THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs.Steelers Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

2 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Only been in one "sports fight" myself - a slow pitch softball fight if you can believe that shit.   (competitive city champ league stuff - not a beer league).

Anyway, while it was not one of my proudest moments, I didn't grab an aluminum bat and swing it at someone under the guise that "it was a fight, and the other dude should've known better than to start it with me".  I knew what the line was, even in that out of control moment............. most do. 

This is now how Myles will be remembered...... too bad.  

He can bounce back from this, if he stops being dirty now. He's an amazing player, but you can't do anything like this ever again. 

56 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Or as I said Mike Tomlin started it by calling a play like that with eight seconds left instead of taking a fucking knee when the game was lost. He deserves Criticism for that

Mike Tomlin tried to trip Jacoby Jones on a kickoff during a game. I think he’s the last person that should talk about ethics or what’s right and wrong in the nfl. That being said, mason started the fight, set the trap, and Myles fell for it. Now mason can play the victim. Is what Garrett did completely horrible and uncalled for? Yes? Was a reaction like that what Rudolph wanted? Yes...... now he doesn’t have to play Myles and he’s the poor victim. 

11 minutes ago, Buzzsaw619 said:

My god man, what doctored video replay are you watching?!?

not doctored.

https://fox8.com/2019/11/15/myles-garrett-ejected-from-thursday-night-game-after-starting-brawl-with-steelers-qb/

Just now, calfoxwc said:

At no time is Rudolph trying to punch him. And his linemen are holding Garrett back from their QB and pushing him.  Of course Rudolph shouldn’t have chased after him, but then Garrett drives the helmet towards Rudolph’s head.   I’m pretty sure Garrett isn’t trembling in fear of any QB.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, stillmotion said:

Mike Tomlin tried to trip Jacoby Jones on a kickoff during a game. I think he’s the last person that should talk about ethics or what’s right and wrong in the nfl. That being said, mason started the fight, set the trap, and Myles fell for it. Now mason can play the victim. Is what Garrett did completely horrible and uncalled for? Yes? Was a reaction like that what Rudolph wanted? Yes...... now he doesn’t have to play Myles and he’s the poor victim. 

yep.

5 minutes ago, Buzzsaw619 said:

At no time is Rudolph trying to punch him. And his linemen are holding Garrett back from their QB and pushing him.  Of course Rudolph shouldn’t have chased after him, but then Garrett drives the helmet towards Rudolph’s head.   I’m pretty sure Garrett isn’t trembling in fear of any QB.  

after he charged Garrett, his left arm missed...because he got boinked by his own helmet.

After kicking Garrett in the nuts, after trying to rip Garrett's helmet off. He should be suspended, too.

Just now, calfoxwc said:

after he charged Garrett, his left arm missed...because he got boinked by his own helmet.

After kicking Garrett in the nuts, after trying to rip Garrett's helmet off. He should be suspended, too.

Oh, AFTER he got hit in the head with his helmet?   Of for shame on him for taking a swing.   Geez.  Do you hear yourself?

2 minutes ago, Buzzsaw619 said:

Your own quarterback said it against his own teammate...”It was INEXCUSABLE.”

Mayfield calling it like it is. I applaud him being a man. 

so what? It was inexcusable. So was slut mason kicking Garrett in the nuts and trying to rip off Garrett's helmet.

They both should have been ejected. Since when are you not allowed to get gently legally sacked on the last play of a game?

6 minutes ago, Buzzsaw619 said:

Oh, AFTER he got hit in the head with his helmet?   Of for shame on him for taking a swing.   Geez.  Do you hear yourself?

not after he got hit. go look at the video. you keep being wrong. His left arm is up, he missed I guess, because then he got boinked by his own helmet. Go watch the video.

After watch the replay. Anything more then 2 game suspension is to much. He asked for and he got it. 

There was no flag for late hit. Rudolph out of frustration tears Garrett's helmet off. Yes off, watched it in slow motion. Its comes all but clean off and snaps back on. You can see the side of his face with no helmet. 

Garrett was just doing exactly what was done to him. Its should of ended there but Rudolph acting as a violent aggressor (playing tough guy) wouldn't let it go.

Todays helmets are very light. Be lucky if it weighs much more then 4 pounds with most of the weight being the grill and padding. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a mark on him.

He took a direct hit to the top of the head and wasn't fazed in the slightest. He is lucky Garrett didn't hit him with his fist because he wouldn't of been standing.

This weapon talk is a over reaction. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, 30yearbrownsfan said:

After watch the replay. Anything more then 2 game suspension is to much. He asked for and he got it. 

There was no flag for late hit. Rudolph out of frustration tears Garrett's helmet off. Yes off, watched it in slow motion. Its comes all but clean off and snaps back on. You can see the side of his face with no helmet. 

Garrett was just doing exactly what was done to him. Its should of ended there but Rudolph acting as a violent aggressor (playing tough guy) wouldn't let it go.

Todays helmets are very light. Be lucky if it weighs much more then 4 pounds with most of the weight being the grill and padding. I wouldn't be surprised if there isn't a mark on him.

He took a direct hit to the top of the head and wasn't fazed in the slightest. He is lucky Garrett didn't hit him with his fist because he wouldn't of been standing.

This weapon talk is a over reaction. 

• Upvote 2

Just now, D Bone said:

I'm out of this thread...... defend your boy all you want.

He da man. 

How many times have some of us said he should be suspended over it, but mason also should?

and pouncey?

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

To think that Myles Garrett was just punched in the face by some random fan while he's sitting in his car but he goes after poor Rudolph out of the blue for no reason during a game... right.

• Upvote 2

Myles aside, my quick reaction.

- Pleased with the amount of man coverage and 5 man pressures Wilks threw at the young QB. With MG gone, we're going to need more of that to help keep the defense afloat.

- Baker played with solid efficiency.  Not spectacular but within what he is capable of.  

- Myles is to villanueva as Suggs was to Joe Thomas. Want to see how  @Tour2ma   feels about that association.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

bs. It is not felony assault. It is self-defense.

Not trying to be inflammatory, but you really have no idea what you're talking about. Swinging an object as hard as you can at someone's head which can lead to serious injury, paralysis or death i felony assault. Further he was yanking Rudolph's helmet so hard that he actually picket Rudolph up by the head. It looked like he was trying to break his neck. To me that was much worse than even hitting him with the helmet. Claiming self-defense is laughable.

• Upvote 3

Even when we win...we lose.

They should file charges...just like in hockey.

Get rid of him...he has played enough football and heard enough smack talk and comments regarding his mother nothing should set you off that bad.  He is officially unreliable as a player...dump him before he gets the becomes the face of the team like suh or burfect.  On a side note...if the nfl wants ratings and $$$ .they will have him back for the next game.in 2 weeks..

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

This.  First off the NFL is terrified of precedent so it will unlikely see a charge.  But there isn't a court in this country that wouldn't laugh at "self defense " 

So chasing after your attacker AND playing the victim would stand up in court?

That's some kind of pretzel logic.

2 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

So chasing after your attacker AND playing the victim would stand up in court?

That's some kind of pretzel logic.

This isn't a street fight, man. You're attempting apples to oranges.   This is closer to Holyfield having his ear bitten.  

Why speculate, as fate would have it I'm seeing a lawyer at 8:45 who just so happens to be a Browns fan.  I'll ask a pro his opinion.

39 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

This isn't a street fight, man. You're attempting apples to oranges.   This is closer to Holyfield having his ear bitten.  

Why speculate, as fate would have it I'm seeing a lawyer at 8:45 who just so happens to be a Browns fan.  I'll ask a pro his opinion.

While you're visiting the lawyer, ask him this. If someone breaks into your house wielding a knife, and you pull out a gun and shoot the burglar in the back as he's running for the door...can you claim self defense?

14 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

While you're visiting the lawyer, ask him this. If someone breaks into your house wielding a knife, and you pull out a gun and shoot the burglar in the back as he's running for the door...can you claim self defense?

I knew that something like this was coming, but that's an over the top comparison. It is closer to a thief with no weapons breaking into your house, and you once he has surrendered shot him in both legs with your shotgun. 

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

This.  First off the NFL is terrified of precedent so it will unlikely see a charge.  But there isn't a court in this country that wouldn't laugh at "self defense " 

Well, this is the way that I would argue it... so no, but take it from me....the one guy that IS a jurist.....a court of law  would not probably find a self defense argument meritorious...i.e. a complete exoneration....But they WOULD look at provocation..    Not as a complete defense....but as a mitigating factor.

And I think the NFL will look at that as well.  For, in essence, while the initial "sentence" is not done via  "court setting" terms, the appeal is.  And there is certain to be an appeal from whatever comes down....unless it is only a game or 2 suspension.  Which to my mind is what it should be.

Why?   Because,  also....while the optics are certainly horrible....the actual consequences were far from that, AND, in a court setting...the consequences, the damages to a 'victim" are absolutely a factor taken into consideration in any what we call a "victim impact" statement. 

The swing of the helmet did not, by any means, make full contact. It looked more like he was just basically plopping his helmet back on his head. It did no actual damage whatsoever to Rudolph.  He just kind of flinched.  Did he fall to the ground?  No,  he turned around, raised his hands in the air,  barking a complaint  to the officials.  Certainly not the actions of someone devastated by a blow to the head.   

The fact is, Rudolph probably suffered more  hurt/pain  from the push from behind that knocked him to the ground than from the helmet thing. 

So...there is you "courtroom" style argument for a diminishment of the punishment that may be due to Garrett.