THE BROWNS BOARD

The nfl did it again

Babernakle

31 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Oh but I just love those consipiracy behind every rock folks......so entertaining......if it isn't the BROWNS it's postage stamp costs or no free parking or Bigfoot or who killed JFK it's something.

They just need it I guess so much more fun for THEM to blame NFL, Inc. than the BROWNS organization.........I guess.   Maybe I'll write a book on it. "The Conspiracy Guide to Conspiracies, Vol.I".  It should sell well.    :lol:

why the heyl would anybody blame the Browns when it happens in other games. Like Hoorta just mentioned - the Giants-Cowboys game just last night.

and, it's referee history, they didn't whistle play to stop, and the Browns ran another quick play and spiked the ball. :

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bottlegate

Events of the play

The Cleveland Browns were in a position to get an unlikely playoffs spot at 6–6, but most likely needed to win the 4 remaining games of the season to do so. However, they were down 15–10 with 1:08 remaining in the game, and were faced with a 4th and 2 at the Jaguars 12 yard line. They had to try to convert, or else the Jaguars would simply kneel the ball twice and end the game. Quarterback Tim Couch took the snap and passed it short to wide receiver Quincy Morgan, who appeared to bobble the ball after a 3 yard gain, but the referees called it a completed pass. Couch wasted no time hurrying the offense to the line and spiked the ball with :48 remaining. The refs looked as though they were reviewing a fake spike, a penalty that would take 10 seconds off the board, but Cleveland would still have the ball. While preparing for the next play, referee Terry McAulay announced that the officials would review the 4th down conversion, even though the NFL rules stipulate that a play cannot be reviewed after another play has been completed. After an instant replay review, the officials confirmed that the pass was not completed and, as a result, the Jaguars would take possession of the football.[3][4][5]

• Upvote 1