Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Orion

Myles

Recommended Posts

it was bad.  really bad is there were only a few seconds left and kinda out of character.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nero said:

Indeed, it's inexcusable. 6 games sounds about right for me because the Siemian one looked like an accident to me and I don't remember the Walker one. Myles is not known as a "dirty-cheap shot" player like Burfict so it would be his first long suspension. If they suspend him more games I'll be OK, it was risky as hell what he did. 

Anyway, what do you think about Rudolph? He's getting some heat for acting like a victim when he also started the brawl. He got the worst part? Yes. But he is not innocent. 

Watch the play again. Rudolph's glove is stuck in some part of Garrett's helmet. I'm sure he was pissed to be taken down but he was also trying to get his hand unstuck. Emotions run high for all of us so it looks malicious but there are Browns fans on my board saying the same thing. Rudolph had his hand stuck. Garrett is going to get more than 6 dude unless they take the "rest of the season" approach as enough. It was assault.

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Nero said:

Indeed, it's inexcusable. 6 games sounds about right for me because the Siemian one looked like an accident to me and I don't remember the Walker one. Myles is not known as a "dirty-cheap shot" player like Burfict so it would be his first long suspension. If they suspend him more games I'll be OK, it was risky as hell what he did. 

Anyway, what do you think about Rudolph? He's getting some heat for acting like a victim when he also started the brawl. He got the worst part? Yes. But he is not innocent. 

And Garrett punched delanie walker in the tenn game. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bring on the lawyers.. :(

Assault charges will be filed.. Hockey has already set the precedent :(

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm so upset with some of these responses, man.

Let's put this in a different, but similar context. Bar fight breaks out and a dude shoves you. In response, you take a knife out and stab the guy. Do you really think in that situation both dudes are equally at fault, or deserve the same punishment? Of course not.

Not a soul out there is saying Garrett should of done nothing and just said "gee willickers mister, maybe next time!". Shit like that scuffle happens 5+ times a game. You grab his shit back, talk some mad shit, and maybe even shove the man a little. You don't take his helmet and swing at his head. That's reckless, stupid, and damaging to the team. Baker is going to have a target on his back in two weeks in Pittsburgh. We lost our best defensive player for the year all but likely. This shit is inexcusable and what I teach as a "non-negoitable" mistake. He'll get a chance to play again, but it can't happen and it can't be condoned by fans or teams alike.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Vagitron said:

Watch the play again. Rudolph's glove is stuck in some part of Garrett's helmet. I'm sure he was pissed to be taken down but he was also trying to get his hand unstuck. Emotions run high for all of us so it looks malicious but there are Browns fans on my board saying the same thing. Rudolph had his hand stuck. Garrett is going to get more than 6 dude unless they take the "rest of the season" approach as enough. It was assault.

Watched it for the 10th time just for you. Agreed, probably it's stuck. But he tries to rip his helmet off. That's undeniable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Either way...get rid of him.  He is another Suh or Burfect.  File charges...and move on.  Dont let him become the face of the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pump the money you would have paid garrett and give schobert a nice contract!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not condoning what he did. But I blame Freddie Kitchens. what the hell was our best defensive player doing in a 2 score game with 15 sec to play?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 game suspension,

Myles will appeal it down to 7

Nfl sends a message with suspension rest of this season and opener next season....and a hefty fine

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Nero said:

Watched it for the 10th time just for you. Agreed, probably it's stuck. But he tries to rip his helmet off. That's undeniable. 

He's leveraging his free hand to pull his other hand out. As I said emotions are running high for everyone including us. I don't think he's really trying to rip his helmet off.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, cdl15 said:

Not condoning what he did. But I blame Freddie Kitchens. what the hell was our best defensive player doing in a 2 score game with 15 sec to play?

Chasing sacks, hence taking Rudolph to the ground with 8 seconds left.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Watch the play again. Rudolph's glove is stuck in some part of Garrett's helmet. I'm sure he was pissed to be taken down but he was also trying to get his hand unstuck. Emotions run high for all of us so it looks malicious but there are Browns fans on my board saying the same thing. Rudolph had his hand stuck. Garrett is going to get more than 6 dude unless they take the "rest of the season" approach as enough. It was assault.

It’s not assault that’s dumb and even if it’s was Ohio has stand your ground laws and mason re-engaged him 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Babernakle said:

It’s not assault that’s dumb and even if it’s was Ohio has stand your ground laws and mason re-engaged him 

It's assault. If it weren't on the football field what is it? I don't believe it will play out as assault but it 100% could. He is lucky Rudolph didn't get seriously hurt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, flyingfooldoug said:

Oh well, another first round pick went bust. Like we’re not used to it yet. Thanks again Sashi

Dude is a beast and emotions run high. He's going to get a lengthy suspension and a huge fine. He tainted his legacy 100% but you can't say "thanks sashi" lol. He's unreal good.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He's leveraging his free hand to pull his other hand out. As I said emotions are running high for everyone including us. I don't think he's really trying to rip his helmet off.

I mean there's no reason a player would think he's not doing that intentionally, and homie did kick him the groin. He's not a choir boy here. Honestly, Mason looks, acts, and talks like a frat bro who would say "you can fight me but my dad's a lawyer". Just being real here, I wouldn't be surprised if he (rudolph) said something racial or otherwise crossed the line. It just doesn't make sense to me why Myles would go from pissed to berserker mode. Not in his bag of tricks.

As I said though, he deserves whatever is coming to him.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Babernakle said:

It’s not assault that’s dumb and even if it’s was Ohio has stand your ground laws and mason re-engaged him 

Ohio does not have that kind of stand your ground law. It's restricted to when you are in your vehicle I believe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean there's no reason a player would think he's not doing that intentionally, and homie did kick him the groin. He's not a choir boy here. Honestly, Mason looks, acts, and talks like a frat bro who would say "you can fight me but my dad's a lawyer". Just being real here, I wouldn't be surprised if he (rudolph) said something racial or otherwise crossed the line. It just doesn't make sense to me why Myles would go from pissed to berserker mode. Not in his bag of tricks.

As I said though, he deserves whatever is coming to him.

He punched delanie walker already this year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Oh well, another first round pick went bust. Like we’re not used to it yet. Thanks again Sashi

yea not quite sure that's accurate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, LBC mike said:

it was bad.  really bad is there were only a few seconds left and kinda out of character.   

What character....he has been cheap shotting all season??!??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He punched delanie walker already this year. 

An open hand shot to the helmet is not the same and you know it. Hell, if I dug hard enough I bet you could find that happening 2-3 in this game alone. Freddie said after the game Garrett told what Mason said and that it wasn't able to be repeated.

You don't do what Garrett did unprovoked. Rudolph was a known douche at OK State. I'm not going to say he said or didn't say anything, I don't know. But given how that shit went down, I'm not going to be surprised at all if it turns out he dropped a slur.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

they all cheap shot.  but going crazy actions is not his style.   it's not like he v has a reputation across the league like burfect did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody here makes some good points. I won't lie, I almost had tears in my eyes last night. Call me a sissy or whatever, but I went having so much fun chatting with everyone and celebrating a LONG overdue victory over the Steelers, to seeing my favorite player rip off a helmet and nail Rudolph on top of his head. I was stunned, disgusted, and deeply saddened for our team and our fans. 

Instead of talking about some of the many GOOD things our team accomplished, all ANYONE is going to mention will be the final 8 seconds. Hey, let's look at our QB today. 3 total TDs, ZERO turnovers against a defense that's been terrorizing people for weeks. Our RB getting 1000 yards. Baker and OBJ connecting on a deep ball. How about finishing in the red zone? Much better! How about our defense forcing a zillion turnovers? 

No, none of that is what anyone is talking about and it's a shame. We dug in and played pretty damn well and it doesn't feel like it matters. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jrb12711 said:

An open hand shot to the helmet is not the same and you know it. Freddie said after the game Garrett told what Mason said and that it wasn't able to be repeated.

You don't do what Garrett did unprovoked. Rudolph was a known douche at OK State. I'm not going to say he said or didn't say anything, I don't know. But given how that shit went down, I'm not going to be surprised at all if it turns out he dropped a slur.

You are a professional athlete. You don't do what Garrett did, especially as a former number one overall draft pick and a face of a franchise. I think Rudolph is a Trump guy so if he said something I won't be shocked nor will I condone it. However it's convenient to say this now especially when it can't be proven one way or another. The league only sees what is on the tape. It will judged based on that and that alone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

Everybody here makes some good points. I won't lie, I almost had tears in my eyes last night. Call me a sissy or whatever, but I went having so much fun chatting with everyone and celebrating a LONG overdue victory over the Steelers, to seeing my favorite player rip off a helmet and nail Rudolph on top of his head. I was stunned, disgusted, and deeply saddened for our team and our fans. 

Instead of talking about some of the many GOOD things our team accomplished, all ANYONE is going to mention will be the final 8 seconds. Hey, let's look at our QB today. 3 total TDs, ZERO turnovers against a defense that's been terrorizing people for weeks. Our RB getting 1000 yards. Baker and OBJ connecting on a deep ball. How about finishing in the red zone? Much better! How about our defense forcing a zillion turnovers? 

No, none of that is what anyone is talking about and it's a shame. We dug in and played pretty damn well and it doesn't feel like it matters. 

Rudolph ain't exactly setting the world on fire. I'd temper the flying high a little bit as far as the turnovers are concerned. They were all really terrible throws.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He's leveraging his free hand to pull his other hand out. As I said emotions are running high for everyone including us. I don't think he's really trying to rip his helmet off.

Except for the part where Garrett's helmet is twisted to the point that he's looking out the ear hole.

"Chasing sacks, hence taking Rudolph to the ground with 8 seconds left."  So, with 8 seconds left in a two score game, the Steelers are still trying to score but Garrett is at fault because he didn't take a knee? Right.

Look, I get it: Garrett deserves a suspension. But can we please stop acting like Rudolph was serving Thanksgiving dinner to the homeless when Garrett suddenly for no reason decided to start whaling on him with his own helmet? After Garrett tore his helmet off he is clearly backing away with Pouncey and another Steeler lineman between him and Rudolph. Rudolph chooses to be the aggressor and charges at him when Myles loses it. Again, Myles deserves a suspension. But comparing him to Burfect is asinine.

P.S. James Harrison says hello.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

He's leveraging his free hand to pull his other hand out. As I said emotions are running high for everyone including us. I don't think he's really trying to rip his helmet off.

And Garrett was just trying to put his helmet back on for him, but Rudolph was hysterical so he missed. 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

You are a professional athlete. You don't do what Garrett did, especially as a former number one overall draft pick and a face of a franchise. I think Rudolph is a Trump guy so if he said something I won't be shocked nor will I condone it. However it's convenient to say this now especially when it can't be proven one way or another. The league only sees what is on the tape. It will judged based on that and that alone.

Trust me, I agree and that's what I noted in my original comment in the thread. We'll see how it shakes out, but it just doesn't make logical sense to me how the man went insane like that not strongly provoked, at least moreso than any other typical scrum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×