THE BROWNS BOARD

Path to the Playoffs

crunchy

1 hour ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

The Cleveland Browns are TRASH...

I just have to say it. Maybe it will help this team win a game on Sunday..

Maybe tell them no gamechecks until they win, they will be in escrow until then.

Might get their attention, maybe.

On 11/4/2019 at 2:03 AM, crunchy said:

It's too easy. Even at 2-6 there's a straight line. 

First, win out. We only play crap from here on out, so that's no problem. We finish at 10-6, 6-0 in the division. 

That puts us ahead of the Bungholes, they've already lost more games. 

Beating the Squeenutz twice puts them at 10-6 at best and we have the tiebreaker. Done. 

Our only problem is the Cravens. But we already beat them in their dump-ass stadium. Really thumped them too. We'll beat them again in Cleveland, so that gives them 3 losses. They need 3 more for us to take the division. Luckily, I found those losses: vs Texans, at Rams, vs 49ers. Maybe at Bills too. 

Final divison table:

1. Browns 10-6, 6-0 division

2. Cravens 9-7, 4-2 division

3. Squeenutz 6-10, 2-4 division

4. Bungholes 0-16, 0-6 division, Paul Brown rises from dead to retract the team, NFL is better for it. 

So that's how we win the division, make the playoffs, host a playoff game, and save Christmas. Pretty damn easy. 

I wish you weee right but there is one huge flaw in your path. We cannot beat crap teams. We showed that clearly last week. 

48 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

I wish you weee right but there is one huge flaw in your path. We cannot beat crap teams. We showed that clearly last week. 

Except the Jets, we destroyed the Jets. Plus I don't think Denver is that crappy, they should have beat the Bears, Colts, and Jags except for last minute drives aided by some bad calls and kickers being clutch. Denver could easily be 6-3

43 minutes ago, crunchy said:

Except the Jets, we destroyed the Jets. Plus I don't think Denver is that crappy, they should have beat the Bears, Colts, and Jags except for last minute drives aided by some bad calls and kickers being clutch. Denver could easily be 6-3

Seriously? We made the AAF QB into Joe Montana. 

20 hours ago, crunchy said:

Ain't nobody worried about the Bills, that's the worst 6-2 team I ever saw. Josh Allen is Rob Johnson 2.0, a tall white stiff who can't throw for crap and the defence is severely overrated plus they suck away from home. Browns 27 Bills 6

Look at Mayfield Bro. Josh is better in every stat possible including WINS. Stop it. Browns are so overrated. Talent players but they are not a team. Players care more about the appearance of their cleats than playing the game. See you Sunday. 

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, crunchy said:

Ain't nobody worried about the Bills, that's the worst 6-2 team I ever saw. Josh Allen is Rob Johnson 2.0, a tall white stiff who can't throw for crap and the defence is severely overrated plus they suck away from home. Browns 27 Bills 6

3-0 in the road this year which is more wins than Brown have total. Stop drinking the water on that side of Lake Erie

3 hours ago, mastenpark said:

Look at Mayfield Bro. Josh is better in every stat possible including WINS. Stop it. Browns are so overrated. Talent players but they are not a team. Players care more about the appearance of their cleats than playing the game. See you Sunday. 

Well, yes, they are talented, and are not playing as a team,   but the shoes they wear has fuck all to do with it.

1 hour ago, mastenpark said:

3-0 in the road this year which is more wins than Brown have total. Stop drinking the water on that side of Lake Erie

Pretty poor on your geography sport.    Detroit is "on the side of Lake Erie"...the other side.   Cleveland is in the middle of the lake.   Hello!  Unless you live in like Long Point, Ontario.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, yes, they are talented, and are not playing as a team,   but the shoes they wear has fuck all to do with it.

while most players use pre-game to warm up, Odell and Jarvis were being told no cleats or no playing. Sound like winners to me. Glad the Bills don't have to deal with that kind of bullshit.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Pretty poor on your geography sport.    Detroit is "on the side of Lake Erie"...the other side.   Cleveland is in the middle of the lake.   Hello!  Unless you live in like Long Point, Ontario.

point remains that Allen is playing than Baker right now so people in glass houses should not throw stones

1 hour ago, mastenpark said:

while most players use pre-game to warm up, Odell and Jarvis were being told no cleats or no playing. Sound like winners to me. Glad the Bills don't have to deal with that kind of bullshit.

Nobody has to "deal" with anything.  Except maybe a couple of guys have to "deal with" how to tie shoelaces.

4 hours ago, mastenpark said:

Sorry I did not major in geography bro. I do day-trade in the morning and work in IT overnights. We all can't know everything. #calmdown

Well, that is fine, you don't have to be a geography major to know basic American Geography.  That is  like  3rd/4th grade stuff.  You did go at least that far in school, didn't you?

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well, that is fine, you don't have to be a geography major to know basic American Geography.  That is  like  3rd/4th grade stuff.  You did go at least that far in school, didn't you?

I tried to play nice with you but since you want to be a pompous ass dick well technically you are wrong like the fool you are. Technically Buffalo sits on the eastern side of Lake Erie and and Cleveland sits on the southern side of Lake Erie and NOT the middle so next time you want to give a geographical lesson and please know what they fuck you are talking about. People like you would only sound smart to a idiot.

9 minutes ago, mastenpark said:

I tried to play nice with you but since you want to be a pompous ass dick well technically you are wrong like the fool you are. Technically Buffalo sits on the eastern side of Lake Erie and and Cleveland sits on the southern side of Lake Erie and NOT the middle so next time you want to give a geographical lesson and please know what they fuck you are talking about. People like you would only sound smart to a idiot.

:D Gipper  just  likes to  argue,  don't  waste your time. 

17 minutes ago, mastenpark said:

Your implication was that Cleveland was " on the opposite side"  of Lake Erie from Buffalo...which it is not.  Maybe in addition to geography you should go back and repeat 4th grade English. 

1 minute ago, mastenpark said:

Oh that’s good to know. He kept poking me. Thanks for the heads up

It is my job on here to not only  poke but to slice and dice rapier like trolls who are fans of other teams.  Don't worry, your scars will heal. Maybe not as fast if the Browns kick the Bills ass, but just apply a little Neosporin in the mean time.   And buy a map. Or  AAA gives them for free if you are a member.  There may also be an app on your cell phone. 

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, hoorta said:

:D Gipper  just  likes to  argue,  don't  waste your time. 

I sometimes have to play Churchill to Hoorta's Chamberlain.  He will often appease enemy aggressors (opposing team trolls) , whereas I will fight them on the beaches, I will fight them on the land, I will fight them in the hills, I will fight them in the streets, I will fight them in the air.  I will never surrender, but if a large part of the Browns homeland should ever be subjugated and starving,  I will fight you from our empire beyond the seas, in England, and in Spain where we have sympathizers that will give us succor.  These colours shall never run.

53 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I sometimes have to play Churchill to Hoorta's Chamberlain.  He will often appease enemy aggressors (opposing team trolls) , whereas I will fight them on the beaches, I will fight them on the land, I will fight them in the hills, I will fight them in the streets, I will fight them in the air.  I will never surrender, but if a large part of the Browns homeland should ever be subjugated and starving,  I will fight you from our empire beyond the seas, in England, and in Spain where we have sympathizers that will give us succor.  These colours shall never run.

Gip, if the invaders are polite- or mostly polite, I let them be. OTOH, that smart ass uppity Raven troll got shown the door in short order....

On 11/6/2019 at 8:17 AM, mastenpark said:

Um, and this is what NFL.com had to say about your Bills.....   

TWO TEAMS THAT ARE WEAKER THAN THEIR RECORDS

Buffalo Bills (6-2)

Only five teams -- the 8-0 49ers, 8-1 Patriots, 7-1 Saints, 7-2 Packers and 7-2 Seahawks -- have a better record than the Bills, but it's hard to mention this group in the same breath as them, because Buffalo's schedule to date has proven so soft. The Bills have only faced two teams who are currently above .500, and they lost to both (the Patriots in Week 4 and the Eagles in Week 8), while the combined record of their six vanquished opponents sits at 9-42. They're in great shape to earn a playoff berth, seeing as how 80.8 percent of teams to start 6-2 since 1990 have reached the postseason, and it'll be a notable accomplishment for a franchise that has been to the playoffs just once since 1999. But with an offense that is averaging just 336 yards (23rd) and 19.8 points (22nd) per game, this has all the earmarks of being a one-and-done postseason squad.

The big question in both the short and long term for Buffalo is whether or not Josh Allen can develop into a bona fide franchise quarterback. There is no question that Allen is better than he was as a rookie in 2018, but he still ranks toward the bottom in a variety of key statistical categories, including completion percentage (60.9, 27th), yards per attempt (6.8, 24th), quarterback rating (82.9, 26th) and touchdown-to-interception ratio (10:7, 25th).

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Gip, if the invaders are polite- or mostly polite, I let them be. OTOH, that smart ass uppity Raven troll got shown the door in short order....

Ah...but those are the most insipid of invaders.  They try to take over without you knowing it.  Or they even ask you to invite them in.  To continue with a theme, see Anschluss.   (or see Putin/Trump)