THE BROWNS BOARD

JC Tretter extension 3 years

gumby73

32.5M for 3 years... 23M signing bonus / NFL Network/Rapaport... further details will come Friday.. 👍 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/browns-and-jc-tretter-agree-on-a-3-year-extension-worth-325-million.html       

I'm stoked about this signing... This shows continuity in the organization and that He sees something positive abbout the team and wanting to be here...

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

From Cornell Big Red!!   The only guy in the league from there.  And as I may have mentioned before, my son's lab basically overlooks their stadium.

Cornell is where the Late,Great Carl Sagan went to College , I believe.. 

28 minutes ago, nickers said:

Cornell is where the Late,Great Carl Sagan went to College , I believe.. 

And speaking of Sagan and things astronomical.... if the weather is clear, and you have a telescope with a solar filter-  this coming Monday morning starting around 7:30 AM EST for several hours- the planet Mercury will go directly in front of the sun. And that's not going to happen again for 10+ years....     

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

And speaking of Sagan and things astronomical.... if the weather is clear, and you have a telescope with a solar filter-  this coming Monday morning starting around 7:30 AM EST for several hours- the planet Mercury will go directly in front of the sun. And that's not going to happen again for 10+ years....     

Dang!!.. Ironically... I was gonna ask you what you think is a decent telescope that doesn't cost an arm and leg.. I'm on a fixed income...

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Bill Nye, Ruth Bader Ginsburg, Keith Olbermann, Jane Lynch, And maybe most importantly the guy who invented air-conditioning

Lennox?

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Dang!!.. Ironically... I was gonna ask you what you think is a decent telescope that doesn't cost an arm and leg.. I'm on a fixed income...

"Decent" and "arm & a leg" are very relative terms when it comes to telescopes.  I'll PM you later  today with some  opinions.  :)

8 hours ago, nickers said:

Lennox?

The AC guy was Willis Carrier.    Others were Toni Morrison, Bill Maher, Ann Coulter, Kurt Vonnegut, Jimmy Smits, Harry Chapin, Janet Reno, Howard Hawks (westerns director) Joyce Brothers,  Allen Funt (Candid Camera), Frank Morgan (the Wizard of Oz), Pearl Buck,   Robert Moog (synthesizer), Harry Heimlich (maneuver),   Ed Marinaro. 

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

"Decent" and "arm & a leg" are very relative terms when it comes to telescopes.  I'll PM you later  today with some  opinions.  :)

My one brother when he was working at YSU as the Ward Beecher Planetarium and the physics and astronomy departments.  There are a lot of amateur astronomers out there and it's not a bad idea to check out used but very nice equipment at a Planetarium or club near you.

Some articles about him.

http://archive.businessjournaldaily.com/ysu-sundial-remembers-pirkos-work-2010-8-27

http://www.dianaludwig.com/memoriam_rickp.html

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

The AC guy was Willis Carrier.    Others were Toni Morrison, Bill Maher, Ann Coulter, Kurt Vonnegut, Jimmy Smits, Harry Chapin, Janet Reno, Howard Hawks (westerns director) Joyce Brothers,  Allen Funt (Candid Camera), Frank Morgan (the Wizard of Oz), Pearl Buck,   Robert Moog (synthesizer), Harry Heimlich (maneuver),   Ed Marinaro. 

Yes Carrier.. That was the name I was trying to think of.. thanks...

On 11/7/2019 at 5:50 PM, gumby73 said:

32.5M for 3 years... 23M signing bonus / NFL Network/Rapaport... further details will come Friday.. 👍 

https://www.cleveland.com/browns/2019/11/browns-and-jc-tretter-agree-on-a-3-year-extension-worth-325-million.html       

Well deserved....