THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns release Antonio Callaway

According to Ian Rapoport, National Insider for NFL Network, Callaway is also appealing a 10-game suspension for violating the NFL's substance abuse policy. He reportedly had a hearing regarding the issue last week.  Raporport says this is not the only reason the team waived Callaway, but definitely was an important factor.

ESPN Insider Jeremy Fowler also says a source told him that Callaway was late to practices and team events again this week. This happened just days after he showed up past the scheduled time for Cleveland's game against Buffalo. Fowler says the team is "fed up."

https://fox8.com/2019/11/14/cleveland-browns-waive-wr-antonio-callaway-active-rookie-ol-drew-forbes/

8 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

well, if you ignore character, all too often it bites you in the backside.

Win some, lose some. Too bad for the Browns.

Is anyone else starting to think Dorsey doesn't consider enough about character when drafting/signing players? Don't you think too many bad character types ruin the team? What is the total # of current and cut players who has done drugs or beat women? 

15 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

damn, no good!

guess we're back to higgins

Higgins was and still is the better option by leaps and bounds. 

You win some, you lose some with dudes like this.  1st round talent completely wasted. I'm just glad we're not playing the Gordon game with him, don't let the door hit you.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

you know.. if I were the browns.. I would get everyone in the organization on the team in the same room.. And give them all an opportunity to stay.. or go.. And I mean everybody!

I’ve always heard first round talent.

whats the standard?

the guy has always run poor routes.  He has suspect hands.  I can’t think of any tough catches in traffic that WRs make.  Good speed though and tracked deep passes decently (Saints game).  He was probably drafted talent wise where he should have been 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

Is anyone else starting to think Dorsey doesn't consider enough about character when drafting/signing players? Don't you think too many bad character types ruin the team? What is the total # of current and cut players who has done drugs or beat women? 

Not really. Calloway was low risk high reward. 

He was looking really good last year... 

As long as you don’t waste a ton of money or high draft capital, keep throwing darts at question marks

22 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

I’ve always heard first round talent.

whats the standard?

the guy has always run poor routes.  He has suspect hands.  I can’t think of any tough catches in traffic that WRs make.  Good speed though and tracked deep passes decently (Saints game).  He was probably drafted talent wise where he should have been 

His "talent" from a pure physical standpoint was good, but he's so immature and thoughtless that it doesn't matter how fast he is. He was also in a credit card scam at UF. So, his flaws were not just weed, he was also a thief and he showed up late last game, didn't arrive until after noon I believe. Trash. Dorsey loves dudes with issues. 

1 minute ago, hx214 said:

Not really. Calloway was low risk high reward. 

He was looking really good last year... 

As long as you don’t waste a ton of money or high draft capital, keep throwing darts and question marks

I don't agree. Thugs hurt the heart of a team. You need high character players, to some degree. A bad apple will ruin the bunch. You can get away with 1 or 2 bad character guys if you have legit leaders to keep them in line, but if you don't have the legit leaders, it's a recipe for disaster. This team loses games due from lack of accountability, focus and the like. Good teams don't have those problem. Do you think Marty Schottenheimer would allow these things?

What an idiot! Fuck he got a free pass by getting pulled over by the racist Strongsville Police and the NFL didn't do jack. Then the 4 games suspension followed by absolute shit play on the field that directly costed us a game. Now he gets popped for 10 games for the same shit and is late several times on top of that.  You would have thought after seeing how quickly Corey Colemen was out of the league after getting released he  would've learned something. He'll even his rapist mentor AB who is extremely talented but is fucken crazy is gone. Look I have no problems with smoking weed. Hell I had to smoked a bowls several weeks ago after getting 3 wisdom teeth. My dumb-ass dentist must think everyone is some meth head from Akron because he under prescribed me Norco so I self medicated, but I'm also not getting millions of dollars to play a damn game

1 hour ago, Icecube said:

I don't agree. Thugs hurt the heart of a team. You need high character players, to some degree. A bad apple will ruin the bunch. You can get away with 1 or 2 bad character guys if you have legit leaders to keep them in line, but if you don't have the legit leaders, it's a recipe for disaster. This team loses games due from lack of accountability, focus and the like. Good teams don't have those problem. Do you think Marty Schottenheimer would allow these things?

Meh. I remember the Browns with teams full of no talent choir boys that couldn’t beat a D3 college team. 

Billy B brings in thugs all the time and gets them to play.  Just have to have a short leash. The Browns couldn’t have a short leash before, But they actually have talent at most positions now, so cutting a talented dumbass like Josh Gordon doesn’t destroy your offense or defensive. 

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

John Dorsey is well known for drafting players with character issues going back to Kansas City. This isn't a new development. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

John Dorsey is well known for drafting players with character issues going back to Kansas City. This isn't a new development. 

and every GM in the league make mistakes in the draft 

so i am like oh well fuck him I like Higgins better

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, ATOM said:

and every GM in the league make mistakes in the draft 

so i am like oh well fuck him I like Higgins better

This one isn’t much of mistake, as it’s only a 4th rounder. The 2nd rounder on Corbett turned into a 5th rounder is more of a mistake. But like you say it happens.

Dorsey is scoring big on other picks like Mack Wilson. Hopefully Chad Thomas and Redwine don’t end up being busts..both Miami guys too.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, WarriorsRpussies said:

dentist must think everyone is some meth head from Akron because he under prescribed me Norco

Side note.. FYI.. 

Likely not the dentist's fault.. Penalty for overprescribing a controlled substance is more than the labor cost/hassle of having you come back and get a second short prescription..