THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

When the fight actually happened he cried wolf. I don't believe for a second Myles hit him as hard as he could as people are saying.

See the video....the thing that contacted Rudolph were the foam pads inside the helmet.  Could it have been worse? Sure.  

But, in legal situations like this, and this is or will be a legal situation when the appeal is heard, the ACTUAL harm done is all that is accounted for.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Vagitron said:

Garrett used his helmet as a weapon but yea "far worse"  but I admit I am an eggsucking dishonest squealer pouty fucking idiot. 

I should be Suspended indefinitely FYI. 

fify

12 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man, imagine if the players were reversed....... Baker instead of Mason, ect, ect, ect.....

Imagine the F U C K I N G crying that would be absolutely rampant throughout this forum. There wouldn't be ONE dude saying that Baker not only deserved it, but should also be suspended too........ NOT ONE MUTHER FUCKING DUDE. 

At the end of the day, Myles hurt his team and there should not be one true FAN that is proud of, or defends that. 

I don't think anyone is defending it as a punishable offense.

The question is:  how punishable?  

Again, I hate to be a realist....or what some of you may want to call a legalist, but in any situation like this a whole range of factors have to be and probably will be taken into account.

I know that the minds of some of you can't fathom anything that goes beyond the content of what can fit on a bumper sticker, but in real jurisprudence situations, which, again, this is....a full and complete analysis of the entirety of the circumstances will become necessary.

6 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

EJbanKaXYAI0NVf?format=jpg&name=medium

Suspensions are in, Myles gone for the year.

Not necessarily.  As noted above.....this initial reaction (overreaction)  is subject to appeal. And unless the arbiter is also someone that cannot comprehend facts and circumstances, and who ONLY goes by the optics,  there could be some adjustments made to this.  The other thing that these initial rulings do is to sometimes play to whatever is being said in the media.

4 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Watch the play again. Rudolph's glove is stuck in some part of Garrett's helmet. I'm sure he was pissed to be taken down but he was also trying to get his hand unstuck. Emotions run high for all of us so it looks malicious but there are Browns fans on my board saying the same thing. Rudolph had his hand stuck. Garrett is going to get more than 6 dude unless they take the "rest of the season" approach as enough. It was assault.

You're joking right?  His glove got caught in his facemask? What was his other hand doing grabbing the back of Garrett's helmet and twisting? He must have had stickum and it was stuck right.  No way in hell did Rudolph's hand accidentally wind up in his facemask he threw the ball with one and Garrett's head it below his off hand. Look im not condoning Myles and the nfl did the right thing suspending him indefinitely, but you are defending Rudolph trying to twist Garrett's helmet off and kicking him the balls. That whole thing never happens if Rudolph doesn't do that.  Doesn't make what Garrett did excusable but rudolph isn't excused either.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Dude is a beast and emotions run high. He's going to get a lengthy suspension and a huge fine. He tainted his legacy 100% but you can't say "thanks sashi" lol. He's unreal good.

you squealer team has tainted their legacy for decades, you idiot. steriods, rape, cheapshots to take out qb's...

AFC wildcard.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

Not necessarily.  As noted above.....this initial reaction (overreaction)  is subject to appeal. And unless the arbiter is also someone that cannot comprehend facts and circumstances, and who ONLY goes by the optics,  there could be some adjustments made to this.  The other thing that these initial rulings do is to sometimes play to whatever is being said in the media.

Thats true they can appeal, but I don't see Myles getting much leniency during an appeal. I can see Ogunjobi having his suspension removed though what he did isn't suspension worthy.

the shoe has been on the other foot for decades, vag. You don't have a leg to stand on. and Garrett's sack was as gentle as could be. He could have knocked his ass out and drawn a penalty but didn't.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think anyone is defending it as a punishable offense.

The question is:  how punishable?  

Again, I hate to be a realist....or what some of you may want to call a legalist, but in any situation like this a whole range of factors have to be and probably will be taken into account.

I know that the minds of some of you can't fathom anything that goes beyond the content of what can fit on a bumper sticker, but in real jurisprudence situations, which, again, this is....a full and complete analysis of the entirety of the circumstances will become necessary.

What ever happened to being held responsible for your actions? I'm 51 and I was taught that lesson at an early age. Most people here gloss right over what Myles did, and they can't spout enough about how he was "provoked".

I am solely talking about what Myles did.... not how he got to that point in time where he had a fucking football helmet in is hand, saw the player who he was mad at had no head protection, and decided to hit him in his head with the helmet as hard as he could..... That's solely what I am discussing. That single act in time. Period.

WTF ever happened to simply being held accountable for your actions?  Thank you Mom and Dad for instilling that in me, and more importantly, for then allowing me to instill it into my daughter.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Man, imagine if the players were reversed....... Baker instead of Mason, ect, ect, ect.....

Imagine the F U C K I N G crying that would be absolutely rampant throughout this forum. There wouldn't be ONE dude saying that Baker not only deserved it, but should also be suspended too........ NOT ONE MUTHER FUCKING DUDE. 

At the end of the day, Myles hurt his team and there should not be one true FAN that is proud of, or defends that. 

Im not defending Myles but I can tell you 100% that I would be saying Baker should be suspended if the roles were reversed. I would say the same thing im saying now Garrett/watt should be done for the season rudolph/Baker should get a game or 2.

13 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Ogunjobi should be fined, I don't think shoving Rudolph to the ground is suspension worthy.

Agree...... but it was a pussy move. 

5 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

Thats true they can appeal, but I don't see Myles getting much leniency during an appeal. I can see Ogunjobi having his suspension removed though what he did isn't suspension worthy.

Lets put it this way....sure, it is possible that the league office can take the same approach as the Rs do to the BOM's impeachment....ignore all facts and evidence and circumstances and have a predetermined view of the matter.  Or, they can act like a real judicial body and take in all the facts, evidence and circumstances in this case.   They should consider the provocation, they should consider the impact to the alleged victim/provacateur, and other things.  Or, they can be like the OJ jury and just say:  we done made up our mind before this whole thing started. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Agree...... but it was a pussy move. 

and pouncey's wasn't it? trying to kick Garrett's face in while he was on the ground restrained? mason starting the whole thing because his little sissy self got sacked AGAIN and the squealers embarrassed themselves most ot the game?

So much for tomlin being a great coach. Kitchens outcoached him today. lol

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

What ever happened to being held responsible for your actions? I'm 51 and I was taught that lesson at an early age. Most people here gloss right over what Myles did, and they can't spout enough about how he was "provoked".

I am solely talking about what Myles did.... not how he got to that point in time where he had a fucking football helmet in is hand, saw the player who he was mad at had no head protection, and decided to hit him in his head with the helmet as hard as he could..... That's solely what I am discussing. That single act in time. Period.

WTF ever happened to simply being held accountable for your actions?  Thank you Mom and Dad for instilling that in me, and more importantly, for then allowing me to instill it into my daughter.

Well said D bone.   

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Myles deserves his suspension but don't for one second that was as hard as he could hit

Not to anyone’s surprise the media is all over the browns.  This was just what they were waiting for.  The browns struggling they loved but now they are all in.  So not only are they saying the browns are undisciplined but now they are saying they are teaching this culture.  Even though the penalties have drop significantly over the past three games. Now not only is this a lie but to me warrants a lawsuit.  So now they are going to push this narrative to disrupt and form decent in the locker room.  Which for what ever reason they get off on. So as with the political media they are spreading lies and not presenting the fact, which they don’t know. What we do know 

1. Mason started the fight. 

2. Mason grabbed his face Mask first

3. After the two were separated mason re-engaged garrett

4. Mason punches Garrett in the balls before the swing

5. After the hit pouncy comes in lands 6 punches and a kick.

6. After the game Freddie said Garrett told him what mason said but could not repeat it.  

Just now, calfoxwc said:

and pouncey's wasn't it?

I didn't say it wasn't. I was merely talking about the dude in question coming up from behind another dude and shoving him to the ground.... Pussy move all day where I come from, but I wouldn't suspend him for it.

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Lets put it this way....sure, it is possible that the league office can take the same approach as the Rs do to the BOM's impeachment....ignore all facts and evidence and circumstances and have a predetermined view of the matter.  Or, they can act like a real judicial body and take in all the facts, evidence and circumstances in this case.   They should consider the provocation, they should consider the impact to the alleged victim/provacateur, and other things.  Or, they can be like the OJ jury and just say:  we done made up our mind before this whole thing started. 

I hope the NFL is honest enough to realize the entire thing was STARTED BY SISSY MASON. and made a lot worse by SISSY MASON when he went after Garrett, the second time. (oh, and kicked Garrett in the groin the first time).

What's worse - a self-defense against being restrained, kicked in the groin, trying to rip his helmet off, thrown to the ground, stomped on and punched in the head/face by a 320 offensive lineman...

or a whip of a helmet against the initial attacker?  tomlin was a moron for putting his qb in position for another sack at the end. that was just STUPID. sissy mason should have gone after tomlin !

Sissy girly-man mason could have scratched Myles' eyes out.

Garrett will get suspended, so should sissy mason and Pouncy. The out of control garbage started with the stinking squealer three rivers scum qb.

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Myles deserves his suspension but don't for one second that was as hard as he could hit

..................... pretty much what every woman beater says to the police when asked how she got that black eye. "If I woulda hit her, she wouldn't be here to talk about it". 

^ Life Goals

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Hello! McFy...is anybody home?   Nobody is saying that he should not be held responsible for his action.   And it seems that YOU are the one doing the "glossing over" 

And that makes you completely UNFIT to ever make any decisions of importance to anyone else's life.  Please, for God's sake, if you are ever called for jury duty....decline somehow to serve.   Or...tell on voir dire exactly what you say here:  "I have made up my mind, the defendant is charged ergo he must be guilty..and I don't care about anything else that may have happened or what anyone else says...I have a preconceived notion of what must be done, and I am sticking to it?   FYI, you would be kicked off the jury pool in a New York minute. 

Then your parents did a poor job, and you are doing a poor job at raising your kid.  You are saying, apparently to her:  Always come to a premature conclusion on things.  Never let anything else of relevance ever come betwee you and your biases and prejudices and your preconceptions. Always make snap judgments on bare bone facts. 

I think you would be better off teaching your daughter:  "in the most important decisions in your life, be patient.  Consider all options, hear all sides, make an informed and intelligent decision. Don't let your first instinct be the sole deciding factor.  Seek counseling and advice on the important decisions you make.  Don't be rash.  If after you have deliberated and heard all sides and considered all options, then you can make what hopefully is the right decision."

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I didn't say it wasn't. I was merely talking about the dude in question coming up from behind another dude and shoving him to the ground.... Pussy move all day where I come from, but I wouldn't suspend him for it.

sissy mason deserved to get his ass kicked. he started the fiasco. apparently enraged that the refs didn't give them their customary help to win the game earlier. Mason attacked Garrett TWICE, I would have shoved him on his ass just to get his attention so he didn't go after Garrett a third time. I never once had anything against sissy mason til that gutless attack on Garrett over a very clean sack.