit surprised if he misses time next year. They used the word "indefinite" to sound as tough as possible, and is the easiest manner to automatically rule him out of any playoff games if it gets there. Pouncey was totally fine standing up for his QB, but the kicks while Garrett was on the ground probably iced his 3 games. 

All you can hope is that the literal millions Garrett sees going down the shitter wises the man up.

He will get reinstated before the first game next year.  He will be proactive by taking anger management classes and all that garbage. 

12 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, that isn't any worse than tomlin calling the play he did. What was the point? eight freaking seconds?

I suspect they called that play because they wanted to start a big fight and get Garrett, the Browns' start DE left on the line, suspended.

Remember, Tomlin is the toad that tried to trip a player running down the sideline.  They play the refs. Like their TE shoulder bumping the Browns db, and turning left but the pass was behind him, incomplete. Of course, the refs called pi on the db.

that is just so bogus...

That conspiracy theory is just so bogus Cal...  

7 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Chasing sacks, hence taking Rudolph to the ground with 8 seconds left.

What I said Vag...   The ball was already out of Rudolph's hands....  

6 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I agree, the product on the field is the product on the field. However two concussions for helmet to helmet hits on two of our starting receivers and then the Garrett bs. All I'm saying is people should probably not be walking around puffing the chest out. Lol

It was a rough game, granted. But don't try and act like in the past Harrison wasn't deliberately trying to injure players  from other teams, not just the Browns.  Cheapshotter Hines Ward never missed an opportunity to get in a blindside block whenever he had the opportunity. To the point the NFL changed the rules on account of it....   

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

If that's your honest opinion, please lie...

MG's initial take down was as gentle as it could be... it was practically in slow motion and it protected both players.

I was referring to what happened after the takedown Tour. 

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Is Rudolph not facing suspension?

"additional fines and suspensions may be handed out after further review". Like players leaving the bench during a fight...  Will Rudolph get fined or suspended for his actions? Stay tuned.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Nope-but none of that equals what Myles did subsequently. Sorry this is just my unbiased opinion.

I am not understanding why people can't comprehend that is not an either or situation. Saying that Rudolph was in the wrong and should be suspended doesn't mean that you don't think that myles went way too far acted unacceptably and should be suspended for longer then what Rudolph gets. Oh and this is my unbiased opinion. 

47 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

He will get reinstated before the first game next year.  He will be proactive by taking anger management classes and all that garbage. 

No he won't. It's been said he will get the longest suspension ever handed down, that ain't 6 games. There are people speculating he will get another ten next season for a full 16 and it would be deserved. There are a bunch of you that look like total dirt bags, it's embarrassing.

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Like I said...they DO succumb to media hysteria at times. 

do the dot plots on miles garrett....he punched a player first game of the season and it got worse from there...he is a thug...end of story...a fucking thug....i don't care who started the fight,...you don't fucking pull a players helmet off and beat him with it....fucking caveman mentality.....he won't be around much longer anyway...will be happy to see him go.....

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

The contact before the helmet drag was incidental. People acting like Rudolph gave him the karate kid. His hand was also stuck to the under portion of Garrett's helmet. Myles than proceeded to drag him across the field. Anyone surprised that Rudolph would have more to say is either a beta male or never played competitive sports. Garrett hit him with the padded side of the helmet. If he had hit him with the harder portion it would have split his head. A helmet weighs 6 pounds a fucking brick weighs 5. Anyone defending garrett is a dip shit asshole. Period 

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, browns52 said:

do the dot plots on miles garrett....he punched a player first game of the season and it got worse from there...he is a thug...end of story...a fucking thug....i don't care who started the fight,...you don't fucking pull a players helmet off and beat him with it....fucking caveman mentality.....he won't be around much longer anyway...will be happy to see him go.....

And then Mack Wilson was caught celebrating juju getting hurt on twitter. Posted a picture with a laughing face and 1-0. Kitchens better get that shit under control.

4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

No he won't. It's been said he will get the longest suspension ever handed down, that ain't 6 games. There are people speculating he will get another ten next season for a full 16 and it would be deserved. There are a bunch of you that look like total dirt bags, it's embarrassing.

What Garrett did is inexcusable and should not be tolerated ever. And if he gets suspended for a full 16 games there isn't much argument against. That being said calling Browns fans dirt bags from a supporter of a team historically full of dirt bag cheap shot players is quite frankly laughable. When the Steelers tear some ones ACL or break their jaw, well they are just playing good hard football. When Rudolph gets a bump on the head, worst thing thats ever happened.

• Thanks 1

Browns will 'stand behind' suspended DE Myles Garrett

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001077030/article/browns-will-stand-behind-suspended-de-myles-garrett

A little more than 12 hours after an ugly fight marred a Thursday night win for the Browns, coach Freddie Kitchens spoke with reporters as the dust continued to settle around him.

His message: Myles Garrett is sorry for what happened and Kitchens' team will support Garrett as a family does a brother. But they'll also have to ensure Garrett's actions don't serve as the reason for their downfall.

"He understands the magnitude of what occurred last night and he's very remorseful," Kitchens said of Garrett. "He's very sorry for his actions. He understands he let himself down, he let his teammates down, he let his organization down."

The Browns gathered Friday at the team's facility to attempt to put together the pieces left on the ground by the altercation that resulted in an indefinite suspension for Garrett, a one-game ban for teammate Larry Ogunjobi and a three-game suspension for Steelers center Maurkice Pouncey. Garrett took the time to apologize to his teammates, who accepted it and expressed their support for the third-year defensive end.

"He just wanted to apologize to us. Said he lost his cool," Browns Pro Bowl guard Joel Bitonio said Friday. "Said it was a moment of weakness, it never should have gotten to that point and he's going to prove to us that was one incident on his radar. ... He feels like he's letting us down obviously that he's not going to be out there with us on gamedays."

Thursday night's fight could be seen as a capper to what has been an unusually aggressive campaign from Garrett, who was not shy about his Defensive Player of the Year aspirations going into the season but has let such desires bubble over into detrimental extracurricular activity. Garrett's head slap in Week 1 against Tennessee drew a flag, as did his roughing penalties in Week 2 against New York.

Garrett had tightened up those loose ends, though, and seemed back on track in his pursuit of becoming the NFL's sack champion. Then the final 30 seconds arrived Thursday night, when everything unraveled for him.

"Myles has done a good job of eliminating those things from his game," Kitchens said Friday. "He just let his emotions and lost his composure last night when things got like that."

The last part of Bitonio's quote is true. The Browns will undoubtedly miss Garrett's game-changing impact in the team's final six games. As they attempt to run the table in a playoff push, they'll need to find a way to replace his efforts.

Bitonio sensed the chaos and its potential to consume his team in the immediate moments after Thursday's 21-7 win, and gave a brief, impassioned speech to his teammates, emphasizing the importance of togetherness and working toward a common goal. That goal -- the playoffs -- is still in sight, even if the space for viewing is as wide as that between a floor and a drafty front door.

That means the Browns will have to support Garrett as much as they can -- "We consider ourself a family. When someone's hurting, when someone's feeling like this, we're going to stand behind them," Kitchens said -- but also try not to drag with them into Week 12 the baggage he's collected. Such an effort will require veteran leadership from players like Bitonio, who has already seen plenty in his time with the Browns.

"It wasn't the way you wanted to win a game," Bitonio admitted. "It definitely felt different. ... We've got to come back Monday and refocus. I know it's a really big blow, you lose a couple guys, one for the season and one for a week. ... If we can just refocus and start focusing on the Miami Dolphins, I think that's going to be a big step for us. Win or lose, there should be a new focus come Monday."

Oh God 5:05 pm on our local 5 pm news......this and the videos are going to live on for a long time.

He now joins the club with Suh and other professional sports village idiots.

I wonder if he can sing or dance?   :lol:

15 minutes ago, Vambo said:

For years I've listen to Browns fans saying the wish the Browns would be a more "PHYSICAL" like the Steelers and Ravens.

anything that benefits the squealers like dbone and vagie is "football - you complain you're a sissy"

until it doesn't benefit them. Then they whine like gophers who see a hawk flying in the air 200 yards away.

Sissy should be suspended at least one game. Plain and simple. Excusing the qb behavior entirely is just what I said above.

Should Myles be suspended? Of course. Should Rudolph be suspended? Damn right!! Should Myles suspension bet indefinite, HELL NO. Last time a player used a helmet as a weapon in a game the suspension was 3 games. Rule 12 includes this action specifically. (source USA Today)

"As we pointed out earlier on Friday, this isn’t completely unprecedented … and there’s actually specific language about it in the NFL’s rules.

Rule 12 in the rulebook covers “player conduct” and all the way down to Article 17, there it is: “Use of helmet as a weapon.”

“A player may not use a helmet that is no longer worn by anyone as a weapon to strike, swing at, or throw at an opponent,” it reads. And the penalty?

For illegal use of a helmet as a weapon: Loss of 15 yards and automatic disqualification. If the foul is by the defense, it is also an automatic first down.

That’s basically what happened, save for the first down. Garrett was indeed disqualified."

The last time this happened, it was a 3 game suspension, and that wasn't even provoked in the way Rudolph did.

The NFL's absurd approach to rewriting the rules on a weekly basis shows a crisis of leadership.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I believe that was his response to someone saying it doesn't really matter Garrett isn't making game changing plays anyway.  Just other teams having to gameplan and account for him is changing the game.  I think he knows teams wont gameplan for him while he is suspended

Thanks exactly what I meant 

25 minutes ago, Vambo said:

For years I've listen to Browns fans saying the wish the Browns would be a more "PHYSICAL" like the Steelers and Ravens.

I was one of them.  It’s about time 

We are getting a little stupid though.  I don’t like the taunting either.  Make a play celebrate a little with team move onto the next one