THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns waive LB Malik Jefferson

Vambo

Maybe we can go after Vernon Hargreaves depending on where we are on waivers. I heard the bucs released him. The guy has a ton of talent. He was a top 15 pick (I believe 11th) just 3 years ago. They benched him for not playing hard enough but he's a guy that if you can get him to buy in his talent is top of the line. 

Edited by bjh2130
We are likely 7th-8th on the waiver order

Anyone know what Njoku's health is?

IR is 8 weeks, am I correct?  And you can bring 2 guys back?  Or is it just one?

Njoku got hurt in the first game.  When did we put him on IR?   Did we wait until after game 2?

(we have a need for his return)

3 minutes ago, Orion said:

IR is 8 weeks, am I correct?  And you can bring 2 guys back?  Or is it just one?

Njoku got hurt in the first game.  When did we put him on IR?   Did we wait until after game 2?

(we have a need for his return)

I just looked it up

"Njoku also shared on Thursday that he has cleared the concussion protocol. The earliest Njoku could return is Week 12 against the Dolphins. Ohter candidates could pop up, but there is a strong chance Njoku will indeed be one of the Browns' "return" players."

11 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Hargreaves owns a 47.7 rating this year.. no thanks.

Yeah and Jalen Ramsey has a 55.8. I wouldn't turn him away. Hargreaves has a ton of potential. I'm not saying for him to come in and be a starter but he can play the slot and provide depth. Eli apple was absolutely awful in new York and he was pretty damn solid with the saints up until he got hurt this year. Sometimes a change of scenery really helps these young guys. 

53 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I just looked it up

"Njoku also shared on Thursday that he has cleared the concussion protocol. The earliest Njoku could return is Week 12 against the Dolphins. Ohter candidates could pop up, but there is a strong chance Njoku will indeed be one of the Browns' "return" players."

If they bring Njoku up next week before Dolphins,  and use this guys roster spot to do so, that means we would be one roster player short....

NOT that it matters with the FUCKING Inactive player stupid rule. You always have to sit so many people. Why does it matter if we are a couple of players shy....

Or is that rule even MORE fucked up....meaning that what I read says that you must have 8 inactive players.   Does that mean that if you only have 52 or 51 players on your roster, you MUST still make 8 inactive? In other words, you would have to play with 1 or 2 players short of the other team?

It is a complete BS rule. 

Sure, the purpose is to achieve "competitive balance" to make sure that each team has the same number of healthy players.  That is Bullshit.  If that were the case, then they should only have to de-activate  2-3 players....not 8.

46 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Hargreaves owns a 47.7 rating this year.. no thanks.

Yea, no...I wouldn't just go by effing PFF scores....or whatthefuckever that number is.  That is a lazy man's way of assessing talent.  It is like the credit score...which was invented when computers came about heavily so that some putz in a basement in New Jersey can have a lazy way of determining if someone is a good or bad credit risk, and then judge you without ever fucking laid eyes on you.  Meant to completely impersonalize the loan process....just as this "score" seems to be. 

7 hours ago, Orion said:

Njoku & Drew Forbes are both still on IR status.(neither count on 53) Teams can only return 2 from IR per season, on 8th week after they hit the list. But can practice up to 2 weeks before(free), to determine either to roster them or return back to IR for rest of season..

Likely.

Forbes should fill LB Malik Jefferson spot just cut.. Forbes free* IR return to roster spot, time is up. They have to determine his roster spot today, or before Thursday. Hopefully, Drew see's some reps at RG. Teller & Kush have proven their back-up status, *Not Starter status*... Jefferson played ST's only & Taki saw some LB reps last game along with specials.. LB Tae Davis took Jefferson spot by making the best ST's pop I've seen in a along time. (got the bills taped? watch this tech book crack)

Njoku's cast was off 2 weeks ago..Returned to practice last week after passing concussion protcol..Should be the last player we can return from IR..the returning IR 8 weeks rule, is keeping him out till Dolphins game..Honestly, I thought D.Harris has played better now that Seals-Jones is pushing him for his roster spot..

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I agree. Harris has stepped it up the last couple games. Made a few clutch catches.

Do me a solid favor, am way behind this week & off to work.. Look at the goal line failures & tell me where our TE's lineup? 1 0r 2 both on ends of Line? on straight ahead dive plays? Harris & Carlson our 230lbs. soaking wet.. Seals,P.Brown & Njoku are all around 246lbs. Did we try to line-up the wet noodle TE"s as H-backs? Thanks if ya can get to it sometime.. 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Yea, no...I wouldn't just go by effing PFF scores....or whatthefuckever that number is.  That is a lazy man's way of assessing talent.  It is like the credit score...which was invented when computers came about heavily so that some putz in a basement in New Jersey can have a lazy way of determining if someone is a good or bad credit risk, and then judge you without ever fucking laid eyes on you.  Meant to completely impersonalize the loan process....just as this "score" seems to be. 

old man simpson.png

• Haha 2

Too Bad!  Malik was considered the very best overall player in Texas the year he signed with U.Texas-Austin. A five-star player, he won the Butkus Award as the best High School LB in the nation. I thought he came out too early when he declared for the 2018 draft. I wish I had been wrong. We could have used him had he spent more time with better coaching than what he got under Charlie Strong, the worst hire for HC that UT Austin ever made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik_Jefferson

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Too Bad!  Malik was considered the very best overall player in Texas the year he signed with U.Texas-Austin. A five-star player, he won the Butkus Award as the best High School LB in the nation. I thought he came out too early when he declared for the 2018 draft. I wish I had been wrong. We could have used him had he spent more time with better coaching than what he got under Charlie Strong, the worst hire for HC that UT Austin ever made.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malik_Jefferson

U.Texas-Austin?   Never heard of it.  Heard of UTSA....is that what you are talking about?

Or...wait...perhaps you were referring the THE University OF Texas.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

U.Texas-Austin?   Never heard of it.  Heard of UTSA....is that what you are talking about?

Or...wait...perhaps you were referring the THE University OF Texas.

LOL! You mean tu right?😂 BTW one of my UT friends thinks it is hilarious I like to goad her with tu when I actually have a Masters Degree from there.😜

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Do me a solid favor, am way behind this week & off to work.. Look at the goal line failures & tell me where our TE's lineup? 1 0r 2 both on ends of Line? on straight ahead dive plays? Harris & Carlson our 230lbs. soaking wet.. Seals,P.Brown & Njoku are all around 246lbs. Did we try to line-up the wet noodle TE"s as H-backs? Thanks if ya can get to it sometime.. 

1st down 3 tight end set and an extra o lineman. Carlson lined up in front of Chubb in the I formation One of Harris/Brown motioned into backfield offset left the other was on the end of the line

2nd down 2 tight end set unbalanced line to the right. Harris offset right in backfield Carlson on left end of line.

3rd down (pass play to OBJ resulting in DPI) both Harris and Carlson on end of line to right

1st down Harris and Carlson again lined up on end of line right side Landry motions in right behind them

2nd Down (fade to obj) 1 tight end. tight bunch to left. Harris lined up left side as the inside guy in the bunch

3rd down same formation as above

4th down 3 tight end set extra o lineman. Carlson lined up in front of Chubb in the I formation One of Harris/Brown motioned into backfield offset left the other was on the end of the line

On the first 2nd down chubb wasn't aggressive enough hitting the hole or hit the wrong hole or he likely scores and on the 2nd 3rd down chubb slipped doing a jumpcut or he likely scores.

• Thanks 2

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! You mean tu right?😂 BTW one of my UT friends thinks it is hilarious I like to goad her with tu when I actually have a Masters Degree from there.😜

You know, really....most of the rest of the world doesn't care if you call it TU or UT......though,  those of us who are affiliated think that if you do say TU....in that part of the country....you mean Trinity University.   You know, the one good school in that section of the nation.

Njoku told ESPN that he expects to be ready to go when the calendar allows his return. I have to think we activate him.

Hargreaves.... very tricky thing here... dealing with a player who was released for lack of effort... other complication is that he's in year 4 of contract and his 5th year option has already been activated. If he is picked up off of waivers that contract stands and if he then plays and is injured then the contract becomes fully guaranteed. It's likley that teams are going to let him clear waivers and then deal with him as a UFA.

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

26 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Njoku told ESPN that he expects to be ready to go when the calendar allows his return. I have to think we activate him.

Hargreaves.... very tricky thing here... dealing with a player who was released for lack of effort... other complication is that he's in year 4 of contract and his 5th year option has already been activated. If he is picked up off of waivers that contract stands and if he then plays and is injured then the contract becomes fully guaranteed. It's likley that teams are going to let him clear waivers and then deal with him as a UFA.

Great point about the contract being the same if claimed off waivers. I had forgot about that and because of that I am leaning more towards not claiming him. However if he does clear waivers I wouldn't be opposed to giving him a look.  With the contract situation I really have no clue if he'll clear waivers.

We signed DE Bryan Cox Jr., recently of the Panthers to replace Jefferson. Need depth at DE with Vernon out.

If we bring Forbes back, I'm not sure who goes on the O-line? What did everyone think of Teller's start? Is Kush expendable now?

Zombo

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

We signed DE Bryan Cox Jr., recently of the Panthers to replace Jefferson. Need depth at DE with Vernon out.

If we bring Forbes back, I'm not sure who goes on the O-line? What did everyone think of Teller's start? Is Kush expendable now?

Zombo

Is that the son of the old Jets LB....Mr. Can't Wait?

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

I didn’t get to record this one but bjh on it. I’ll get to record the Thur night game and look forward to prying into that one to see what l can see.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Bill Oh! Brien likes his gm title in Houston..Hargreaves picked up by Texans via Waivers... not O'Brien's gm issue next season;) 

12 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

I didn’t get to record this one but bjh on it. I’ll get to record the Thur night game and look forward to prying into that one to see what l can see.

Me too under forced circumstances. Wifey decided that the ideal time for us to host our monthly bridge group is tonight from 6-9 pm CDT. So I get to miss the Tavern and record the game so I can see it as soon as I throw the last couple out the door (hopefully in time for the 2nd half KO or early 3rd Q live).😫 Glad it's on NFL Net or I would miss being able to go back for the 1st half and into the 2nd.

don't worry.   I have to be at my daughter's figure skating and niece's birthday party on the Sunday we play the dolphin's.

tell my wife every year just give 16; days alone to watch the browns.  never fails she always plans something.   just fucking 16 days.  16!!!!

2 hours ago, LBC mike said:

don't worry.   I have to be at my daughter's figure skating and niece's birthday party on the Sunday we play the dolphin's.

tell my wife every year just give 16; days alone to watch the browns.  never fails she always plans something.   just fucking 16 days.  16!!!!

LOL! Ah, the eternal optimist has no chance against the infernal planner.😈