THE BROWNS BOARD

Rashard Higgins drama confirms Cleveland Browns locker room problems

Vambo

4 hours ago - Callaway was benched at the last minute for a disciplinary reason, but Kitchens won't reveal why. ... Bills, but Freddie Kitchens won't say why.

4 hours ago, Vambo said:
4 hours ago - Callaway was benched at the last minute for a disciplinary reason, but Kitchens won't reveal why. ... Bills, but Freddie Kitchens won't say why.

I hadn't heard that, but Freddie shouldn't explain why.  To me that is a internal issue.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Vambo said:

I think it’s just the bullshit in active rule  for roster players which is the stupidest rule the NFL has going for it

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well...he isn't the only one.  Again, can this be a case of  Ferd just not having a clue how to use his talent....or is there something more?  Some discipline thing...which we have not heard of..

....because this is fucking ridiculous.  Baker clearly has a connection with Higgins.....why not fucking exploit it instead of subjecting we...the people that pay for you....to your personal fucking prejudices.

I mean this thread literally states a reason for why he may have been being held out of games.  If he refused to go in the Seattle game that's not exactly a personal prejudice.

Just now, The Gipper said:

No,   but I find that allegation wholly without credibility.

Why? I believe it. He was healthy enough to play in the San Francisco game according to  Higgins and he didn't play one snap. Meanwhile Callaway fresh off of a suspension play a high percentage of snaps. I can see Higgins being frustrated with that and when told to go in the next game just having a nah I'm good attitude. Especially if it was later in the game and Callaway had played a lot of snaps before him again. 

17 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Why? I believe it. He was healthy enough to play in the San Francisco game according to  Higgins and he didn't play one snap. Meanwhile Callaway fresh off of a suspension play a high percentage of snaps. I can see Higgins being frustrated with that and when told to go in the next game just having a nah I'm good attitude. Especially if it was later in the game and Callaway had played a lot of snaps before him again. 

Well, maybe you are gullible.  

I don't believe it for a second that  Higgins refused to go into a game when he was told to.  Not for a second.  

He may not have a good attitude....an being frustrated which would be fair of him, because he and Baker have had great chemistry, and because they have worked well together since last year......but because Ferd won't play him....sure, it could upset him.   He has a right to be upset because perhaps, like most of the rest of us see Ferd not having a clue how to deploy his talent at times.   But, I do NOT think for a moment he refused to go in. No.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

I don't believe it for a second that  Higgins refused to go into a game when he was told to.  Not for a second.  

He may not have a good attitude....an being frustrated which would be fair of him, because he and Baker have had great chemistry, and because they have worked well together since last year......but because Ferd won't play him....sure, it could upset him.   He has a right to be upset because perhaps, like most of the rest of us see Ferd not having a clue how to deploy his talent at times.   But, I do NOT think for a moment he refused to go in. No.

Yeah, I'm not buying THAT version of the story. There's more to it. 

But you know what? Maybe all this shit disappears now. I was so happy to see him catch that touchdown. He was so pumped to do his celebration and the teammates ALL got involved. You know who was leading the charge? OBJ. He couldn't wait to get the party started. 

• Upvote 2

Why do you not think so?  I can easily see it happening. Is it you just don't think Higgins personally would do it because of his attitude and persona or something?  

1 minute ago, bjh2130 said:

Why do you not think so? 

I just explained why not.

I can easily see it happening. Is it you just don't think Higgins personally would do it because of his attitude and persona or something?  

Yes, and because I think it is horseshit that he out and out refused to go into a game. If he had done that they  should have, and probably would have cut him.  And they didn't do that, so I don't think it went that far.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Other players have declined to go in to a game before and not been cut. Obj being one of them in New York. Not the entire game but on a play before a half ended.  I guess I just don't get how you are so sure that no way in hell would he do that.

Baker loves Higgins and Freddie loves Baker to the point where I think freddie sometimes listens to much to what Baker wants him to do. For Freddie not to play the receiver Baker has the most chemistry with and one he loves I would think Higgins had to do something.  It wasn't just a hey he isn't better than khadarel Hodges so he's not gonna play. 

3 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Other players have declined to go in to a game before and not been cut. Obj being one of them in New York. Not the entire game but on a play before a half ended.  I guess I just don't get how you are so sure that no way in hell would he do that.

Baker loves Higgins and Freddie loves Baker to the point where I think freddie sometimes listens to much to what Baker wants him to do. For Freddie not to play the receiver Baker has the most chemistry with and one he loves I would think Higgins had to do something.  It wasn't just a hey he isn't better than khadarel Hodges so he's not gonna play. 

Well....it seems you have the cart before the horse.   If Higgins has been upset...or has had a beef....it is because Freddie DID NOT listen to Baker, and did NOT put Higgins in the game.  Even when Callaway was out for 4 games, Freddie was not using Higgins much.  You know..the guy that Baker likes.  so WTF is up with that?  Maybe Baker being upset about that situation has affected his own attitude somewhat and had in in a funk. 

I mean, right from when we acquired OBJ, it was presumed that you would have  OBJ as the WR1,  Higgins as WR2,  Landry as the slot receiver in normal sets, and  Callaway as the WR3 in that set.  Ferd didn't do that.  And as far as I am concerned, not doing that degraded the effectiveness of this offense.  Also, not employing a fullback in short yardage situations.  Sure, they don't really have a FB....but Fat Ferd could certainly have bugged Dorsey to go get one, since it appears they clearly could use one.  

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....it seems you have the cart before the horse.   If Higgins has been upset...or has had a beef....it is because Freddie DID NOT listen to Baker, and did NOT put Higgins in the game.  Even when Callaway was out for 4 games, Freddie was not using Higgins much.  You know..the guy that Baker likes.  so WTF is up with that?  Maybe Baker being upset about that situation has affected his own attitude somewhat and had in in a funk. 

I mean, right from when we acquired OBJ, it was presumed that you would have  OBJ as the WR1,  Higgins as WR2,  Landry as the slot receiver in normal sets, and  Callaway as the WR3 in that set.  Ferd didn't do that.  And as far as I am concerned, not doing that degraded the effectiveness of this offense.  Also, not employing a fullback in short yardage situations.  Sure, they don't really have a FB....but Fat Ferd could certainly have bugged Dorsey to go get one, since it appears they clearly could use one.  

Or use a blocking TE as the Titans do when they run a FB set.

Um Higgins got hurt in week one and wasn't on the active roster until the Seahawks game..... If you listen to Higgins he was ready for San Fran. You know the one where Callaway came back. Hard to for Freddie to put him in games when Callaway was suspended when he was inactive due to injury until after Callaway returned.

Also "Ferd" (really cute aren't you in your 50's) did have that lineup on the field for titans game until Higgins got hurt. 

"I felt like I was ready San Francisco game," he said. "Little frustrating. I feel like I'm somebody that Baker can rely on, and when I'm in the game I can make a difference." - Rashard Higgins

Multiple sources told The Athletic in recent weeks that Higgins was told to go into the game and declined. The reasons behind it remain a mystery. When I pressed him again about it this week, Higgins refused to talk about the Seattle game.

56 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I've heard multiple reports the Callaway benching was for one game only and it was because he showed up late to the Bills game.

This needs to be verified, but multiple people have been saying so, and it's all over reddit as well.

I don't know exactly what he was inactive for but I know it was disciplinary and it happened the day of the game so that would jive with what you have heard. 

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Um Higgins got hurt in week one and wasn't on the active roster until the Seahawks game..... If you listen to Higgins he was ready for San Fran. You know the one where Callaway came back. Hard to for Freddie to put him in games when Callaway was suspended when he was inactive due to injury until after Callaway returned.

Also "Ferd" (really cute aren't you in your 50's) did have that lineup on the field for titans game until Higgins got hurt. 

OK, I guess I didn't realize he was hurt. Apparently you didn't either until you looked it up, as you failed to mention it. 

"I felt like I was ready San Francisco game," he said. "Little frustrating. I feel like I'm somebody that Baker can rely on, and when I'm in the game I can make a difference." - Rashard Higgins

Multiple sources told The Athletic in recent weeks that Higgins was told to go into the game and declined. The reasons behind it remain a mystery. When I pressed him again about it this week, Higgins refused to talk about the Seattle game.

I want a more definitive source....i.e. either Higgins himself, or Ferd (and I am in my 60s...late 60s even)

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Hate to burst your bubble but I didn't look it up and I didn't forget he was hurt.  That's why in my original post stating why he may have declined to go in the game that he felt he was healthy enough to play in the San Francisco game because he was out from first game until after that game. Don't assume I forgot just because you were wrong and forgot. Again classic gipper get proven wrong with facts to back it up and deflect. 

Antonio Callaway was benched right before Sunday’s 19-16 victory over the Bills for arriving late to the game, a league source told cleveland.com. Callaway parked in a different lot than usual and was a few minutes late, the source said. The players stay in the team hotel the night before the game, but can go home in the morning and drive to the game.

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/11/11/20960369/cleveland-browns-report-antonio-callaway-benched-for-being-late

Head coach Freddie Kitchens did not go into detail about what happened with Callaway, but did express hope that the second-year wide receiver learned a lesson, according to clevelandbrowns.com:

“I do not know if he had gotten the message or not, but I am not wavering. What Antonio and I talk about stays between Antonio and I. I always want our guys to make good choices. I am not going to talk anymore about that situation. I did what I felt like I needed to do, and it is over.”

7 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Hate to burst your bubble but I didn't look it up and I didn't forget he was hurt.  That's why in my original post stating why he may have declined to go in the game that he felt he was healthy enough to play in the San Francisco game because he was out from first game until after that game. Don't assume I forgot just because you were wrong and forgot. Again classic gipper get proven wrong with facts to back it up and deflect. 

Asshole I told you that I was the one that forgot that he was hurt hello read the fucking post. I never said that you were not aware of it. Just that I was not aware of it.And regardless of him being hurt or otherwise no I do not except anything that says he refused to go into a game because I don’t think it happened prove it. The only acceptable proof is the statement by Higgins or a statement by Friday. Like in the above post regarding Callaway we’re Freddy makes a statement

11 hours ago, The Gipper said:

OK, I guess I didn't realize he was hurt. Apparently you didn't either until you looked it up, as you failed to mention it. 

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Asshole I told you that I was the one that forgot that he was hurt hello read the fucking post. I never said that you were not aware of it. Just that I was not aware of it.And regardless of him being hurt or otherwise no I do not except anything that says he refused to go into a game because I don’t think it happened prove it. The only acceptable proof is the statement by Higgins or a statement by Friday. Like in the above post regarding Callaway we’re Freddy makes a statement

"Apparently you didn't either until you looked it up". That sure sounds like you telling me what I forgot or was aware of. That quote by Freddie about Callaway means nothing. Just that he is disciplined.  When Freddie was asked why Rashard didn't play in the seahawks game he responded with "you should go ask him that". To me that implies it was Higgins' choice to not play in the game. 

Am not reading much more into this, cause Freddy & Baker are just asking simply to... "arrive in the spot your expected to be in on time" including how & where to lineup.."were not babysitting your playbook" (read both their quotes at end of story)

Higgins to Ratley want to be trusted over Callaway

Showing better hands than Callaway & not letting defenders cross Callaway face such as in the Tampa game, is a way they could see the field before Cab.. 

Coaches have a WR depth chart per set formations.. It's normally not going to be the same as what we can read out there in the media market.. 

4 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

"Apparently you didn't either until you looked it up". That sure sounds like you telling me what I forgot or was aware of.

Well, then, you shouldn't be giving off impressions that you are not aware of something when you are.   I can only read what you write, I can't read your mind.

That quote by Freddie about Callaway means nothing. Just that he is disciplined.  When Freddie was asked why Rashard didn't play in the seahawks game he responded with "you should go ask him that". To me that implies it was Higgins' choice to not play in the game. 

That seems like a total obfuscation.  Maybe that is a clue to why Ferd is just not connecting with this team.

Well, then, you shouldn't be giving off impressions that you are not aware of something when you are.   I can only read what you write, I can't read your mind.

How in the hell did I give off the impression I was not aware. Please show me. The very first time you ask the question why didn't Higgins play while Callaway was suspended I told you he was injured.  In a prior post I literally said Higgins felt he was good to go against san fran (you know recovered from the injury he had in week one or at least enough to play).

So first off you tell me I forgot and wasn't aware he was injured.  I show you the same thing I just showed you again. Then you literally just said in the next post that "I never said that you were not aware of it." I show you did and now it's back to dont give off the impression you are unaware. Again typical gip just deflect and place blame on others when he is wrong.  Now I remember why I don't respond to your post. 

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

How in the hell did I give off the impression I was not aware. Please show me. The very first time you ask the question why didn't Higgins play while Callaway was suspended I told you he was injured.  In a prior post I literally said Higgins felt he was good to go against san fran (you know recovered from the injury he had in week one or at least enough to play).

So first off you tell me I forgot and wasn't aware he was injured.  I show you the same thing I just showed you again. Then you literally just said in the next post that "I never said that you were not aware of it." I show you did and now it's back to dont give off the impression you are unaware. Again typical gip just deflect and place blame on others when he is wrong.  Now I remember why I don't respond to your post. 

Obviously something about what you said was completely misleading, or else I would not have been mislead.

But....speaking of deflecting....the major issue here is:   YOUR claim that Higgins refused to play...without any real dispositive evidence.

I still say that fact is Horseshit, now matter how much you want to make this discussion about me.  Very Trumpian of you.

Obviously something about what you said was completely misleading, or else I would not have been mislead.

So tell me where I mislead. Go back and read the conversation so I can avoid it in the future. My opinion is that you were just trying to defend your ignorant question asking why higgins didn't play more while Callaway was suspended by saying well you didn't know either you had to look it up. 

But....speaking of deflecting....the major issue here is:   YOUR claim that Higgins refused to play...without any real dispositive evidence.

It's not my claim.  I didn't just dream it up, there is a report of it. Also when you originally questioned if there was reasoning for his lack of play time my response was

"I mean this thread literally states a reason for why he MAY have been being held out of games.  IF he refused to go in the Seattle game that's not exactly a personal prejudice."

I'm not positive but I believe the words MAY and IF don't imply certainty. Then after you said you don't find it credible I didn't respond that he absolutely refused. I asked you why you didn't believe it and gave you the reason as to why I believe the claim of the report could be true.

One last thing can you provide dispositive evidence that the report isn't true? It's both just our opinions on whether we believe a report. That's all it was until you told me what I knew and didn't know.

I still say that fact is Horseshit, now matter how much you want to make this discussion about me.  Very Trumpian of you.

Go ahead and get the last word.

Obviously something about what you said was completely misleading, or else I would not have been mislead.

So tell me where I mislead. Go back and read the conversation so I can avoid it in the future. My opinion is that you were just trying to defend your ignorant question asking why higgins didn't play more while Callaway was suspended by saying well you didn't know either you had to look it up. 

I am not retained by the Browns Board to remedy the deficiencies in your intellect.

But....speaking of deflecting....the major issue here is:   YOUR claim that Higgins refused to play...without any real dispositive evidence.

It's not my claim.  I didn't just dream it up, there is a report of it. Also when you originally questioned if there was reasoning for his lack of play time my response was

"I mean this thread literally states a reason for why he MAY have been being held out of games.  IF he refused to go in the Seattle game that's not exactly a personal prejudice."

I'm not positive but I believe the words MAY and IF don't imply certainty. Then after you said you don't find it credible I didn't respond that he absolutely refused. I asked you why you didn't believe it and gave you the reason as to why I believe the claim of the report could be true.

I didn't say it was your claim, but you seemed to own it.  I will let you continue to own it, but I am not buying it.

Go ahead and get the last word.

I suppose you are going to claim that you had a "perfect" post?  :lol: