THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs.Steelers Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

6 minutes ago, Buzzsaw619 said:

I believe this was worse than the  Haynesworth incident.  I’ll be surprised if Garrett isn’t done for the year. 

6 games is the rest of the year...

Also I don't know that it is any worse than haynesworth. Garrett was at least provoked (not excusing)  Haynesworth just did it because he got blocked and they gave up a td. Drew blood guy needed 30 stitches.  This can't be worse than that. 

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I believe he'll get 5 or 6. Think albert Haynesworth stomping andre gurode helmetless head. 

I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll be suspended indefinitely and be subject to psychological assessment before he is allowed near anything bearing the NFL crest, if at all. Someone in this topic commented that he "almost" committed a felony. There is no "almost".

Myles Garrett in a twisted sense, was acting in self defense. 
The play was over..mad QB who just threw 4 INTs tries to rip Garrett’s helmet off, proceeds to kick him in the nuts. 
Garrett finds a weapon for safety, crazed QB proceeds to attack Myles, so Myles acts in self defense with a tap to the head.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, hish747 said:

I hope I'm wrong but I think he'll be suspended indefinitely and be subject to psychological assessment before he is allowed near anything bearing the NFL crest, if at all. Someone in this topic commented that he "almost" committed a felony. There is no "almost".

Do you remember albert Haynesworth incident.  He stomped on a dude's unprotected head with his cleat while the guy was laying on the ground.  To the point where he drew blood. The guy needed 30 stitches.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

So let me follow....because I think the Stools might retaliate I'm a fan of theirs?  Sure.

and we wont ? sure ya Miles went to far and was wrong but rudolph  was trying to rip his helmet off and pouncy kicked him in the head 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Also I don't know that it is any worse than haynesworth. Garrett was at least provoked (not excusing)  Haynesworth just did it because he got blocked and they gave up a td.

I’d say the difference is he ripped the dudes helmet off (his only protection against what was about to come), then used that very item (now a lethal weapon) and clocked him over the head.  I’ve been watching football for 45 years and I’ve never seen that before.   

Just now, Buzzsaw619 said:

I’d say the difference is he ripped the dudes helmet off (his only protection against what was about to come), then used that very item (now a lethal weapon) and clocked him over the head.  I’ve been watching football for 45 years and I’ve never seen that before.   

Stomping on a dude's head who is laying on the ground (no helmet because Haynesworth knocked it off) with cleats to the point he needs 30 stitches. The difference is Garrett was provoked and was still being aggressively approached while Haynesworth just stomped on a guy who wasn't doing anything but laying on the ground. Both used weapons (cleat and helmet)  to hit someone in the head.  One sent a guy to the hospital one the guy played the next snap.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just turned the channel (LA Fox TV) and the consensus of Vince Ferragamo, Jackie Slater and Shawne Merriman is that Myles will be suspended the rest of the year at a minimum, and indefinitely at a maximum. All 3 ex players were extremely harsh and talked about how long it's going to take Myles to change the perception of himself that he himself created in 8 seconds. 

We'll all know pretty quick as the NFL will act swiftly on this.................... on a brighter note, we beat the fuckin' Stoolers.  

5 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Also I don't know that it is any worse than haynesworth. Garrett was at least provoked (not excusing)  Haynesworth just did it because he got blocked and they gave up a td. Drew blood guy needed 30 stitches.  This can't be worse than that. 

But as the commentators are saying, it could have paralysed him. Better, worse? That's like asking which is worse? Eating a turd or a live spider. And Garrett semi started it from throwing him down and laying on him when he didn't need to. Then Rudolph reacted. 

1 minute ago, D Bone said:

Just turned the channel and the consensus of Vince Ferragamo, Jackie Slater and Shawne Merriman is that Myles will be suspended the rest of the year at a minimum, and indefinitely at a maximum. All 3 ex players were extremely harsh and talked about how long it's going to take Myles to change the perception of himself that he himself created in 8 seconds. 

We'll all know pretty quick as the NFL will act swiftly on this.................... on a brighter note, we beat the fuckin' Stoolers.  

Both literally and literally...

21 minutes ago, crunchy said:

You can say 'what if' all day long, bottom line is Rudolph's fine, Garrett will be suspended, hopefully for just 2 or 3 games, and we whupped them up and down the field

you would think that dumb ass rudolph once his helmet came off would not have stuck around 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Icecube said:

But as the commentators are saying, it could have paralysed him. Better, worse? That's like asking which is worse? Eating a turd or a live spider. And Garrett semi started it from throwing him down and laying on him when he didn't need to. Then Rudolph reacted. 

I didn't say it was better or worse. I said they were very similar so I expect a suspension of 5-6 games.  Someone else said Garrett's was worse so I was just stating why I don't think Garrett's was worse. I was trying to show him Haynesworth was just as bad.

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

The illegal contact on Burris on third down was not a legitimate call woody.  The rest were. But that was not and it was a huge one because it extended the drive 

woody doesn't get much of anything. I thought the refs did a pretty good job with just a few weird calls. Like their te? shoulder bumped the defender to get away from him, turns left, and the pass is thrown behind him incomplete pass near the end zone. OH WAIT - phantom pi on the Browns.

looking right at it - that is bs.

Oh, and the Browns punt. Browns special teamer is there to try to have a chance to down it ...but the squealer player shoves him in the back, right in front of the referee. Takes the Browns defender away from wherever the punt landed... NO CALL.

But in the second half, I guess the NFL head dope called and told them to help the squealers a bit. They quit calling the squealers for offensive holding. But they call Ogunjobi for hands to the face, when his hand is clearly on his upper chest near his neck.... and the squealer offensive lineman is pulling Ogunjobi's jersey a full 4 inches away from his pads. No call on the offensive lineman.

Strange how that happens. And, of course, the usual squealer critical play - throw way downfield, and the wr, even though the ball is over his head and he won't get to it, plants his foot and has the defender bump him. The refs call that every time.

Altough, to be fair - a Browns defender lined up well offsides - no call. So there is that - but that was very early in the game.

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Stomping on a dude's head who is laying on the ground (no helmet because Haynesworth knocked it off) with cleats to the point he needs 30 stitches. The difference is Garrett was provoked and was still being aggressively approached while Haynesworth just stomped on a guy who wasn't doing anything but laying on the ground. Both used weapons (cleat and helmet)  to hit someone in the head.  One sent a guy to the hospital one the guy played the next snap.

Are you actually comparing a rubber cleat to a helmet??   Doesn’t matter what the injuries were.  It’s felony assault.  There’s a reason it’s getting the attention it is right now.   It was shocking and inexcusable like Baker said. 

3 minutes ago, Icecube said:

And Harrison could have paralyzed Massaquoi, Cribbs, and McCoy with cheap shots to the head. Shazier pretty much DID get paralyzed with a headshot. Helmet to helmet hits are way more deadly, lot more force than just a bonk on the head with a lineman in between

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Well, luckily Rudolph didn't end up in the hospital, but he could have. There is no excusing that. 

4 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I didn't say it was better or worse. I said they were very similar so I expect a suspension of 5-6 games.  Someone else said Garrett's was worse so I was just stating why I don't think Garrett's was worse. I was trying to show him Haynesworth was just as bad.

Understood. 

Just now, Buzzsaw619 said:

Are you actually comparing a rubber cleat to a helmet??   Doesn’t matter what the injuries were.  It’s felony assault.  There’s a reason it’s getting the attention it is right now.   It was shocking and inexcusable like Baker said. 

Do you not remember that the Haynesworth incident got this same exact fucking attention? Yeah giving someone cuts to the point they would need 30 stitches with a weapon (cleat) couldn't have felonious assault could it? Jesus man get off board. You are literally here to start stuff.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Or as I said Mike Tomlin started it by calling a play like that with eight seconds left instead of taking a fucking knee when the game was lost. He deserves Criticism for that

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

Do you not remember that the Haynesworth incident got this same exact fucking attention? Yeah giving someone cuts to the point they would need 30 stitches with a weapon (cleat) couldn't have felonious assault could it? Jesus man get off board. You are literally here to start stuff.

No I’m really not.  I was just giving my unbiased opinion.  And yes I do remember that and you’re right, it did get tons of attention.  As will this.   But the injuries don’t really matter.  He clobbered a QB with his own helmet after the play was over.  To me that’s about as bad as it gets. 

1 minute ago, Buzzsaw619 said:

bs. It is not felony assault. It is self-defense. Sissy pouty mason dumbledolph was mad at being sacked again. Miles tried desperately to sack him easily. then sissy mason tried to rip Miles' helmet off, nearly did, that had to hurt, then mason went to kick Miles in the groin like a punk, and then squealers went after Garrett, and sissy mason goes to try to punch him while Miles is being attacked by the squealer player(s), had mason's helmet, and while being attacked by the squealers, he did swing the helmet at mason to stop him from punching him in the face while being attacked by a squealer. Miles goes down, and Pouncy comes up and stops and punches Miles in the head.

Mason doesn't get ejected? wtf?

And I honestly don't know if they are rubber cleats - I suppose so, but it has a 330 weight behind it with FORCE. The helmet had nearly nothing on it.

Mason even turned to the ref and acted like he didn't do anything. We'll see if the NFL will be fair in dealing out suspensions, but I have my doubts.

the squealers have made the NFL too much money. I'll wait and see.

• Upvote 1