THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie actually did a decent job

crunchy

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I still can’t help but dream about the possibilities with all 3 of those guys in the backfield in one of those inverted wishbone formations that were so fun last year. Oh well...

Oh I think you're going to see it. Might not be a LOT, but I definitely think you'll see the Wishbone, and you're probably going to see it next week. Why? We've got a little extra time to prepare for the Fins. They're basically the worst defense against the run in the league, and it would not surprise me in the least to see us formulate a game plan based on stuffing it down their throat. Against the top defenses we've been playing, it's pretty obvious that we've been playing somewhat careful and rightfully so. Credit should go to the coaches, even if they (and the offense) blew the Broncos game (ughhhhhhh). 

We run the ball, we like short passes, and we take calculated deep shots. One of my favorite passes last game was that deep seam pass to Jarvis early on. That's been missing and it was great to see it come back. 

Anyway, I hope I'm right about the Wishbone. We've got the personnel to run it, and it won't be easy to prepare for...even if it's just for a few plays. After the ugliness of the last game, it's very important for us to figure out what kind of team we're going to be. 

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, MDDawg said:

Freddie's best coached game but the lack of discipline among the players just bleeds through. The Steelers' sole touchdown was essentially a gift of penalties from the Brown's defense. Randall's hit that led to his ejection was completely unnecessary. If he can coach his way out of Myle's suspension, then he deserves to keep his job.

The hands to the face on Ogunjobi and the illegal contact on Burris (definitely this one) were not good calls. Randall's hit wasn't some egregious dirty hit.  Was it a penalty absolutely.  Diontae lunged forward and dipped his head to catch the ball right as randall was midstep and he had already set his target point. If Johnson's head doesn't dip randall hits him in the shoulder. if he is standing straight up Randall's shoulder hits Johnson in the ribs and his helmet is in the front of Johsnon's body (perfect form tackle).

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Freddie actually did a decent job[quote/]

....but admit it....you were shaking in your boots, that they were actually going to go for it on 4th down, late in the game, when Freddie sent the offense out onto the field on 4th and 4ish....with a 14 point lead.....right....Admit it....you were as afraid as me that Freddie was about to blow the game right then and there....

I'm not the biggest Freddie fan, but I don't accept any notion that he had any responsibility for what Myles did. That's just crazy talk. 

We're now going to see what Freddie is made of. Not only did he lose his best and most impacting player (other than the qb), but he's now going to need to figure out how to get his team back on track and moving forward together. We play the Dolphins next, and although this team is rather lowly, they're still more than capable of beating us. 

Let's see how we respond. We're going to know in about the first 20 minutes of the next game. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm not the biggest Freddie fan, but I don't accept any notion that he had any responsibility for what Myles did. That's just crazy talk. 

We're now going to see what Freddie is made of. Not only did he lose his best and most impacting player (other than the qb), but he's now going to need to figure out how to get his team back on track and moving forward together. We play the Dolphins next, and although this team is rather lowly, they're still more than capable of beating us. 

Let's see how we respond. We're going to know in about the first 20 minutes of the next game. 

BTW, Wilks is going to have to  figure out  what he's going to do  at safety. Besides  not having Garrett. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

BTW, Wilks is going to have to  figure out  what he's going to do  at safety. Besides  not having Garrett. 

I have a bad feeling about the defense for the stretch run... This is going to be a thin DLine with very green safety in Redwine in the backend. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I know, I literally don't have a clue what we're going to do. If the answer has anything to do with Redwine, we're in deep kemche. 

I feel terrible for our safety who tore his Achilles. He had such a great game and that injury is pretty much the worst thing to rehab and overcome. I just hate it. It's especially difficult for us because we prefer the 3 safety look, AND we don't really have the linebackers to play the other way.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is very inconsistent, but make no mistake, he CAN beat you, and when he's on, he beats you deep. This is why I think our offense is going to have to win our next game. Greedy hasn't been playing all that great against the deep pass, and while he hasn't necessarily given up the long play, it's been rather close. Add in the fact that we're without our stud pass rusher, AND we're not sure Vernon is back, this has the potential to be a game with points scored. 

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

I know, I literally don't have a clue what we're going to do. If the answer has anything to do with Redwine, we're in deep kemche. 

I feel terrible for our safety who tore his Achilles. He had such a great game and that injury is pretty much the worst thing to rehab and overcome. I just hate it. It's especially difficult for us because we prefer the 3 safety look, AND we don't really have the linebackers to play the other way.

Ryan Fitzpatrick is very inconsistent, but make no mistake, he CAN beat you, and when he's on, he beats you deep. This is why I think our offense is going to have to win our next game. Greedy hasn't been playing all that great against the deep pass, and while he hasn't necessarily given up the long play, it's been rather close. Add in the fact that we're without our stud pass rusher, AND we're not sure Vernon is back, this has the potential to be a game with points scored. 

This will be a really good overbet in IMO. Both sides will score plenty.