THE BROWNS BOARD

will Hunt make a difference?

LBC mike

Which Hunt?  Get it which Hunt......seems to be a popular topic lately.

For the BROWNS of course it will help, give them a more dynamic offense pounding them with Chubb then counterpunch with Hunt.  PLUS a good outlet reciever for BM.

Can't hurt at home vs Buffalo.

• Haha 2

Assuming he's healthy, it means there's no excuse not to run the ball 65% of the time on offense. If dude comes back to form there isn't a better 1/2 combo in the league. As I believe Tia said in another thread, stats don't lie. The elite teams in the league are running significantly more than passing.

42 minutes ago, bbedward said:

Depends on how the coach decides to fit him into the game plan, so I'm pretty doubtful he'll make a difference.

This exactly. Look at Reid and the KC gameplan. Matt Moore, and Damien Williams look like studs because of the execution.

It isn't so much the players as it is the execution and the gameplan.

Mediocre playcalling that other teams are able to guess isn't going to win games.

Defensive coordinators know Freddie plays an Arians style offense, and they're ready for it everytime.

He needs to get more creative.

I think much of the Baker credit from last year was undeserved for Freddie.

3 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Assuming he's healthy, it means there's no excuse not to run the ball 65% of the time on offense. If dude comes back to form there isn't a better 1/2 combo in the league. As I believe Tia said in another thread, stats don't lie. The elite teams in the league are running significantly more than passing.

Perusing the stats for the upcoming game against the Bills- their overall defense is even better than the Broncos. But they've been giving up over 140 yards on interior rushing over the last three games. Um, Freddie- that's says run against them with Chubb and Hunt- and then run against them some more. 

BTW, their offense is pretty average. Don't turn the ball over Baker, and give them defensive scores. 

22 minutes ago, nickers said:

Absolutely not.. He's not in game shape.. the season will be about over.. by the time he is...

In his first NFL game ever he had 13 ypc against New England, over 100 yards. 

Last year 3 ypc against the Chargers... 

So he'll be in shape if he consideres this a second chance in the NFL. 

Don't put the game on Baker's hands. 

6 hours ago, bbedward said:

Depends on how the coach decides to fit him into the game plan, so I'm pretty doubtful he'll make a difference.

Will Hunt be the 3rd down back?  Or will we still see Hilliard?

No...

Here's why...

6 hours ago, bbedward said:

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Absolutely not.. He's not in game shape.. the season will be about over.. by the time he is...

Ahhhhh maybe that could be what's wrong with the rest of the team?  ......not in game shape, yet.  :lol:

3 hours ago, ATOM said:

freddie will just fuck it up and keep both chubb and hunt on the bench 

Yes and let Hilliard try and pound the rock in the red zone again!

8 hours ago, bbedward said:

Hunt is most effective inside the 10. If we had had him in any of those redzone plays we had Sunday he would have made a huge difference. The man thinks the goalline belongs to him.

15 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

Mack and Byner?

3 hours ago, MDDawg said:

The Braintrust hope Hunt saves their collective a**. That's why Freddie hasn't been fired yet, they hope Hunt can conjure some magic after the catch that Beckham couldn't now that Baker's become checkdown Charlie.

How is Hunt gonna be better than the #2 best rusher in the NFL?

4 hours ago, MDDawg said:

The Braintrust hope Hunt saves their collective a**. That's why Freddie hasn't been fired yet, they hope Hunt can conjure some magic after the catch that Beckham couldn't now that Baker's become checkdown Charlie.

Was watching NFLN for  a few minutes this evening. There was a segment on Baker that was extremely disturbing to say the least. He's last in the league in about every category- when he's operating out of a clean pocket. They showed around 10 of his misfires, and it was painful to watch.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Was watching NFLN for  a few minutes this evening. There was a segment on Baker that was extremely disturbing to say the least. He's last in the league in about every category- when he's operating out of a clean pocket. They showed around 10 of his misfires, and it was painful to watch.  

I read this on a Browns fan FB page and it is an interesting thought...

Remember on Hard Knocks when Hue mentioned to Baker that Tyrod Taylor would get to Berea at 5am every day, and questioned Baker on when he got there? It makes me wonder if there might be something to the "Baker was concerned with everything else but becoming a better QB" this offseason. Like Baker kind of skated on the homework of knowing the playbook front and back. 

• Thanks 1