THE BROWNS BOARD

Bakes lectures fans

Icecube

Do you really think Browns' fans need told how to behave at a game? I do know some fans of less established teams don't get the "get loud when the opponent has the ball, get quiet when your team has the ball" thing, but Browns' fans don't know it? I find that hard to believe. It didn't quite feel right the way he said it. Maybe I'm missing something. 

you are missing something. The Bills had plenty of fans there. I was there. They got loud when the Browns offense was on the field.

Which, btw, the Bills' fans were some of the nicest fans you could have in your own home stadium.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

you are missing something. The Bills had plenty of fans there. I was there. They got loud when the Browns offense was on the field.

Which, btw, the Bills' fans were some of the nicest fans you could have in your own home stadium.

Yea, now that you mention that, you could tell there were a lot of Bills' fans making noise when watching it on TV, for sure. Did Bakes not realize that? 

11 minutes ago, Icecube said:

Yea, now that you mention that, you could tell there were a lot of Bills' fans making noise when watching it on TV, for sure. Did Bakes not realize that? 

probably not, maybe. Pukesburg and cincy are probably a given, but maybe not so much Buffalo.

42 minutes ago, Icecube said:

I don't know how much he was saying our fans need to be quiet. He said our stadium needs to be quiet when we have the ball and loud when on defense. If there is any lecture towards the fans from Baker I don't think its about game etiquette or knowing the game but more about not letting opposing fans get so many tickets. I would assume there were a bunch of bills fans because people sold their tickets off because of the Browns early struggles. If the Browns were the 6-3 team it wouldn't have been 65-35 split and been more around 90-10.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've been to the stadium several times during games and preseason. It is something that I've noticed every time I've been there. Browns fans are dumb. They constantly cheer when it's our ball on third down before the snap, makes zero sense. They are loud when the other team has the ball as well, don't get that confused but they just need to be more aware. Maybe they are just too drunk to know any better. But anyways, he's not lying- Browns Fans need to shut the fuck up when we are on offense. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Icecube said:

Apparently the guy who notices everything said or written about himself was totally oblivious to the abundance of the color "royal blue" at the Browns Stadium Sunday. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Icecube said:

yes i believe he did and thats what he was eluding to with out saying quit selling your tickets 

• Upvote 2

Again, Watch the whole Baker presser at 6:02 to avoid the Cowherd video takes without showing the actual Question...Of course, the drama queen Cabot ask the question...

"Did you mean that just the way that you said it?🤦‍♂️ OR Were you kinda Defending, so many Bills fans there? 

The above video was Bakers answer to Cabot's 6th hounding.. leaning more towards annoying questions in presser...  

Cabot, in her own mind, has the job of trying to out piss Grossi by inches or feet of distance in their media pissing contest 🤭

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Browns fans are dumb. They constantly cheer when it's our ball on third down before the snap, makes zero sense. They are loud when the other team has the ball as well

I was at the Chargers game last year and the young Browns fans behind me seemed rather intoxicated and were not the most up to up to speed with what was going on in the game.. hopefully some winning cures the noise issues 

8 hours ago, Icecube said:

Do you really think Browns' fans need told how to behave at a game? I do know some fans of less established teams don't get the "get loud when the opponent has the ball, get quiet when your team has the ball" thing, but Browns' fans don't know it? I find that hard to believe. It didn't quite feel right the way he said it. Maybe I'm missing something. 

You are missing something.  Nah- here's my pal's take on that situation. Us oldsters know the rules, but younger fans are generally clueless on when to cheer and when to shut up. Or when it's cool to stand, and when you should sit down to give the folks behind you a chance to see if they know it's not polite to stand 90% of the game. Too much losing has engendered that with kids using Dad's season tickets, and being more interested in posting selfies and playing on their cellphones checking how their Fantasy team is doing instead of paying attention as to what's going on in the game.

Need anymore proof than the obnoxious "IT'S THIRD DOWN!!!!!"  ? Yeah guy I know damn well what down it is- but I suppose you have to wake up the short attention spans in the stadium to maybe get off the phones for a second and pay attention.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

You are missing something.  Nah- here's my pal's take on that situation. Us oldsters know the rules, but younger fans are generally clueless on when to cheer and when to shut up. Or when it's cool to stand, and when you should sit down to give the folks behind you a chance to see if they know it's not polite to stand 90% of the game. Too much losing has engendered that with kids using Dad's season tickets, and being more interested in posting selfies and playing on their cellphones checking how their Fantasy team is doing instead of paying attention as to what's going on in the game.

Need anymore proof than the obnoxious "IT'S THIRD DOWN!!!!!"  ? Yeah guy I know damn well what down it is- but I suppose you have to wake up the short attention spans in the stadium to maybe get off the phones for a second and pay attention.

So we need to amend that to read, "You damn kids get off my lawn and stop yelling when we have the fucking ball!"👍😂

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, PoeticG said:

I've been to the stadium several times during games and preseason. It is something that I've noticed every time I've been there. Browns fans are dumb. They constantly cheer when it's our ball on third down before the snap, makes zero sense. They are loud when the other team has the ball as well, don't get that confused but they just need to be more aware. Maybe they are just too drunk to know any better. But anyways, he's not lying- Browns Fans need to shut the fuck up when we are on offense. 

After so many years attending the Factory of Sadness, I can't blame them for being drunk during the game. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

Exactly.....how is it Mayfield didn't pick up on this?...how is it that no one made him aware of it? I'm pretty sure the fans know how to react at the stadium, since we were doing it before his father was born.

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Emily is a special correspondent for them now.  

Emily? really? I have seen nothing on this, being out of state... can you expand on her job roles & what it includes (social media?)...interesting/Thanks!

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Emily? really? I have seen nothing on this, being out of state... can you expand on her job roles & what it includes (social media?)...interesting/Thanks!

She is working for wkyc 3 now. Special correspondent? General interest stories. Nothing too serious. You know.... pretty girls and tv equal ratings.  Our new Robin Swoboda

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

And I did see her explain about being quiet for the offense and noisy for D. And it was noted about so many away fans being here. I understand why so many end up selling their tickets but it does have a detrimental effect on the team too.  Only one real cure for that tho and it starts with a W.

25 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

And I did see her explain about being quiet for the offense and noisy for D. And it was noted about so many away fans being here. I understand why so many end up selling their tickets but it does have a detrimental effect on the team too.  Only one real cure for that tho and it starts with a W.

i still have my geeky thoughts 🤓 on to as whom, actually bought all those tickets up at a record pace..Ebay/stubhub seems to have loads of them at a large profit price :P  

33 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

i still have my geeky thoughts 🤓 on to as whom, actually bought all those tickets up at a record pace..Ebay/stubhub seems to have loads of them at a large profit price :P  

I’m sure you’re right. But there again, play winning football and all those extra tickets probably disappear faster than a rumor flies. 

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Ok Boomer (just messing with ya). Definitely agree with you on the standing thing though, to a point. If it's the start of the 2nd quarter and we rush for two yards, your ass doesn't need to stand up and clap. IDK why people feel the need to do this.

I mean, bottom line for me is Baker is turning into a "death by 1000 cuts" situation. This doesn't bother me fundamentally, but you aren't going to convince me 95% of fans know to be quiet. I've been to games all over the place and fans do this. The bills mafia always travels well (so do the steelers) so of course it's not going to be a pin drop silence. Miami game will be that way though. I just don't get why my man has to say it in the first place.

4 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Ok Boomer (just messing with ya). Definitely agree with you on the standing thing though, to a point. If it's the start of the 2nd quarter and we rush for two yards, your ass doesn't need to stand up and clap. IDK why people feel the need to do this.

I mean, bottom line for me is Baker is turning into a "death by 1000 cuts" situation. This doesn't bother me fundamentally, but you aren't going to convince me 95% of fans know to be quiet. I've been to games all over the place and fans do this. The bills mafia always travels well (so do the steelers) so of course it's not going to be a pin drop silence. Miami game will be that way though. I just don't get why my man has to say it in the first place.

What baker was saying wasn't questioning browns fans knowledge of the game or knowing when to cheer vs be quiet. He said our stadium not our fans. He was saying to quit letting so many opposing fans get their hands on tickets into our stadium.  I originally guessed that is what he meant went to look for the full interview and if you listen to the full line of questioning it's quite obvious that is in fact what he's talking about. 

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

What baker was saying wasn't questioning browns fans knowledge of the game or knowing when to cheer vs be quiet. He said our stadium not our fans. He was saying to quit letting so many opposing fans get their hands on tickets into our stadium.  I originally guessed that is what he meant went to look for the full interview and if you listen to the full line of questioning it's quite obvious that is in fact what he's talking about. 

Maybe, but honestly man I don't want to hear that either really. This squad has been crummy for 20+ years, and sellers have taken a bath on tickets for that period of time. I really, really don't blame people for selling tickets when they actually make money. Further, how the hell am I supposed to know who I'm selling to the way tickets are sold nowadays (figuratively, don't own any)? Keep winning games and more Browns fans are going to come. 

I went to a Panthers vs. Bills game a while back and that was the year (I think) they went to the Super Bowl. That stadium was STILL 30% Bills fans-they just travel well.

Over reaction crap... leave this garbage for the weak-ass espn network and their wannabe chumps

our first QB to have a hint of a winner... leave him be.

we have more important things at hand—— like kicking the shit out of these Pennsylvania losers 

bermeck (seriously, want to experience the most Retarded “beer laws” ? Head to that shit show of a state)

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bermeck08 said:

Over reaction crap... leave this garbage for the weak-ass espn network and their wannabe chumps

our first QB to have a hint of a winner... leave him be.

we have more important things at hand—— like kicking the shit out of these Pennsylvania losers 

bermeck (seriously, want to experience the most Retarded “beer laws” ? Head to that shit show of a state)

Nice to hear from you B.   What's it been?  Since Houston?