THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

23 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Smith stopped from hitting him with it. He sure as shit didn't hit him in the head.

So are we punishing based on outcome or based on the act? If we are punishing based on outcome, Rudolph is fine, didn't even need to go into concussion protocol, so his suspension should be similar. If we are doing it based on the act, then again same act got 1 regular season game.

17 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

So are we punishing based on outcome or based on the act? If we are punishing based on outcome, Rudolph is fine, didn't even need to go into concussion protocol, so his suspension should be similar. If we are doing it based on the act, then again same act got 1 regular season game.

How dumb do you have to be to try and defend Garrett and his actions? I mean really. Watch the video. Watch it 20 more times. 

Garrett with 8 seconds left takes Rudolph to the ground. The ball is gone, Garrett at that point has to know it's gone based on how he has Rudolph wrapped up. He spins and takes him down. Rudolph wasn't about it and rightfully so. 

You can see that some part of his hand or glove is actually stuck to Garrett's helmet and I'm sure Rudolph was pushing or pulling on his helmet. Garrett then proceeds to drag Rudolph several feet by his face ask before pulling his helmet off. Now and I've said the s a million times unless you are a God damn beta male you are going to go after the guy that just dragged you across the field. It just so happens steelers lineman were already there but if they weren't I expect Rudolph to react the same way. Every qb in the God damn league would have and to say different makes you a pussy. Are you a pussy? 

Garrett then overhead slams Rudolph in the head with his helmet. Pat McAfee even talked about this before he suspensions were handed down. You can see Smith stop himself and go oh shit I can't hit him with this helmet. Garrett didn't do that and it's a massive difference. I'm sorry you are a dipshit moron. Garrett is going to get more than 6 games. Police were IN the locker room. If Rudolph wanted to he could file assault charges. Yes really. The lot of you defending garrett are fucking cave men. Period.

Just now, Vagitron said:

How dumb do you have to be to try and defend Garrett and his actions? I mean really. Watch the video. Watch it 20 more times. 

glove stuck, you're an ass. https://www.coshoctontribune.com/story/sports/nfl/columnist/bell/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-deserved-suspension-nfl-should-also-discipline-mason-rudolph/4205825002/

16 minutes ago, runyon27 said:

I guess he learned that crap from JuJu

juju-smith-schuster.jpg

This was after a block and it was taunting. He got flagged. The end. Mack posted what he posted AFTER Garrett had bashed Rudolph in the head. It shows a lack of maturity. 

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

THANK YOU!

We all heard Rudolph call Garrett's actions "cowardly" & bush league", yet he in NO way acknowledged his own wrong doing in this & he WAS wrong in his actions & his efforts in trying to remove Garrett's helmet alone were very clear & could easily have caused injury.

Garrett's penalty (IMHO) is justified, but (also IMHO) Rudolph NOT getting suspended for a game or 2 is a TRAVESTY.

KUDOs to David DeCastro for his attempts to restrain Garrett. He did NOT kick or punch, but was totally professional in his attempts to end the situation. Yes, I AM a true Browns' Fan, but DeCastro's efforts are to be applauded.

Mike

This is TRUE. DeCastro did a fine thing trying to stop Garrett. I wish he could have taken the helmet from him at the time...

not one dirty scum squealer tried to stop sissy mason.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

It's not a matter of opinion idiot. His glove is stuck to his helmet and yes I'm sure Rudolph was going for extra. It doesn't warrant being dragged across the field and then hit with your own helmet. I'd love to see the situation reversed. You all would be outside burning shit. Fucking sub human morons.

Just now, Vagitron said:

It's not a matter of opinion idiot. His glove is stuck to his helmet and yes I'm sure Rudolph was going for extra. It doesn't warrant being dragged across the field and then hit with your own helmet. I'd love to see the situation reversed. You all would be outside burning shit. Fucking sub human morons.

well, vagiass, how the hell did he get his glove stuck in his facemask? you are a moron. Rudolph tried to rip his helmet off because of his glove?

Nobody is buying the garbage you want to sell. It stinks and so do your posts. I suppose your sissy mason charged Garrett a second time "because his glove was stuck...."

you are way too much a craphead to screw around on our board.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

But it's cool cal, you are STILL a Trump supporter and to be that just means you are a enormous piece of shit anyway. 

You aren't cool, stick it in your ear. Don't try to drag politics into it to save yourself from looking like a sh**head troll.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

You aren't cool, stick it in your ear. Don't try to drag politics into it to save yourself from looking like a sh**head troll.

awesome post cal keep the other bullshit where it belongs and ya it doe's make vag look like a complete shit oh and btw trump sucks :)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

Garrett with 8 seconds left takes Rudolph to the ground. The ball is gone, Garrett at that point has to know it's gone based on how he has Rudolph wrapped up. He spins and takes him down. Rudolph wasn't about it and rightfully so. 

You can see that some part of his hand or glove is actually stuck to Garrett's helmet and I'm sure Rudolph was pushing or pulling on his helmet. Garrett then proceeds to drag Rudolph several feet by his face ask before pulling his helmet off. Now and I've said the s a million times unless you are a God damn beta male you are going to go after the guy that just dragged you across the field. It just so happens steelers lineman were already there but if they weren't I expect Rudolph to react the same way. Every qb in the God damn league would have and to say different makes you a pussy. Are you a pussy? 

Garrett then overhead slams Rudolph in the head with his helmet. Pat McAfee even talked about this before he suspensions were handed down. You can see Smith stop himself and go oh shit I can't hit him with this helmet. Garrett didn't do that and it's a massive difference. I'm sorry you are a dipshit moron. Garrett is going to get more than 6 games. Police were IN the locker room. If Rudolph wanted to he could file assault charges. Yes really. The lot of you defending garrett are fucking cave men. Period.

I have never defended Garretts actions, ever. There is no place for that in football. What I am doing is pointing out the mass hysteria and inconsistencies. You leave Rudolph blameless, anyone with two eyes can see this is not the case. This doesn't mean he deserved to get hit in the head but it doesn't make him without fault as he sparked this. With regards to the tackle, Garrett actually twisted his body so Rudolph landed on top of him instead of him driving Rudolph into the ground. Again, watching the clip this is abundantly clear. And if you are a QB or not your value to your team far exceeds all other positions you don't reengage in a fight ever. It doesn't make you pussy if you don't, it makes you smart.

The purpose of showing the clip from a few years ago was two fold. First, it was to show this has happened before as everyone seemed to say its never happened before. Second, its to show that the punishment received in that incident pales in consideration to what Myles got. There needs to be consistency for the same act. The act is the same, using a helmet as a weapon. Finally, and most importantly, you act like you and the Steelers are holier than thou when for decades the Steelers have engaged in thuggish/criminal hits on the field and praised themselves for it. Celebrated over their victims and whined when they got fined about it. Then want to lecture folks about an egregious play, its rich, hypocritical and you will find no sympathy from me on that front. I am glad Rudolph is not hurt, I don't won't to see anyone hurt, I can't say that about Steelers players or fans I have witnessed over the years.

• Thanks 2

On 11/15/2019 at 7:48 AM, Vagitron said:

The league only sees what is on the tape. It will judged based on that and that alone.

Sure... except for the extensive interviews of the Officiating Crew.

Keep trying...

Myles Garrett is a beast. He is one hell of a pass rusher. He's the consummate pro and as such he's respected across the league. Everybody knows that what happened is out of character for Myles. Everybody knows Myles showing Mason the correct way to take off somebody's helmet should have been the end of it. But the sore loser mentality of Pittsburgh shown out in all it's true color when Mason could take the L and rushed back at Garrett to pick on his "bone", to lose yet another battle in an already lost war.

What happened is a result of Pittsburgh being a sore loser. Pittsburgh needed to beat the Browns and they were humiliated in front of everyone on the National Stage. I'm sure they ALL had Cleveland marked as a W on their schedules but Cleveland took their sissy towels and erased them from being relevant. 

What Myles did was from a moment of weakness, in the heat of passion. I understand why he did it.

For an instant pretend that Rudolph the snot nosed quarterback acted like a man and not a little punk on a Jerry Springer show. Myles would be holding the QB's helmet, standing in the endzone after a HUGE win that symbolized the turning of the tides. The moment Cleveland finally dethroned the big bully on the block.

We all wish that Myles would have just chucked his helmet in the endzone and used his fists on Rudolph's brown nose instead. It was an accident. He REACTED when Mason came running back at him the same way anyone would have... and it worked, all of a sudden Mason stops his attack on Garrett by throwing his hands up in the air.

And finally- There was no protecting your QB as Pouncy tries to say- What Pouncy did, well that's your thug, that's your dirty hit, punching and kicking a man on the ground... He should receive the rest of the season suspended as well at a minimum, he's the one that started throwing punches in a situation that was over, he escalated it even further... That was deliberate and uncalled for. I understand Garrett using whatever was in his hand to defend himself, I can't defend Pouncy.

I still say, the possibility that they called a pass play on that last play...they did it for that reason.

To let Garrett sack him, only this time, sissy mason pretends to go psycho and attack Garrett,

an emotional player, rip off his helmet/kick him in the groin twice, and attack him again while Garrett was restrained.

and get Garrett suspended so the squealers have a chance of winning in the next game.

A lot like the common idea of getting the other teams NBA star player to foul out of a game.

When sissy mason went after Garrett the last time, ...that was when he earned a suspension.

The NFL needs to look into it. That's just me - I read Sherlock Holmes books in the third grade.... lol

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I still say, the possibility that they called a pass play on that last play...they did it for that reason.

To let Garrett sack him, only this time, sissy mason pretends to go psycho and attack Garrett,

an emotional player, rip off his helmet/kick him in the groin twice, and attack him again while Garrett was restrained.

and get Garrett suspended so the squealers have a chance of winning in the next game.

A lot like the common idea of getting the other teams NBA star player to foul out of a game.

When sissy mason went after Garrett the last time, ...that was when he earned a suspension.

The NFL needs to look into it. That's just me - I read Sherlock Holmes books in the third grade.... lol

We're going to beat them next time as well... And anybody else that gets in our way can get it too. Six more to go. 

Question. Is Myles Garrett going to get a Superbowl ring at the end of the season? Can they keep it from him because of the suspension?

On 11/15/2019 at 9:11 AM, Vagitron said:

Gtfo. Helmet to helmet hits are one thing, dragging a qb by his head a few feet and then clubbing him with his own helmet is on another level you deluded **MASK**.

and brown was just trying to make a play, it wasn’t like “oh I’m going to karate kid this dude in the face” 

They aren’t close to the same and you have to be a serious dumb ass to think different. You should just be glad Ben is sidelined for the year or you would have gotten throttled on the scoreboard too.

13 hours ago, hoorta said:

But Harrison can take two Browns out with helmet hits, and it's just fine. Or bust a Bengals jaw....  Or take out Palmer's knee. Cry me a river....  

EDIT: What  Vag is in denial  about  is the current  rules  about leading  with  your helmet  and no blind side blocks are directly related to crap pulled  by Harrison  and Ward respectively.  Now that it jogged  my feeble  memory,  I'm sure he's going to  claim  Antonio  Brown  kicking Spencer  Lanning in the face  on a return  was an "accident".

No worries, Hoorta. Vag already tried that shit in an earlier reply to me.

Garrett was a wrecking ball throughout Thursday’s game, drawing multiple holding calls and providing all sorts of pressure on Rudolph, who threw four interceptions. 

Add in myles garrett and dipshit Mack Wilson celebrating injuries and your win is more embarrassing than anything. 

Not embarassed at all about winning.  Not embarassed at all about kicking your asses all over the field. Why should we be?  

One play had optics that appeared embarassing...but which caused absolutely NO damage whatsoever.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Of course it IS a matter of opinion.  And it is an ignorant opinion to think that he "got his glove stuck".    He was trying to poke Garrett in the eyes.....that is what may in fact have infuriated Garrett so much. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Add in myles garrett and dipshit Mack Wilson celebrating injuries and your win is more embarrassing than anything. 

Not embarassed at all about winning.  Not embarassed at all about kicking your asses all over the field. Why should we be?  

One play had optics that appeared embarassing...but which caused absolutely NO damage whatsoever.  

I need to find the couple of plays just before "the tap" to see if I can find other telltale signs that they were up to something nefarious. 

The league only sees what is on the tape. It will judged based on that and that alone.

Excellent...then that would be good for the Browns as the tape shows:

A. That Maya was the one who provoked everything.

B. That  Garrett did an in appropriate thing by swinging that helmet,  however

C . That the helmet doink did no damage whatsoever to Maya....he got hit with foam padding,  and it was his pride more than anything that was hurt. 

Further, I have told you all, having heard assault cases over 30 years as a judicial officer,  the punishment should be proportionate  to the harm caused, not withstanding how egregious things may appear, it is the actual damage caused that  should be determinative.   And here, no damage was caused, whatsoever. 

But, of course, the NFL disciplinary system is not a true judicial proceeding.   As much as anything they seem to base their decisions on public relations and appearances rather than on actuality.

well, just seems that when mason got hit with the padding of the helmet... his first

natural reaction would have been to really charge Garret etc.

But no, he triumphantly ? turned to the ref like "SEE ? SEE WHAT I MADE HIM DO? HAHA!"

could just be me.... lol