THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Browns Vs.Steelers Thursday Night Football Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

Hi, Browns fans!    An important AFC North divisional battle tonight as the 5-4 Pittsburgh Steelers come to Northeast Ohio and next to the shores of Lake Erie, to play the 3-6 Cleveland Browns, as both teams lead off Week 11 of the 2019 NFL Regular Season. 

Both the Browns and Steelers adjusted and prepared from their short practice week, to play for both The  NFL Network and FOX Sports Network's Thursday Night Football coverage.

The Browns have  not defeated the Steelers during the regular season in more than five years. Their last win overall entering tonight, was their 31-10 played at FirstEnergy Stadium back October 12, 2014. Ben Tate scored two touchdown runs from 8 yards and 1 yard, Isaiah Crowell added the Browns scoring with his 5-yard TD run, Browns QB threw his 51-yard TD on a pass play to Jordan Cameron, and Billy Cundiff kicked his 40-yard FG, and his four PAT's to complete the Browns scoring.

Cleveland tries end their current seven game, and eight game current winless streaks over Pittsburgh tonight.  The Browns has only won f5 of 36 regular season games played over the Steelers since the start of the 2000 millenium, with their 23-20 home win over the Steelers at FirstEnergy Stadium back on September 17, 2000.

Last year, the Browns and Steelers tied for the first time in the series with an 21-21 tie in Cleveland  on the home opener back on September 9.  However, the Steelers later won  the rematch at Heinz Field in Pittsburgh by the score of 33-18 back on October 28, 2018.

Pittsburgh though leads the all-time series over Cleveland in tonight's 134th all-time meeting. Steelers are 75-58-1 overall over the browns, including  73-58-1 during the regular season, and 2-0 in postseason games.

Joe Buck and Troy Aikman are announcing the live TV game commentary,  along with sideline reporters and interviewers Erin Andrews and Kristina Pink, simulcast on national cable for the NFL Network,  and live  over-the-air The NFL On FOX, televised nationally, including WJW FOX Channel 8 in Cleveland, live on HD.

Mostly clear skies at 34 degrees, feels like 26 degrees, is the local gamecast  inside  FirstEnergy Stadium,  for the  8:20 PM Eastern Standard Time, kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 63% humidity, and southwest winds at 10 miles per hour.

Head Linesman Clete Blakeman leads his NFL Officiating Crew, to supervise the live field game action, between the Browns and Steelers.

NO injuries to the Browns and Steelers players, win your fourth game of the season for Cleveland, , and HERE WE GO,  BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO!  WOOF! WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!

2019 Browns @ Steelers Thursday Night Football Pregame Show, Team Injury Reports, Live NFL Game Center Browns Live Radio, And NFL''s Salute To Service Links:

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/cleveland-browns-vs-pittsburgh-steelers-how-to-watch-listen-stream-announcers-an

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/browns-announce-inactives-starting-lineup-changes-vs-steelers

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report

https://www.steelers.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019111400/2019/REG11/steelers@browns

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/media/radio

https://www.nfl.com/salute

https://www.fox8.com/2019/11/13/fox-sports-begins-setting-up-in-muni-lot-for-thursday-night-football/

htt

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

bot got it .

Loads of work, little sleep. I was awake at 12am ET but I was working on a delivery...

After the loss against the Patriots I lost faith in my powers and gave up.

But I don't give up on winning every division game this year, GO BROWNS!!!

PS: Probably missing most of the game. Gotta get some sleep. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

All I know is we better take care of the ball. It's got a strange habit of bouncing right to the damned Steelers for easy touchdowns lately. The Steelers are basically the opposite of us, but that doesn't mean we can't play out of our minds and kick their ass for once. 

I just noticed something that was borderline terrifying/nauseating. We've only scored more than 20 points in 3 of the 9 games. That's not a typo. That's 5 points a quarter for those not good at math. That's two TDs and two FG's...and we've done it 3 times. Yo. 

Steelers have eclipsed 20 points 7/9 games. With their backup QB. 

Stoolers living on the T/O ratio with thief opponents.... Browns have all of sudden — are not coughing it up

need to protect the ball and drive it down their throats with our new deadly duo 

were still way over due to blast these fools

Browns 28

squeelers 13

Go Browns!!!!

Bermeck (this is a Myles type of game)

• Upvote 1

Just now, bermeck08 said:

Stoolers living on the T/O ratio with thief opponents.... Browns have all of sudden — are not coughing it up

need to protect the ball and drive it down their throats with our new deadly duo 

were still way over due to blast these fools

Browns 28

squeelers 13

Go Browns!!!!

Bermeck (this is a Myles type of game)

This. ALL of this! And that's a great point about us reducing turnovers. 

Browns    Steelers
rushing    123.9    82.3
passing    224.6    205.6

run def      134.9    105.3
pass def    221.1    226.9 

The Steelers weak spot is their running game.....but since our weakness is run defense, and they get their RB back for the game tonight, I look for them to run the ball ok.

They also have a very formidable defensive front.  And three fifths of our OL sucks....so, that doesn't bode well.  (and Fitzpatrick is good in their defensive backfield)

I hope I'm wrong....but I think we're going to struggle tonight.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Orion said:

I hope I'm wrong....but I think we're going to struggle tonight 

I know, I know. I predicted us blowing them out because it was fun to think about, but honestly, I'm not sure how we're going to score points. When I looked back and saw that we've eclipsed 20 points only 3 times this year, I about vomited. 20 points in a football game is NOT that much, yet it's something we barely can manage. 

So, instead of being pessimistic and listing ALL the negative reasons we're going to shit the sheets, I'm going to give Orion and company some reasons for optimism! (obviously my specialty, duh). 

Number one...Kareem Hunt. He's going to catch, he's going to run, and he's going to get about 15 touches tonight. He was pretty close to busting one Sunday, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him get TWO touchdowns tonight. I'm serious. One in the red zone, and one semi long screen pass. 

Nick Chubb is number two. We saw the impact Hunt had in the blocking game, and there's a good chance Chubb breaks one tonight. They played off each other well in only the first game together. I expect more results tonight. 

No turnovers in two games, and 9 total penalties. This is a revelation for our team, and there's no reason we can't continue the trend. It's going to be cool and dry which makes for prime conditions to take care of the ball. 

Lastly, Myles Garrett. Myles terrorizes the Steelers LT, and he's put up some terrific numbers against the Steelers. Although he won't have any help from Chad "The Instant Bust" Thomas, Myles will still be able to make his presence felt. 

3 hours ago, Comeonman said:

They are all must win games from here on out, unfortunately 

For salvaging a winning record or a remote chance at a wild card spot in the playoffs?

Yes, of course.

Some things fundamentally wrong with the team this season. Lots of people here argue about the reasons for that, but if that doesn't change it won't just be another losing season extending the playoff drought to worry about. Those need to be addressed even the team doesn't break the 8 win mark.

21 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I'm not sure how we're going to score points. Number one...Kareem Hunt. Nick Chubb is number two.
 No turnovers in two games, and 9 total penalties. 

How about OBJ, Landry, or Higgins? Seals Jones and Harris active.. points will be scored. Baker trending in the right direction.

Also, what about a defensive TD? Greedy and Ward have both dropped some INTs already. Myles is due to create some havoc.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, ATOM said:

it's funny when ever The Browns play pit and bradshaw is on the pre game they always show Joe Turkey Jones body slamming him tonight bradshaw said he was paralized for 24 hours and it hurt

I imagine it did...it was an extremely dirty hit. 

6 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

How about OBJ, Landry, or Higgins? Seals Jones and Harris active.. points will be scored. Baker trending in the right direction.

Also, what about a defensive TD? Greedy and Ward have both dropped some INTs already. Myles is due to create some havoc.

Yep, yep. All good things. We made just enough plays last week, and Baker having a game-winning drive is no small feat. Now, to be fair, Baker got destroyed last time he played Pittsburgh, and I'm betting he didn't forget it. He's going to be pumped.