Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Myles

Recommended Posts

15 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean there's no reason a player would think he's not doing that intentionally, and homie did kick him the groin. He's not a choir boy here. Honestly, Mason looks, acts, and talks like a frat bro who would say "you can fight me but my dad's a lawyer". Just being real here, I wouldn't be surprised if he (rudolph) said something racial or otherwise crossed the line. It just doesn't make sense to me why Myles would go from pissed to berserker mode. Not in his bag of tricks.

As I said though, he deserves whatever is coming to him.

I don't think Rudolph would cross the racial line or something like that. He's not known to be a douche, but who really knows. I will say that it appeared that Rudolph tried to rip off Myles' helmet but couldn't, and Myles returned the favor in spades. Once Myles ripped off the helmet, he should have dropped it. He does that, and maybe everything is fine. Let's not forget Myles had two men literally coming after him. 

Alas, he didn't drop the helmet. He swung it like a war club and actually hit Rudolph in the effing head. He could have seriously injured him...or worse. Garrett is gone, and it breaks my heart because he's my favorite. Well, at least he was. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Except for the part where Garrett's helmet is twisted to the point that he's looking out the ear hole.

"Chasing sacks, hence taking Rudolph to the ground with 8 seconds left."  So, with 8 seconds left in a two score game, the Steelers are still trying to score but Garrett is at fault because he didn't take a knee? Right.

Look, I get it: Garrett deserves a suspension. But can we please stop acting like Rudolph was serving Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless when Garrett suddenly for no reason decided to start whaling on him with his own helmet? After Garrett tore his helmet off he is clearly backing away with Pouncey and another Steeler lineman between him and Rudolph. Rudolph chooses to be the aggressor and charges at him when Myles loses it. Again, Myles deserves a suspension. But comparing him to Burfect is asinine.

P.S. James Harrison says hello.

James Harrison never did anything close, ever and the steelers weren't "trying to score" as  they ran one damn play. They weren't burning timeouts. Garrett didn't need to take Rudolph to the ground and what Garrett did is the dirtiest thing I've seen in professional sports. Period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Kvoethe said:

What character....he has been cheap shotting all season??!??

What the hell are you talking about?

You want to cut Garrett who absolutely destroyed the Steelers but made a bone head decision in a fight that another guy started AND you wanna pay Joe Schobert top tier middle linebacker money?  Joe is a smart player, but he is far from Luke Kuechly.. Glad your not running the team. You can go hang out with the choir boys at church on Sundays instead of watching the Browns if you want. 

Jesus, Ray Lewis was with a group of guys that murdered somebody and he's in the Hall of Fame, James Harrison made his career spearing guys in the side of the helmet year after year and the Steelers fans ate it up with a spoon, the Bengals used Burfict year after year.... The rest of the AFC North really has nothing to say.

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

An open hand shot to the helmet is not the same and you know it. Hell, if I dug hard enough I bet you could find that happening 2-3 in this game alone. Freddie said after the game Garrett told what Mason said and that it wasn't able to be repeated.

You don't do what Garrett did unprovoked. Rudolph was a known douche at OK State. I'm not going to say he said or didn't say anything, I don't know. But given how that shit went down, I'm not going to be surprised at all if it turns out he dropped a slur.

Oh that pretty much a get out of jail free card these days 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Vagitron said:

James Harrison never did anything close, ever and the steelers weren't "trying to score" as  they ran one damn play. They weren't burning timeouts. Garrett didn't need to take Rudolph to the ground and what Garrett did is the dirtiest thing I've seen in professional sports. Period.

Oh fucking please. Harrison took out Josh Cribbs and Colt McCoy helmet-to-helmet in the same game  and Steeler fans cheered long and loud. I was driving home from Erie on I-79 when Antonio kicked our punter in the face and Stan and the rest of the boys were yukking it up in the DVE booth. "Boy, he wasn't expecting THAT, was he?" Spare me the outrage.

If the Steelers didn't want Mason to get touched with 8 seconds left in the game, then they should have simply taken a knee. Don't send your receivers down the field and then complain because someone hit your quarterback.

Garrett completely lost it on the field and he most definitely should be punished. But give the self-righteous indignation a rest.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

yea not quite sure that's accurate.

Unless he can really change. But then again, how long will the leash be the nfl gives him? He’s gonna have fingers pointed at him his whole career. I mean, even Harrison called him dirty. Between the fines, penalty’s and unwanted attention, what’s he done for us?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, hx214 said:

 

Jesus, Ray Lewis was with a group of guys that murdered somebody and he's in the Hall of Fame, James Harrison made his career spearing guys in the side of the helmet year after year and the Steelers fans ate it up with a spoon, the Bengals used Burfict year after year.... The rest of the AFC North really has nothing to say.

Preach on, my brother

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, flyingfooldoug said:

 I mean, even Harrison called him dirty.

And he said it without a trace of irony.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Dste Ace said:

Oh fucking please. Harrison took out Josh Cribbs and Colt McCoy helmet-to-helmet in the same game  and Steeler fans cheered long and loud. I was driving home from Erie on I-79 when Antonio kicked our punter in the face and Stan and the rest of the boys were yukking it up in the DVE booth. "Boy, he wasn't expecting THAT, was he?" Spare me the outrage.

If the Steelers didn't want Mason to get touched with 8 seconds left in the game, then they should have simply taken a knee. Don't send your receivers down the field and then complain because someone hit your quarterback.

Garrett completely lost it on the field and he most definitely should be punished. But give the self-righteous indignation a rest.

Gtfo. Helmet to helmet hits are one thing, dragging a qb by his head a few feet and then clubbing him with his own helmet is on another level you deluded **MASK**.

and brown was just trying to make a play, it wasn’t like “oh I’m going to karate kid this dude in the face” 

They aren’t close to the same and you have to be a serious dumb ass to think different. You should just be glad Ben is sidelined for the year or you would have gotten throttled on the scoreboard too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I don't think Rudolph would cross the racial line or something like that. He's not known to be a douche, but who really knows. I will say that it appeared that Rudolph tried to rip off Myles' helmet but couldn't, and Myles returned the favor in spades. Once Myles ripped off the helmet, he should have dropped it. He does that, and maybe everything is fine. Let's not forget Myles had two men literally coming after him. 

Alas, he didn't drop the helmet. He swung it like a war club and actually hit Rudolph in the effing head. He could have seriously injured him...or worse. Garrett is gone, and it breaks my heart because he's my favorite. Well, at least he was. 

He's definitely known to be a douche from his days at OK state. So much so it was part of his "draft profile" as a con. I mean seriously, look at the dude. You don't present yourself that way if you don't want to be known that way.

I have no clue if what I'm saying is right. I absolutely agree even if it proves to be 100% true something like that was said, Garrett deserves everything coming to him. I'm just trying to wrap my head around what made him snap this badly, right or wrong.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

 You should just be glad Ben is sidelined for the year or you would have gotten throttled on the scoreboard too.

And if a frog's ass wasn't watertight he'd drown.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What has garret done for us? Game changing plays? Turnovers? D scores? Yes he’s been disruptive but that gets balanced by penaltys.  I haven’t seen his value yet. Coach don’t help any either. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

And if a frog's ass wasn't watertight he'd drown.

I agree, the product on the field is the product on the field. However two concussions for helmet to helmet hits on two of our starting receivers and then the Garrett bs. All I'm saying is people should probably not be walking around puffing the chest out. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Not particularly trying to justify this, that really can't be done, but didn't somebody attempt to yank off Myles helmet and he foolishly retaliated in fury?

That's what we thought as we were watching it and that's what are the some of the comments seem to indicate. I hope that influences the decision on the suspension.

WSS

 

See my analysis on the other thread on how this would be argued...and perhaps decided in a court setting. 

The issues of  provocation....and victim impact (or lack thereoff)   should be in play.....like they would in a court situation, and like they would be in an appeal to any "harsh" sentence handed down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

And your comments and input are welcome.   :)

......4. oh and that is gone for 2019, sorry about the typo.  No I'm not the current village idiot. :lol:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

I agree, the product in the field is the product on the field. However two concussions for helmet to helmet hits on two of our starting receivers and then the Garrett bs. All I'm saying is people should probably not be walking around puffing the chest out. Lol

Uh, your team employs and celebrates a serial rapist who actually hurt people - you know, the people he raped - and you're out here on your high horse.

If Watt did this to Baker after Baker had a tantrum you'd love it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Gtfo. Helmet to helmet hits are one thing, dragging a qb by his head a few feet and then clubbing him with his own helmet is on another level you deluded **MASK**.

and brown was just trying to make a play, it wasn’t like “oh I’m going to karate kid this dude in the face” 

They aren’t close to the same and you have to be a serious dumb ass to think different. You should just be glad Ben is sidelined for the year or you would have gotten throttled on the scoreboard too.

Will you, at the very minimum, acknowledge that after he tore Rudolph's helmet off, Garrett was backing up, with two Steeler lineman between him and Rudolph while Rudolph charged at him? Jesus, you Steeler fans act like Garrett waited until the play was over and then just started beating Rudolph with his own helmet. There is plenty of blame to go around in this incident.

Garrett fucked up and deserves to be suspended. As does Pouncey. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gut feeling is they'll go 6 and will get reduced to four.

Can't we just be like OSU when a star DE goes out we just replace them with a 5 star recruit? 😃

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I thought Baker Mayfield showed a lot of maturity,  wisdom and leadership in his interview directly after the game with his comments about what Garrett did being inexcusable and hurting the team. We just had a big win over the Steelers coming after a big win over the Bills. We should be celebrating now and moving forward but all anyone is going to talk about is what Garrett did with 8 seconds left in a game we had already won. Now more than ever the team is going to need leadership. Mayfield has taken the first step with his comments and Garrett himself has taken responsibility for his actions and apologized for them. What Garrett did is in the rear view mirror now and today is the first day  of the rest of the season for the Browns. Next up the Dolphins. The Browns can overcome this and move forward but it is going to take leadership. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Gut feeling is they'll go 6 and will get reduced to four.

Can't we just be like OSU when a star DE goes out we just replace them with a 5 star recruit? 😃

Yeah if only......like you have extra #1 DE draft picks just sitting on the bench.

......yeah and the BUCKEYES D is loaded. They opened as a 50' favorite and now are a 53 point favorite after losing their star player.

Oh I just checked the BROWNS opened a 9 point favorite at home vs the Doll-fins and are now a 9.5 point favorite.  Sound about right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

every place is talking about this.  even local news in Cali.  NFL is going to come down hard on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

every place is talking about this.  even local news in Cali.  NFL is going to come down hard on this.

Nice when you graduate from the village idiot to national and late night punch lines.....thanks Myles!  We really appreciate it.  <_<

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rudolph and the steelers linemen in the scrum should get the exact same suspensions as Garret.  Piling on and kicking and punching Garret while he was held down?  When the two linemen had Garret, Rudolph could have walked away and didn't.   

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing that I was thinking about all morning, was Garrett headed to an all pro season?  Maybe even first team?

What a freakin waste.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It is actually in the rule book: 

Swinging of helmet: 15 yard penalty and automatic ejection. 
Max Kellerman is acknowledging Mason Rudolph should be suspended for his role. 
He is acknowledging that the Garrett was being restrained while Rudolph was attacking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hx214 said:

What the hell are you talking about?

You want to cut Garrett who absolutely destroyed the Steelers but made a bone head decision in a fight that another guy started AND you wanna pay Joe Schobert top tier middle linebacker money?  Joe is a smart player, but he is far from Luke Kuechly.. Glad your not running the team. You can go hang out with the choir boys at church on Sundays instead of watching the Browns if you want. 

Jesus, Ray Lewis was with a group of guys that murdered somebody and he's in the Hall of Fame, James Harrison made his career spearing guys in the side of the helmet year after year and the Steelers fans ate it up with a spoon, the Bengals used Burfict year after year.... The rest of the AFC North really has nothing to 

Fined 52k for helmet to helmet hits...how many roughing penalties...the guy is a menace.  He is just starting his career.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh...do a head count on that scrum...28 steelers on the field to 12 browns...whose coaching discipline now?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Vagitron said:

Watch the play again. Rudolph's glove is stuck in some part of Garrett's helmet. I'm sure he was pissed to be taken down but he was also trying to get his hand unstuck. Emotions run high for all of us so it looks malicious but there are Browns fans on my board saying the same thing. Rudolph had his hand stuck. Garrett is going to get more than 6 dude unless they take the "rest of the season" approach as enough. It was assault.

 

Assault. Fuck mason Rudolph and the Steelers and the horse they rode in on. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

James Harrison never did anything close, ever and the steelers weren't "trying to score" as  they ran one damn play. They weren't burning timeouts. Garrett didn't need to take Rudolph to the ground and what Garrett did is the dirtiest thing I've seen in professional sports. Period.

you're wrong on every statement in this post. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Well, that isn't any worse than tomlin calling the play he did. What was the point? eight freaking seconds?

I suspect they called that play because they wanted to start a big fight and get Garrett, the Browns' start DE left on the line, suspended.

Remember, Tomlin is the toad that tried to trip a player running down the sideline.  They play the refs. Like their TE shoulder bumping the Browns db, and turning left but the pass was behind him, incomplete. Of course, the refs called pi on the db.

that is just so bogus...

When PoG upvotes your post, you know you have got to really rethink your position on the matter...........

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×