THE BROWNS BOARD

Chase Young Suspended

MLD Woody

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Meh. If he fucked up, make amends and lets move on.  No point in being Penn State, Clemson, Alabama...etc etc.

Admit the wrong and correct it. 

2 game suspension is what Troy got. Sounds about right in this case.

How convenient it's right over Maryland and Rutgers lol. Especially if it really is something from 2018.

That being said, I believe players should be able to get paid. Just like I believed they should have been able to sell their awards for tats. But until that's allowed, rules are rules. And if there's any evidence of a cover up like there was last time, that would be bad

3 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

How convenient it's right over Maryland and Rutgers lol. Especially if it really is something from 2018.

That being said, I believe players should be able to get paid. Just like I believed they should have been able to sell their awards for tats. But until that's allowed, rules are rules. And if there's any evidence of a cover up like there was last time, that would be bad

Wouldn't be ideal.   Won't argue if it's 3 games and Chase misses Penn State.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

Here is what it said:

Tim Nevius, an attorney who was formerly an investigator for the NCAA, said Young "took a small loan from a close family friend last year to cover basic life expenses," the loan was repaid months ago and he is working with Young to restore his eligibility.

So, as it appears, it was not a booster or a company wanting to use his name or anything at all like that...it was a loan from a personal family friend.  The question is:  why is that even a violation in the first place?  Again, another situation where the athlete is discriminated against, because any normal student on scholarship would be allowed to do this.  The NCAA had like this rule that an athlete could receive a bagel to eat....but if he accepted cream cheese on his bagel...it would be an NCAA violation.  This is about tantamount to that.

I generally like to wait until some of the smoke clears and see if there's any thing of substantial left over to worry about.

The days of legally paid college players is very near.

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

Like when they lied to the NCAA about the whole Tressel thing?

Who is "they"?  You mean when Tressel did?  Sure...   the University itself was more than cooperative.  That was from the NCAA themselves.

edit: You mean USC with Reggie Bush?  I think that's what you're looking for. 

16 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Like when they lied to the NCAA about the whole Tressel thing?

The only topic that the Michigan fans versus The Ohio State University BUCKEYES have had to talk about since the EBRUCE/JCOOP era.

Oh I can see why.   Not W/L, BIG TEN Championships, National Championships, recruiting, etc.    ;)

Rumor of a 4 game ban.   If true, I would really hate the NCAA for it.  3? Sure, fine.  But taking away The Game?   I don't care if it was a UM player - it would have to be some heinous shit for me to take you away from the biggest game of the year the last time you play in it.        

53 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Blame whoever alerted the University. Had they timed it better, probably would have missed the last 2 games.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

What an absolute shocker. Misses the two biggest games of the year too, wow. What terrible timing for OSU. 

It should not have been even that many.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

What an absolute shocker. Misses the two biggest games of the year too, wow. What terrible timing for OSU. 

Who? Oh him, I heard that he quit football.    :lol:

Oh OSU -50 is now OSU -49.5 this week.

On 11/8/2019 at 3:19 PM, MLD Woody said:

Rumor the family friend is an agent, which likes up with being someone he just let before his freshman year at OSU. 

We'll see.

rumor has it that you were just making shit up

chase to be back for the penn state game

1 hour ago, ATOM said:

rumor has it that you were just making shit up

chase to be back for the penn state game

I wasn't making anything up. Just posting something I heard.

But you don't see anything suspicious about him meeting the "family friend" the summer before he started at OSU? Or that this happened last year and just came out now?

Really the trick is to call it a loan from a "friend" and you're good.

11 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

But you don't see anything suspicious about him meeting the "family friend" the summer before he started at OSU? Or that this happened last year and just came out now?

You  have assumed shit,  don't know the facts....so, yes, it appears that you are just making shit up.  How do you know if he borrowed this money other than from a guy who was a family friend.  Do you know this guys name?  His occupation?  Do you really know when they met?  How long they have been friends?  Is he an agent? You make an ass out of yourself by just ASSHOLEuming.  And, if this guy was an agent, wouldn't you think he would have given him a lot more than just air fare for his girlfriend?  I mean, Jesus, think about it for a second.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You  have assumed shit,  don't know the facts....so, yes, it appears that you are just making shit up.  How do you know if he borrowed this money other than from a guy who was a family friend.  Do you know this guys name?  His occupation?  Do you really know when they met?  How long they have been friends?  Is he an agent? You make an ass out of yourself by just ASSHOLEuming.  And, if this guy was an agent, wouldn't you think he would have given him a lot more than just air fare for his girlfriend?  I mean, Jesus, think about it for a second.  

Fuck you're dumb. 

Thank you for telling me what I did though. Here I thought I was just passing along a rumor I heard, but no, you know that I actually made shit up. Huh, I had no idea. I guess you know better though. Smh.

Chase Young literally said in his own Twitter statement when they met.....

This is just you, once again, putting on Scarlet and Gray blinders without knowing any of the facts. Talking about something you know nothing about. 

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Fuck you're dumb. 

Thank you for telling me what I did though. Here I thought I was just passing along a rumor I heard, but no, you know that I actually made shit up. Huh, I had no idea. I guess you know better though. Smh.

Chase Young literally said in his own Twitter statement when they met.....

This is just you, once again, putting on Scarlet and Gray blinders without knowing any of the facts. Talking about something you know nothing about. 

Passing along a rumor is essentially the same as making shit up. 

Rumor has it that you fuck goats.....see, same thing. 

If you have Young explaining it....prove it.  Link the statement. 

And its like you never put your  piss yellow and blue blinders on.  That is all you do.  You never provide proof or evidence of anything. Just rumors. 

20 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

that i agree with just 2 games vs nobody 

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Passing along a rumor is essentially the same as making shit up. 

Rumor has it that you fuck goats.....see, same thing. 

If you have Young explaining it....prove it.  Link the statement. 

And its like you never put your  piss yellow and blue blinders on.  That is all you do.  You never provide proof or evidence of anything. Just rumors. 

Fuck you're incapable of accepting any information that contradicts your already ingrained world view....

Move the goalposts on the rumor statement. Whatever. Nothing new with you.

Statement is literally right on his Twitter. Says when he met the guy.