THE BROWNS BOARD

HasFreddieBeenFiredYet.com

BWet00

Even wifey thought leaving Chubb on the sidelines on 3rd and 4th down and trying to sneak the midget in on 4th for a 1st down was just plain stupid. And she knows almost ZILCH about football. But she does know that! Sometimes coaches just outthink themselves so much, they can't even keep it simple and do what has the best chance to succeed. You don't take the power back out. Period.

• Upvote 2

Hypothetical question for everyone. 

If we had bellicheck instead of freddie would be better than if we had brady/rodgers instead of baker?

I think if we had one of those two quarterbacks we would be at least a game better than if we had a different coach. 

I understand if you don't want to participate and think this is just silly but I found myself asking this question last night when I was trying to decide if I was more pissed off at Baker or Freddie.

We have had a number of games this year (the latest yesterday) that were winnable and we found ways to lose them. Yesterday we had too many missed opportunities and not finishing drives as well as the defense breaking down at critical times.  I think a HC like Bellicheck would have found ways to win these games we lost. I also wonder how well Mayfield is being coached. We saw the potential last year and a regression this year and the question I have is why? A great coach like Bellicheck would do wonders with the talent the Browns have..IMO...maybe not the Super Bowl but certainly he would have the Browns in the play offs.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

If we had bellicheck instead of freddie would be better than if we had brady/rodgers instead of baker?

I think if we had one of those two quarterbacks we would be at least a game better than if we had a different coach. 

I understand if you don't want to participate and think this is just silly but I found myself asking this question last night when I was trying to decide if I was more pissed off at Baker or Freddie.

If you are saying who is mostly responsible for this debacle....the answer is:

90% Freddie

5% our defense

2%  Baker

1%  Our OL.

1% the rest of the offense.

2 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I was thinking,  what if teddy b was qb this season.  Do you think we'd have more than 2 wins? I certainly do

3 minutes ago, SD_Tom said:

I was thinking,  what if teddy b was qb this season.  Do you think we'd have more than 2 wins? I certainly do

May be true. However, yall are comparing 2 GOATS and a seasoned Teddy(With one of the BEST coaches and teams) to 8-13 Mayfield.

The dude who brought this team out of misery just over a year ago.

44 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Great coaching would’ve avoided letting that 3rd in 1 turn into a 4th and 4. 
Great coaching knows not to give the ball to Russell Wilson if you can help it.
Freddy is hurting Baker right now, no question. 
The defense is hurting Freddy. 
It’s a cycle.

So baker is not hurting anyone? 

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

We have had a number of games this year (the latest yesterday) that were winnable and we found ways to lose them. Yesterday we had too many missed opportunities and not finishing drives as well as the defense breaking down at critical times.  I think a HC like Bellicheck would have found ways to win these games we lost. I also wonder how well Mayfield is being coached. We saw the potential last year and a regression this year and the question I have is why? A great coach like Bellicheck would do wonders with the talent the Browns have..IMO...maybe not the Super Bowl but certainly he would have the Browns in the play offs.

What would tom Brady do with the skill positions players we have? 

9 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

He is part of that cycle. He is still learning the NFL game. It ain’t the same HS and Oklahoma game. 8-13 record.

It ain’t enough experience for what is going on here.

That’s why coaching needs to prioritize putting Baker in a position to succeed. Not OBJ, not Chubb, not Landry. Their jobs are much easier from a mental perspective. 
And yea Kitchens, let’s waste another down with a fancy gadget play that fools nobody.. wasting the development of Baker..

1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

Hit the open receivers baker is missing over the middle. Edit not just missing as in missing passes missing as in not seeing them whatsoever.

Maybe, but I still think a lot of it is scheme and play calling.  OK, Baker misses some passes, all QBs do.  But I don't know how TB would do with this scheme.

Mayfield didn't break the rookie td record with no talent. This coaching an offensive scheme is killing him. He has lost confidence and refuses to throw the ball downfield when he has an open receiver. I would almost like to see him benched for a game or 2 to maybe get his head straight. He's only 24 years old, after all.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, lodilobo said:

Mayfield didn't break the rookie td record with no talent. This coaching an offensive scheme is killing him. He has lost confidence and refuses to throw the ball downfield when he has an open receiver. I would almost like to see him benched for a game or 2 to maybe get his head straight. He's only 24 years old, after all.

Mayfield has the talent.  There scheme really hasn't changed all that much.  He is very skittish this year and you are right about throwing downfield. I will add he is very hesitant to throw over the middle also unless it's a slant. Those 15 yard digs and crossers that he was great at hitting last year,  well they are still in the scheme/gameplan, and they are still open but he's not throwing then this year.  He needs to get out of his own head. 

4 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I think he has lost confidence. Afraid to throw deep, and when he does he's been way off target. Missed at least two TDs. He had OBJ breaking free on a sideline route, and checked down when Landry had his guy beat on a crossing route in the end zone. Doubtless this is going to get pointed out to him when they break down film. 

I'll put it as 70% Freddie (maybe less), 15% Baker, and 15% defense having brain farts giving up chunk plays. It is one big stinking mess now....  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

I think he has lost confidence. Afraid to throw deep, and when he does he's been way off target. Missed at least two TDs. He had OBJ breaking free on a sideline route, and checked down when Landry had his guy beat on a crossing route in the end zone. Doubtless this is going to get pointed out to him when they break down film. 

I'll put it as 70% Freddie (maybe less), 15% Baker, and 15% defense having brain farts giving up chunk plays. It is one big stinking mess now....  

In my mind put it more at 45% Freddie, 40% Baker, 10% defense, and the last 5% o line missing blocks wrs dropping balls etc.

13 hours ago, Canton Dawg said:

301722A5-F5E8-463B-82AD-C34E755470E5.png

Flashback*    Being paid by GB this season, nothing next season.. Declined to talk to Cleveland & lost out to Adam Gase 😲... https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/25724917/mike-mccarthy-sit-2019-season-hopes-coach-2020