THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

Do you mean fake indignity?   Indigence is about a person being poor.     But, maybe you were applying an oxymoron.....as in the Steelers, the bully who gets punched in the face, cry  "poor poor pitiful me".

Which makes them you know what?  They and Rudolph are The Scut Farkas of the NFL. 

oops. I meant "Indignant" as in, "indignance" but the latter wouldn't accept it as spelled correctly so...

crap.

Ogunjobi will miss Miami game. Ogun's Appeal was upheld, but fine dropped  https://brownszone.com/2019/11/20/dt-larry-ogunjobi-still-suspended-for-1-game-following-appeal/   

the Antonio Smith/Incognito set precedent video is this, from link above ^^^ in 2013, Smith was suspended 2 PS games & 1 opening game..

sorry for the blur..but only close-up i can find at this time, with best close up angles

On 11/19/2019 at 5:43 PM, Orion said:

The game was over.   But no, he was pissed off because he, again, didn't get any sacks.  He is apparently quite concerned with his personal sack count.  He wants to lead the league.  -  It certainly wasn't frustration that his team was losing another game.

True.... the frustration was all Rudolph's... although having just completed a pass to one of his players for a change, one has to wonder if removing MG's helmet was part of a planned celebration.

But can we please put the "game was over... pad sack total" bullshit to rest.

The Steelers ran a play.

Both teams played.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

The Steelers ran a play.

Both teams played.

Not only did they run a play....they ran a pass play.  What do defensive linemen try to do on pass plays?  Nobody hits your QB if he hands it off.

What a funky season we're having.  For most of the season we've been without both our starting corners.  This week we'll be without both our starting DE's.  Our #3 & 4 WR's were supposed to have good years because of Landry & OBJ taking up the coverage....but one of 'em has been injured and in the dog house and the other is kicked off the team.  Njoku was supposed to have a big year because of Landy & ObJ....but he's been on IR.  Throw in Austin Corbette turning out to be a bum and the HC looking like rookie HC, and playing very tough defenses ....yet in spite of all that, the Browns have been IN games, battling, with chances to salvage wins.  Our depth is better than years past.  Our skilled players are better than years past.

A funky season.  Our best WR kicked off the field when we reach the goal line because a ref didn't like his visor.  Chubb fumbles twice in one game.  Once because our best OLineman gets blown up and knocks the ball out with his foot.  We turned the ball over on 3 successive plays from scrimmage.  A player wears an expensive watch onto the field.   He then wears his uniform pants rolled up too high above his knee (the ladies liked it but the refs didn't).  And, of course, currently we're at Helmet Gate.  And we STILL have more than a third of the season to play.

I'm gonna go ahead and do it.  I'm going to ask, What Will Happen Next?  What Gut-Punch do the football Gods have in store for us Browns fans?  Because, for some reason, we deserve all of the shit that happens to us.  Red Right 88, The Drive, The Fumble, The Team Moving, Bottle Gate, Text Gate, Manziel, Gordon, 0-16, 1-31.........we deserve all of that, for some reason.

• Like 2

The helmet-swinging incident occurred in the preseason between Houston Texans defensive end Antonio Smith and Miami Dolphins offensive lineman Richie Incognito. Smith appeared to rip the helmet off of Incognito and swing it toward his head.

Smith received a three-game suspension, which included two preseason games and one regular-season game over the incident.

4 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

True.... the frustration was all Rudolph's... although having just completed a pass to one of his players for a change, one has to wonder if removing MG's helmet was part of a planned celebration.

well, it's surely has to be a fact, that the steelers didn't want to face Garrett a second time.....so....

On 11/19/2019 at 1:55 PM, Tour2ma said:

While your depiction of this incident is accurate, reason is no longer a factor.

It still is... in fact it's very funny. Some nights more than others and some skits more than others, but the past couple seasons stand with the best of the "golden era" of SNL.

Try taking in an entire show someday.

I've tried. But it's just not funny, even the studio audience doesn't laugh most of the time. 

So Myles used the NFL Player Agreement and the 2013 Smith Incognito suspension as his rule & precedent in the appeal. If Thrash is fair the suspension will be reduced, require meeting with the commish to determine any requirements from him and the indefinite lifted.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

So Myles used the NFL Player Agreement and the 2013 Smith Incognito suspension as his rule & precedent in the appeal. If Thrash is fair the suspension will be reduced, require meeting with the commish to determine any requirements from him and the indefinite lifted.

You got yourself a big IF there.    As noted many times....the optics are bad, and the publicity over it is bad....but the impact was basically non-existent. And the provocation issue...should, to some extent, be a mitigating factor...given the lack of harm.

That does not constitute exoneration,  but it would, normally, count for mitigation.   Their concern over image may outweigh the desire to be "fair".

13 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

... although having just completed a pass to one of his players for a change, one has to wonder if removing MG's helmet was part of a planned celebration.

For the record I was joking and not signing onto Kal's latest(?) Konspiracy theory...

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I  hope he brought  along  a few pictures, especially the ones showing  Rudolph trying to  rip his helmet off  and the groin  kick. That should be  taken  into account  as mitigating circumstances. 

58 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

For the record I was joking and not signing onto Kal's latest(?) Konspiracy theory...

lol.

sure. and I didn't invent it. Just thought it was....interesting. Just doesn't fit - they kept passing the ball...with only about 15 seconds left because......

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You got yourself a big IF there.    As noted many times....the optics are bad, and the publicity over it is bad....but the impact was basically non-existent. And the provocation issue...should, to some extent, be a mitigating factor...given the lack of harm.

That does not constitute exoneration,  but it would, normally, count for mitigation.   Their concern over image may outweigh the desire to be "fair".

However I did a little research on James Thrash. He's heavily into Christianity and gives frequent talks at churches. Don't underestimate Myles' ability to convey his true personality, his abhorrence of drugs/alcohol and his devotion to his off field relationship with Waterboys who will retain him as a Captain even in light of last Thursday night. And also his support for Multiple Sclerosis through "My Cause, My Cleats".

https://sports.yahoo.com/myles-garrett-wont-be-dropped-from-philanthropic-nfl-player-organization-despite-mason-rudolph-incident-161801416.html

• Zombo locked this topic