THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

18 minutes ago, D Bone said:

What ever happened to being held responsible for your actions?

Pouncey, Sissy Mason, Garrett should all be held responsible for their actions. Nobody is disputing that, except for people who ignore what started it, what aggravated it and who piled on.

I'm 51 and I was taught that lesson at an early age. Most people here gloss right over what Myles did, and they can't spout enough about how he was "provoked".

Were you taught about self-defense? Miles was attacked first, AND second to his groin, he grabbed sissy mason's helmet after sissy mason tried to rip his head/helmet off for NO GOOD REASON. He should have dropped the helmet, but still was being attacked AGAIN by sissy mason, WHILE BEING RESTRAINED. Were you taught about getting ALL THE FACTS?

I am solely talking about what Myles did.... not how he got to that point in time where he had a fucking football helmet in is hand, saw the player who he was mad at had no head protection, and decided to hit him in his head with the helmet as hard as he could..... That's solely what I am discussing. That single act in time. Period.

Like I said - all the facts. It's invalid to say "so and so shot the man" when the man broke into your home, and had a gun to shoot you first if he could, but he missed with his first shot.

WTF ever happened to simply being held accountable for your actions?  Thank you Mom and Dad for instilling that in me, and more importantly, for then allowing me to instill it into my daughter.

ALL THE FACTS BEFORE YOU JUDGE.

35 minutes ago, BrownsDawgPound said:

Myles Garrett suspended for the rest of the regular season and postseason in 2019, right now at least at this time. Mason Rudolph and the  Steelers will also proceed to press criminal charges to Garrett for assault. 

No worries they haven’t stopped Garrett yet don’t expect this to in the long run either 

I mean, the NFL had to do this the way they did. This is the main line on every major news outlet and would continue to be until they made a decision. Only reason it's indefinite is if the squad makes the playoffs. Adrian Peterson beat his kid and only had to sit out a year. 

What a nightmare this season has ended up being, wow.

28 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

Not to anyone’s surprise the media is all over the browns.  This was just what they were waiting for.  The browns struggling they loved but now they are all in.  So not only are they saying the browns are undisciplined but now they are saying they are teaching this culture.  Even though the penalties have drop significantly over the past three games. Now not only is this a lie but to me warrants a lawsuit.  So now they are going to push this narrative to disrupt and form decent in the locker room.  Which for what ever reason they get off on. So as with the political media they are spreading lies and not presenting the fact, which they don’t know. What we do know 

1. Mason started the fight. 

2. Mason grabbed his face Mask first

3. After the two were separated mason re-engaged garrett

4. Mason punches Garrett in the balls before the swing

5. After the hit pouncy comes in lands 6 punches and a kick.

6. After the game Freddie said Garrett told him what mason said but could not repeat it.  

I did not know #6. sounds like they set up Garrett to be suspended to give them a chance of beating the Browns in two weeks.

Well, tomlin tried to trip a player running down the sideline... would it surprise anybody if it was true?

There are so many things wrong the entire situation.

Garret's reaction is inexcusable.  
BUT, why with so very little time, did Pittsburgh feel the need to continue and try and push the ball downfield.  You're down by 14 points.  It will take a miracle to win.  Call it a night and take a knee.  If this were the case, I doubt we would see Garret going 110% at the QB.  The amount of emotional and game intelligence NOT USED is mind numbing.  

6 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean, the NFL had to do this the way they did. This is the main line on every major news outlet and would continue to be until they made a decision. Only reason it's indefinite is if the squad makes the playoffs. Adrian Peterson beat his kid and only had to sit out a year. 

What a nightmare this season has ended up being, wow.

Like I said...they DO succumb to media hysteria at times. 

1 minute ago, BrownsKidd said:

There are so many things wrong the entire situation.

Garret's reaction is inexcusable.  
BUT, why with so very little time, did Pittsburgh feel the need to continue and try and push the ball downfield.  You're down by 14 points.  It will take a miracle to win.  Call it a night and take a knee.  If this were the case, I doubt we would see Garret going 110% at the QB.  The amount of emotional and game intelligence NOT USED is mind numbing.  

I guess, we could also say:  why didn't the Browns take their best defender off the field and save him from possible injury.  The Browns scrubs on defense probably should have been in on that last play as well as the Steelers scrubs.  I mean, Freddie sent in Gilbert to take the final snap after all the fufarol.  Why not sit Garrett out?

• Like 1

Just now, The Gipper said:

I guess, we could also say:  why didn't the Browns take their best defender off the field and save him from possible injury.  The Browns scrubs on defense probably should have been in on that last play as well as the Steelers scrubs.  I mean, Freddie sent in Gilbert to take the final snap after all the fufarol.  Why not sit Garrett out?

This. ALL OF THIS.

Here's my take on the entire event for anyone that cares:

When the fight started between Myles and Mason it was a good ol' football fight between two bitter rivals at the end of an ass kicking by the Browns. Both players grabbing helmets and generally going at..... see it every week in the NFL. Nothing but a 15yd foul for both players and a lot of finger pointing and yo mama calling.

It quickly escalated once Myles ripped off Mason's helmet, and had it have just ended there, then Myles would've probably been kicked out of the game and had a letter from the office in his locker on Tuesday.... nothing else....... so far, no big deal. 

Once Myles hit a defenseless player (no headgear) in the head with the helmet, it all changed for Myles, and when Goodell lands the Hammer of Thor on him he'll quickly be reminded of that moment in time..... as will all of his teammates and fans. 

Once Myles was tackled down by the 2 Stoolers and one of them (Pouncey?) kicked and punched his PROTECTED BY A HELMET head then he will also receive a letter in his in box from the league, but I doubt any suspension is coming...... I completely understand why Pouncey went batshit crazy after what Myles did and would like to think every single one of my teammates would do the same thing if I were Mason..... That being said, he'll be fined because that went over and above "a good ol' football fight between two rivals".

As for Ogengobi, his move was a pussy blindside sucker shove and he'll also get a nice letter from the league as well, but zero suspension. 

..... and that leaves Mason. He'll also get a letter requiring a large donation to the NFL, but like Ogengobi there will be zero suspension.

So to sum it up for me, it started out as a typical Browns/Stoolers football fight but morphed by Myles into something far different. 

• Upvote 1

This isn't the first time Myles has done something boneheaded to cost this team. Remember week 1 against the Steelers, last year?

Joe Schobert returns INT or fumble into FG range to potentially win game in OT.. Garrett late hit,15 yard penalty ,and we tie the game..

Garrett's physicality and desire to hit something is costing this team. He's gotta grow up.

5 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Coaching inexperience and letting Garrett "Get after it" which he clearly loves to do... A bit too much. Myles needs to work on that Yin and Yang..

plain and simple: Sissy mason punched Garrett in the jaw while Garrett was being restrained.

He could have had his jaw broken. Wrong to swing the helmet, yep. Should have dropped it, and swung back

at mason and knocked his sissy ass out. Plain and simple. Sissy Mason made this entire episode happen with continued aggression.

Garrett only had one arm/hand available to strike back in self-defense. Too bad it had a helmet in it.....

usatsi_13666293.jpg?w=572&h=343&crop=1&z

that didn't take long. I suppose the league wants mason to stay on the field. Sissy mason STARTED the whole thing, kept it going. He should have gotten at least one game.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/15/steelers-browns-suspensions-myles-garrett-maurkice-pouncey/

Thor's Hammer is a bitch........ I'll put the over/under for Myles returning at week 8 next season. I'm guessing those that thought 1 or 2 games max are a bit surprised right about now. 

I am surprised about Pouncey's suspension a bit, but the NFL had to quickly set an example and I'm 100% fine with his 3 games.... no place in the game for head stomping regardless of why. 

Myles has saddled this horse, now his teammates and fans get to ride it.  

36 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Here's my take on the entire event for anyone that cares:

When the fight started between Myles and Mason it was a good ol' football fight between two bitter rivals at the end of an ass kicking by the Browns. Both players grabbing helmets and generally going at..... see it every week in the NFL. Nothing but a 15yd foul for both players and a lot of finger pointing and yo mama calling.

It quickly escalated once Myles ripped off Mason's helmet, and had it have just ended there, then Myles would've probably been kicked out of the game and had a letter from the office in his locker on Tuesday.... nothing else....... so far, no big deal. 

Once Myles hit a defenseless player (no headgear) in the head with the helmet, it all changed for Myles, and when Goodell lands the Hammer of Thor on him he'll quickly be reminded of that moment in time..... as will all of his teammates and fans. 

Once Myles was tackled down by the 2 Stoolers and one of them (Pouncey?) kicked and punched his PROTECTED BY A HELMET head then he will also receive a letter in his in box from the league, but I doubt any suspension is coming...... I completely understand why Pouncey went batshit crazy after what Myles did and would like to think every single one of my teammates would do the same thing if I were Mason..... That being said, he'll be fined because that went over and above "a good ol' football fight between two rivals".

As for Ogengobi, his move was a pussy blindside sucker shove and he'll also get a nice letter from the league as well, but zero suspension. 

..... and that leaves Mason. He'll also get a letter requiring a large donation to the NFL, but like Ogengobi there will be zero suspension.

So to sum it up for me, it started out as a typical Browns/Stoolers football fight but morphed by Myles into something far different. 

After Myles ripped his helmet off (and got kicked in the balls) he is clearly backing up with two very large Steelers between him and Rudolph. Rudolph charges at him swinging and then Myles completely goes off the rails. I honestly don't understand your "defenseless player" defense of Rudolph. OK, he doesn't have a helmet. But instead of backing away he charges at Garrett. You make it sound like Rudolph was trying to get away and Myles chased him down and bashed his head with a helmet. And BTW, why aren't Pouncey and the other lineman trying to push their quarterback away from the skirmish instead of letting him charge at Garrett?

Rudolph reminds me of Pedro Martinez when he was with the Red Sox. He would throw at hitters, then when the hitter came out to the mound Martinez would hide behind a wall of teammates while still talking shit. (Well, there was the time he stepped up and threw a 72 year old man to the ground.)

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Thor's Hammer is a bitch........ I'll put the over/under for Myles returning at week 8 next season. I'm guessing those that thought 1 or 2 games max are a bit surprised right about now. 

That is absurd. next season.   But,  no, not surprised,   while 1 or 2 games is like all that is warranted, I expected the league to succumb to media howling and to the optics, while the substance of the action was very minimal. LIke I said, he got hurt worse from the shove from behind than he did when the foam padding of the helmet made contact with his head. 

I am surprised about Pouncey's suspension a bit, but the NFL had to quickly set an example and I'm 100% fine with his 3 games.... no place in the game for head stomping regardless of why. 

Myles has saddled this horse, now his teammates and fans get to ride it.  

As always, it is just: next man up.

44 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

that didn't take long. I suppose the league wants mason to stay on the field. Sissy mason STARTED the whole thing, kept it going. He should have gotten at least one game.

https://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2019/11/15/steelers-browns-suspensions-myles-garrett-maurkice-pouncey/

Further suspensions may follow as they review details. My guess is the red-nosed one will get a suspension as well since he started it by trying to pry off Garrett's helmet from the back of his head. Garrett actually took him down relatively gingerly compared to the one earlier in the season he was fined for.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

..................... pretty much what every woman beater says to the police when asked how she got that black eye. "If I woulda hit her, she wouldn't be here to talk about it". 

^ Life Goals

Ok dude.... except their is actual video of Myles incident and he clearly is not swinging as hard as he can. And if you are suggesting I am a woman beater because it looked to me that Myles could have swung that thing harder and faster than what he did then I've got nothing more to say to you. 

Well I backed him to come here, but last night he even knows he is the village idiot for that stunt. The indefinite suspension is the correct one. Myles will have to prove to the NFL powers that be that nothing will ever occur like that again. He should have never retaliated in the first place by ripping off the helmet and he knows it.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Well I backed him to come here, but last night he even knows he is the village idiot for that stunt. The indefinite suspension is the correct one. Myles will have to prove to the NFL powers that be that nothing will ever occur like that again. He should have never retaliated in the first place by ripping off the helmet and he knows it.

Amen  (out of upvote thingies) 

6 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Ok dude.... except their is actual video of Myles incident and he clearly is not swinging as hard as he can. And if you are suggesting I am a woman beater because it looked to that Myles could have swung that thing harder and faster than what he did you can just fuck off

Dude, where did I say you are one???? Jeez, what is wrong with your reading skills. 

5 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Should Rudolph have attempted to rip Garrett’s helmet off? Or kick him in the balls? Or run after him after they were separated? 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Dude, where did I say you are one???? Jeez, what is wrong with your reading skills. 

You said "exactly what a woman beater would say while quoting my post" and pointing up to it. I apologize for the language though.  I edited it but you are quick on the trigger.

1 minute ago, Comeonman said:

2X whatever Rudolph gets is what Garret should get 

letting sissy mason off completely is a farce. I didn't think they would do it.

• Upvote 1

Just now, bjh2130 said:

You said exactly what a woman beater would say while quoting my post and pointing up to it. I apologize for the language though.  I edited it but you are quick on the trigger.

lol no worries. I just don't like the defense that (paraphrasing here, not saying you said it!!) <in my best Pittsburgh hillbilly accent> "Myles coulda really hurted him if he wanted to". 

I knew last night in the Tavern that he would be gone for a significant amount of time and he should be..... Hell, his teammates and peers that play(ed) the game know he should be too. 

Just a bummer for the Browns who don't get a lot of consistent pressure from the front 4 and now they lose their best player on that group.