THE BROWNS BOARD

Official Bills @ Browns Gameday Thread

3 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It was ugly. But it was a WIN! Short week, Pittsburgh on Thursday! LETS GO!!!

I suppose you do realize you’ll be expected to start the official game day thread from this point forward and any failure to do so resulting in a loss will be on you. It’s a heavy burden. Godspeed.

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

The Quarterback’s arm was moving forward. That was comedic but I’ll take it..

It's the reason that teams don't hand the ball off on those types of plays a. They used to do that but there would be a lot of fumbles because a timing issue so now they pop it up and toss it little forward and it's a forward pass. The fact that the referees even let that go is astonishing

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Finally a logical, creative play ran inside the 10 yard line!! Higgins is a good matchup against a 2nd-3rd corner, all day!

Ha it wasn't the fact that it was a creative play that they scored.  It was higgins winning his one on one and Baker seeing him. If the o line wins their one on ones in the goalline situations those plays work also.  If chubb continues to sprint to pylon on pitch play it's s touchdown. 

2 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It was kinda funny how the ball barely moved at all tho. He basically dropped the ball lmao

That's how all those little passes are but it's still considered a pass. I believe it was implemented by urban meyer at florida because typically the guys coming in motion dont receive too many handoffs and there is ball handling issue. If you pop it up forward to them if it's dropped it isn't a fumble. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Ha it wasn't the fact that it was a creative play that they scored.  It was higgins winning his one on one and Baker seeing him. 

Right, it took Freddy all his creative juices to put Higgins over there, isolated, to win his 1 on 1 and win us the damn game..

• Upvote 1

Just now, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Right it took Freddy all his creative juices to put Higgins over there, isolated, to win his 1 on 1 and win us the damn game..

No 90% of plays in the NFL aren't about creativity. Matchups sure.  But the NFL is all about results and winning your one on one battle.

I'm grateful for the win.. But honestly speaking.. Dumbfuck Freddie is a tool... I can't ever remember seeing so many dumb in game decisions by a HC.. Bone headed call after bone headed call.. He needs to be an OC... He's way in over his head... The Browns got lucky...

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

It's the reason that teams don't hand the ball off on those types of plays a. They used to do that but there would be a lot of fumbles because a timing issue so now they kept it up or toss at forward and it's a forward pass. The fact that the referees even let that go is astonishing

I had to go for a walk after we failed to recover the fumble at the goal line! 😂

Came back to us at the goal line again and thought "Here we go again!" 

Nope. Higgins, wide open. Thank you very much. I'm extremely pleased we won for the home crowd. They deserved it! 

Just now, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Browns looked like shit but played better than the bills.

How the fuck are the bills 6-3? This is a legitimate question 

They win ugly, like they almost did today. They keep it close, fight like mad, and make JUST enough plays. Today, that was US for a change. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

Browns looked like shit but played better than the bills.

Because they've beaten the jets the giants the Redskins the dolphins the bengals and the titans (decent win). We would be 6-3 if we played that schedule this far. Our losses would be Pats eagles tits (cause we did lose to them). Our wins would be jets giants Redskins dolphins Bengals and bills.

25 minutes ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

they rarely shoot themselves in the foot & both legs with stupid flags. the one player that did? got yanked slamming his helmet in the dirt.

than they avoid a shift kick in the balls by not turning the ball over...how many do we win by simply avoiding these two? Besides The Great Freddy's Adventures.. 

far to early.. Enjoy the W

Zombo!   Party like a 'Holly>81<Wood' Rockstar !!  We see ya brother Stan 🙏👍

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Agree, gumby... The Bills are a good,, if unspectacular team.... same as us. The difference is we think... and act... as if,we are spectacular. If Allen ever learns to hit a moving target, then they will be dangerous.

Meanwhile, it may be escaping the notice of many that our QB had a quietly solid game... arguably his best of the season.... especially in light of the final drive.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

I also have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Kareem Hunt, especially his blocking. That guy was a man possessed and had multiple key blocks. He was simply beasting. Not only that, he is a noticeable weapon in both the running and passing game. He was impressive, and he's going to score this season. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, TypicalBrowns50 said:

The browns have no playmakers, no luck, no coaching, and no hope. This is worse than 0-16

Sorry we have more playmakers on this team than most- but they're either not getting used- or not making plays when they're targeted. I believe we targeted OBJ 12 times....  

1 minute ago, jiggins7919 said:

I also have to say I was EXTREMELY impressed with Kareem Hunt, especially his blocking. That guy was a man possessed and had multiple key blocks. He was simply beasting. Not only that, he is a noticeable weapon in both the running and passing game. He was impressive, and he's going to score this season. 

And Freddie has yet another weapon he's too dumb to use extensively.....  

1 hour ago, jiggins7919 said:

They win ugly, like they almost did today. They keep it close, fight like mad, and make JUST enough plays. Today, that was US for a change. 

fewer penalties and not turning the ball over 

• Like 1

Freddie better get Higgins out of his dog house.  We had Khadarel Hodge on the field on the goalline and he didn't do his job on the rub route screen to Landry (when Landry yelled at him after play) . Higgins meanwhile obviously had the clutch td, but he also had a monster block on a little swing pass to either Hunt or Landry that allowed the receiver to pick up 20 plus yards.  He does everything right including the little things like rub routes and blocking.  He has chemistry with Baker. He needs to be on the field in our 3 receiver sets. I get if he refused to go in a game he should be punished.  He has served his time though and it's time to give him more snaps. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

1 minute ago, Ibleedbrown said:

You know, that was something. Hunt got a heavy dose of playing time, and some of that was in a fullback role. I don’t recall Chubb ever following him, but Chubb has a tendency to not follow his lead blocker.  

so you are knocking on chubb

2 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Chubb followed him on a couple of stretch runs.  I was very impressed with his conditioning.  He played a ton of snaps and we utilized him well in the pass game although some times we got to cute. What sucks is he is a great receiver in screens but our offensive line can not block up a screen to save their life. They just run around looking lost and blocking the wrong guys.