THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns release Antonio Callaway

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

UF?  Florida?   Are you lumping him in with like Aaron Hernandez?

No, he didn't murder anyone as far as I know, but there have been a plethora of UF players who had talent but were just too thugish to succeed. 

https://www.nytimes.com/2013/07/07/sports/ncaafootball/hernandez-among-many-arrested-at-florida-in-the-meyer-years.html

13 hours ago, Icecube said:

Callaway is another UF piece of trash. He will be in jail or on the streets in no time. 

Maybe it’s just me, but calling someone trash is reserved for the true dregs of society. Like the Harvey Weinsteins of the world. 

Callaway’s just a guy who is very far from having his shit together. Like he’s still trying to locate his shit so that he can reverse Jenga his life. 

That doesn’t make him evil though, just a dumbass and a bad investment.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Maybe it’s just me, but calling someone trash is reserved for the true dregs of society. Like the Harvey Weinsteins of the world. 

Callaway’s just a guy who is very far from having his shit together. Like he’s still trying to locate his shit so that he can reverse Jenga his life. 

Well....again,  if it is just that he tested for dope....that will not be an issue at all in a couple of years because they won't even be testing for that anymore.

5 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

If it was just weed, I'd agree with you. But he was involved in some credit card scam, where he was stealing from people. Then add in all the other stuff. Dorsey just loves signing bad character guys. 

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

If it was just weed, I'd agree with you. But he was involved in some credit card scam, where he was stealing from people. Then add in all the other stuff. Dorsey just loves signing bad character guys. 

I knew about the credit card fraud. I dunno. I guess it’s just a word that l see as uglier than his acts warrant to this point. That old saying, “one man’s trash is another man’s dumbass.”

3 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I knew about the credit card fraud. I dunno. I guess it’s just a word that l see as uglier than his acts warrant to this point. That old saying, “one man’s trash is another man’s dumbass.”

I honestly don't care very much, whether we deem him trash or an immature dummy. Plus, he was late for a game recently. Real genius there. He "overslept." This is "professional" sports, if you don't act like a professional, then be gone. At some point, how a person acts trumps his talent level.  

20 hours ago, Icecube said:

We've  known  from the  get-go Dorsey  is willing to take  chances  on guys  with  character  issues.  Callaway was a 4th round pick.  At least  this time we weren't willing to  give the guy a  couple  dozen  chances like  we did with  Gordon.

Fly right  or you're going to  fly right  out of here. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

On 11/18/2019 at 12:11 PM, The Gipper said:

Are we still talking about this?  

Let's move on: 

How  about  Ratley, Taylor and Hodge?  What do they bring to the table?  As good as Cab gave us? Hodge had like a 41 yard grab....that we thought might have been even longer.  It was the biggest catch of the game.   

Hodge has completely surprised me!  He also looks pretty decent at blocking and he would've likely had a TD last game but Haden did his patented "grab and twist" and we got the ball at the 1.  

On 11/18/2019 at 11:00 AM, hoorta said:

We've  known  from the  get-go Dorsey  is willing to take  chances  on guys  with  character  issues.  Callaway was a 4th round pick.  At least  this time we weren't willing to  give the guy a  couple  dozen  chances like  we did with  Gordon.

Fly right  or you're going to  fly right  out of here. 

Good point H, Gordon got in on a 2nd draft..Maybe Dorsey gave Callaway till strike 3, cause he traded up 9 slots with Patriots? Dorsey gave up a 4th & 6th to Bill to move up 9 picks..Bill ended up trading the 4th to Lions..Da'Shawn Hand a backup DE to Lions.(think we might need a back-up DE?).Bill took ILB Christian Sam with the 6th..Sam is now playing on another teams PS.. 

Edit---Yes Gip, now that, That is off my chest, am moving on ;)... 🚀 Good Luck in XFL/CFL Cab! 🚖