THE BROWNS BOARD

Thanks to all the Veterans

OldBrownsFan

My Wife and I went to another elementary school, invited by our neighbors' kids...what a wonderful program. And in attendance, a World War II veteran.  The gym was full. Those kids admired every single veteran there. Such an honor to attend.

And, there are restaurants who give our free meals to veterans - Chic Fil A, our favorite - Texas Roadhouse, Golden Corral, Ihop, I think....

It isn't just a free meal, but being with so many other veterans there at one time. Veterans far, far older than even some of us - that is pretty special.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

My Wife and I went to another elementary school, invited by our neighbors' kids...what a wonderful program. And in attendance, a World War II veteran.  The gym was full. Those kids admired every single veteran there. Such an honor to attend.

And, there are restaurants who give our free meals to veterans - Chic Fil A, our favorite - Texas Roadhouse, Golden Corral, Ihop, I think....

It isn't just a free meal, but being with so many other veterans there at one time. Veterans far, far older than even some of us - that is pretty special.

A few years ago my little niece would invite my dad and me to her elementary school for veterans day each year. My dad was a WW2 vet. It was a lot of fun at the school and now that my dad has passed away I really appreciate those memories we had. 

• Thanks 1

My family's thanks to all Veterans❣Thank you for your service and sacrifices!!! 

Thanks to all of you veterans in every branch of the service both in wartime and keeping the peace.

GO USA !  "Is this a great country or what!"

Veterans/Presidental Trivia Questions:

1.   Who was the last President to be involved in Active Combat?

2. Which President held the very highest rank among all?

3. Of those Presidents who did serve (about 12 have not), who is the ONLY one who did not achieve "Officer" rank.   Lt. grade or above

4. Two President's were POWs at some point in their lives.  Name them.

5. Who is the ONLY President to have done his military service AFTER he was President?