THE BROWNS BOARD

Myles

Orion

10 hours ago, jcam222 said:

I believe they have already announced he will get a fine only

Then it's BS. EDIT: In light of Unsympathetic's post below let me clarify. Rudolph as a separate issue should have been suspended a certain number of game(s) just as the other two players were suspended for their own behavior, also separate issues from Garrett. Garrett on his own was given the appropriate indefinite suspension and will have to earn his way back through whatever requirements the NFL believes are necessary. End of story.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Vagitron said:

I couldn't care less about the "L"

We are on our backup qb, juju and johnson were concussed out of the game. We had two practice squad receivers and two practice squad running backs in the game. We were going to lose. Mason played terribly. You won a game you should have won with 4 ints and our offense dead. 

Add in myles garrett and dipshit Mack Wilson celebrating injuries and your win is more embarrassing than anything. Throw your parade and enjoy it while it lasts. Ben under center with this defense ain't gonna lose many games. 

You say you couldn’t care less... Yet you made a list of excuses.
Nobody is celebrating this win. (How we won)

I see why you’re throwing so much shade. You already gave up on this year after watching that QB performance. I understand your pain.

7 hours ago, Comeonman said:

Should Rudolph have attempted to rip Garrett’s helmet off? Or kick him in the balls? Or run after him after they were separated? 

Stop with the "what-about".  That nonsense may work over on the politics board - but not in the real world.  [And it's not a thing.  The topic is Myles Garrett. Focus.]

IT DOES NOT MATTER.  Doesn't matter if Rudolph insults his mom and his wife in the same sentence -- Garrett doesn't get to reply with more than words, period dot end of story.  Garrett is appropriately judged purely based on how he responded to those actions.. and he's an out-of-control rage monster.  

This isn't a message board egging on a bunch of gang members - this is a profession.  This profession has set the DEMAND that participants walk away from everything without responding with violence.

Think about how much differently this encounter would have been interpreted if after Rudolph yanked on Garrett's helmet, Garrett had simply laughed and walked away.  Garrett can't control other people -- he can only control himself.  Or at least he will have to learn how to control himself if he wants to play this sport for several more years.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• Upvote 1

C23F0B71-1F81-47B2-8C7D-93ED7BFBBEE1.png

But Harrison can take two Browns out with helmet hits, and it's just fine. Or bust a Bengals jaw....  Or take out Palmer's knee. Cry me a river....  

EDIT: What  Vag is in denial  about  is the current  rules  about leading  with  your helmet  and no blind side blocks are directly related to crap pulled  by Harrison  and Ward respectively.  Now that it jogged  my feeble  memory,  I'm sure he's going to  claim  Antonio  Brown  kicking Spencer  Lanning in the face  on a return  was an "accident".

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

No he won't. It's been said he will get the longest suspension ever handed down, that ain't 6 games. There are people speculating he will get another ten next season for a full 16 and it would be deserved. There are a bunch of you that look like total dirt bags, it's embarrassing.

Ok vag. Whatever you say. If they knew it was 16 games they would say 16 games. They are saying indefinite then in the offseason they'll have meetings with him and say he's very contrite and has taken steps to show he's trying to better himself from it blah blah blah. They just said indefinite to appease little bitches like you. What Haynesworth did was just as bad and he wasn't even provoked (he got 5 games). I'm the one that looks like a dirtbag? I haven't defended what Myles did one bit and agree with suspension. The guy that looks like a dirtbag is you.  Defending that lame ass excuse that mason Rudolph's glove was stuck inside Garrett's face mask.

9 hours ago, Vagitron said:

The contact before the helmet drag was incidental. People acting like Rudolph gave him the karate kid. His hand was also stuck to the under portion of Garrett's helmet. Myles than proceeded to drag him across the field. Anyone surprised that Rudolph would have more to say is either a beta male or never played competitive sports. Garrett hit him with the padded side of the helmet. If he had hit him with the harder portion it would have split his head. A helmet weighs 6 pounds a fucking brick weighs 5. Anyone defending garrett is a dip shit asshole. Period 

See you are the dirtbag. You have used his hand was stuck multiple times. First it was his glove was stuck in his facemask. Now that claim had been refuted you say its his other hand. His throwing hand that got stuck underneath Garrett's helmet.  Because his follow through just perfectly landed with his fingers underneath Garrett's helmet. You are the only one defending anyone's actions. 

Sicko's^^  If your here trying to defend MG's, over the top re-actions? get your dawgcheck, mental health check-up Today.. Un-defend-able :excl:

Heard on NFL radio yesterday, The NFLPA only appealed the suspension due to the wording of the players contract..

Suspended "Indefinite" is not a wording that can be used for a 'on the field' action suspension 

Amount of suspended 'Games' should be the wording used

former TB player Derrick Brooks should be hearing the appeal..

• Thanks 1

Think about how much differently this encounter would have been interpreted if Garret walked up to the Steelers huddle, ripped off Rudolph’s helmet without any provocation and hit him in the head with it. 

I understand Garrett can only control himself. I understand Garrett is going to face consequences. What I don’t understand is Rudolph not facing consequences. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Sicko's^^  If your here trying to defend MG's, over the top re-actions? get your dawgcheck, mental health check-up Today.. Un-defend-able :excl:

Heard on NFL radio yesterday, The NFLPA only appealed the suspension due to the wording of the players contract..

Suspended "Indefinite" is not a wording that can be used for a 'on the field' action suspension 

It's not about defending Garrett.  Many of us are simply pointing out that there were several events that unfolded throughout that play.  Garrett was in the wrong but so was Rudolph.  Garrett is being treated as if just decided out of the blue to tear Rudolph's helmet off and hit him with it.  I think the remainder of the season is reasonable and Garrett was wrong in his actions.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

It's not about defending Garrett.  Many of us are simply pointing out that there were several events that unfolded throughout that play.  Garrett was in the wrong but so was Rudolph.  Garrett is being treated as if just decided out of the blue to tear Rudolph's helmet off and hit him with it.  I think the remainder of the season is reasonable and Garrett was wrong in his actions.

That is my take on this too. You cannot defend what Garrett did even though he was provoked. I hope the suspension will not last any longer than this season. I would have liked to have seen Rudolph get a game suspension because he earned it. He started the whole incident  by trying to pull off the helmet of Garrett as well as kicking Myles in the groin.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Think about how much differently this encounter would have been interpreted if Garret walked up to the Steelers huddle, ripped off Rudolph’s helmet without any provocation and hit him in the head with it. 

I understand Garrett can only control himself. I understand Garrett is going to face consequences. What I don’t understand is Rudolph not facing consequences. 

After watching this thing over and over again it's so obvious that it's like the old time hockey "goonism" where one guy provokes the fight and the other guy (over)retaliates and gets thrown out.

Pittsburgh still has their starting quarterback and the BROWNS are missing an all pro DE for...... awhile.

You must have self control at all times, even if someone else is kicking you in the nuts,.........I guess.  <_<

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

After watching this thing over and over again it's so obvious that it's like the old time hockey "goonism" where one guy provokes the fight and the other guy (over)retaliates and gets thrown out.

Pittsburgh still has their starting quarterback and the BROWNS are missing an all pro DE for...... awhile.

You must have self control at all times, even if someone else is kicking you in the nuts,.........I guess.  <_<

That’s exactly how I see it. I only wish Garret had thrown the helmet in the stands and then punched Rudolph in the face after Rudolph charged him. I’m not sure how many of us here would not retaliate after having the same thing done to us by Rudolph. Does Garrett get less of a suspension if he punches Rudolph instead of hitting him with the helmet? 

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Saying rudolph should also get a suspension (a much shorter one) is not defending Myles. Why can't people understand that.  Most everyone agrees with what was given to Myles so no need to talk about it.  Pointing out what mason did so he should get a game or 2 suspension is not defending Garrett 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BaconHound said:

It's not about defending Garrett. 

56 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Saying rudolph should also get a suspension (a much shorter one) is not defending Myles. 

in my post, am simply pointing up to a post from One Post who was & still is, a Zona fan & does not post here..till now🤔..

Rudolph don't wear Brown or Orange so i really don't give 2 fu$k's..

To be honest, Conners started the face mask grabbing of S Richardson at 8:40 of the 1 quarter..built up all night

Am tired of the 2 face reporting since the event.. but have ya, Notice the up-tick of guest in attendance on this board.. Let's just keep it classy, true board members

We own 2 butt kicking's over the Ravens & Steelers 👍 2-0 in AFCN with a schedule to still make some playoff noise. Next Man Up!! & Go Browns!! 

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Saying rudolph should also get a suspension (a much shorter one) is not defending Myles. Why can't people understand that.  Most everyone agrees with what was given to Myles so no need to talk about it.  Pointing out what mason did so he should get a game or 2 suspension is not defending Garrett 

THANK YOU!

We all heard Rudolph call Garrett's actions "cowardly" & bush league", yet he in NO way acknowledged his own wrong doing in this & he WAS wrong in his actions & his efforts in trying to remove Garrett's helmet alone were very clear & could easily have caused injury.

Garrett's penalty (IMHO) is justified, but (also IMHO) Rudolph NOT getting suspended for a game or 2 is a TRAVESTY.

KUDOs to David DeCastro for his attempts to restrain Garrett. He did NOT kick or punch, but was totally professional in his attempts to end the situation. Yes, I AM a true Browns' Fan, but DeCastro's efforts are to be applauded.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

32 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

THANK YOU!

We all heard Rudolph call Garrett's actions "cowardly" & bush league", yet he in NO way acknowledged his own wrong doing in this & he WAS wrong in his actions & his efforts in trying to remove Garrett's helmet alone were very clear & could easily have caused injury.

Garrett's penalty (IMHO) is justified, but (also IMHO) Rudolph NOT getting suspended for a game or 2 is a TRAVESTY.

KUDOs to David DeCastro for his attempts to restrain Garrett. He did NOT kick or punch, but was totally professional in his attempts to end the situation. Yes, I AM a true Browns' Fan, but DeCastro's efforts are to be applauded.

Mike

Great point Mike. I would also say the same about David DeCastro acting like a professional athlete on the field  in how he handled the situation.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, runyon27 said:

In case anyone hasn't seen this. This has actually happened before 6 years. Antonio Smith got a 3 game suspension which was 2 preseason games and one regular season game. A far cry from what Myles got.

Smith stopped from hitting him with it. He sure as shit didn't hit him in the head.

• Confused 1

Add in myles garrett and dipshit Mack Wilson celebrating injuries and your win is more embarrassing than anything. 

Not sure what your seeing nor saying here..Your cockeyed back-up QB lead JuJu into a 3 ring sandwich collision that Mack Wilson never touched JuJu in. that photo was taken with Mack Wilson simply clearing the area after the play..