THE BROWNS BOARD

The nfl did it again

Babernakle

With all the bullshit calls, the clear reviews not being correct,  the constant badgering of Baker.  It’s finally broke the team just what the nfl wanted.  It’s clear very clear there is a all out war being waged against the browns.  No energy on the team now it’s not fun now just what the nfl wanted.  Here comes another coaching change. Just what the nfl wanted the punching bag of the nfl it started game one right where they left off last year.  Fuck the nfl,  fuck Rodger.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Upvote 5

57 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Relax Les Nessman...there is no conspiracy.

So we’re i live it’s mostly beagle fans and shitsburgh fans and they see it.  Monday’s have became man they screwed they browns this week again.  They all see it they all agree that there is something to it.  Bad breads bad.  There young kids and don’t know how to over come this.  You say something enough time over time and it becomes true.  

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

Look at me! Look at me! I'm an integral part of a 2-6 team! Look at me!!!!

Joke.PNG

Yea, the NFL is the one making the team a joke.

I think that was a "laugh now, cry later" attempt... 

7 hours ago, Nero said:

I love comic relief threads after a painful loss. 

Me too!  Especially 1 day after drinking depressants while watching the depressants.

I know I know I'm such a bad fan wanting more than 0 playoff wins since the 94 season... This is the equivalent of someone watching the 1st Rocky Movie 16 times a year from 1977 through 2002 thinking there might be a different outcome.   I never saw the different outcome btw.

Gipper's cell phone lost and found - Can I help you?  Can I help you?

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 2

17 hours ago, Babernakle said:

With all the bullshit calls, the clear reviews not being correct,  the constant badgering of Baker.  It’s finally broke the team just what the nfl wanted.  It’s clear very clear there is a all out war being waged against the browns.  No energy on the team now it’s not fun now just what the nfl wanted.  Here comes another coaching change. Just what the nfl wanted the punching bag of the nfl it started game one right where they left off last year.  Fuck the nfl,  fuck Rodger.  

The refs are horrendous across the board my dude, it ain't just in Browns games. Frankly is an indictment on the league and hopefully will lead to a push where full time refs will be employed like what you see with other sports. 

19 minutes ago, Vagitron said:

The refs are horrendous across the board my dude, it ain't just in Browns games. Frankly is an indictment on the league and hopefully will lead to a push where full time refs will be employed like what you see with other sports. 

Would making them full time really help?

40 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Would making them full time really help?

Refs don't seem to be a problem in the sports where the refs are full time. The nba or the nhl for example. You don't hear about game changing calls in either sport. Now admittedly the sports are officiated different and the NFL is a game of inches. However you are always going to be better at something when you invest all your work hours vs part time work hours. You stay on your game. The refs this year have been a travesty.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Babernakle said:

The refs, the NFL, fate, God, Devil, Muslims, anyone but the Devas, an inept front office, a high school coach, a brand building QB, shaves 3 times before the game?, two millionaires paid too wear illegal cleats, no problem.  Both should fined and benched.  Paul Brown or Lombardi would not tolerate this "behavior".  Let Baker go build his brand somewhere else and take the Devas with him.  I just want competitive football.  For years the GS Warriors stunk with a bad owner but Don Nelson could work miracles with a few NBA players and D-leagers.  Always fun to watch and root for.  This group you have here is not creating joy.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Vagitron said:

Refs don't seem to be a problem in the sports where the refs are full time. The nba or the nhl for example. You don't hear about game changing calls in either sport. Now admittedly the sports are officiated different and the NFL is a game of inches. However you are always going to be better at something when you invest all your work hours vs part time work hours. You stay on your game. The refs this year have been a travesty.

I'll vouch the NFL owners should stop being cheapies and go to full time paid officials. I looked it up, there's 122 NFL refs. NBA ref salaries are between $155,000 and $550,000 bucks for a lot more games and a longer season counting playoffs. If you were paying NFL refs an average of $250,000- that works out to around $30 million. About $1 million per owner. Relative pocket change. They're probably already paying at least 1\2  that for the part timers. I'd bet a lot of the top NFL refs would be more than willing to quit their day jobs for a half million a year. 

Yeah, it's not just the Browns who are getting shafted. Freddie thought (as did about every Browns fan) Baker made it on 4th and a yard. a pretty blatant face mask got missed. If it wasn't for bad luck, the Browns seemingly have no luck at all this year. I could tolerate losing to the top teams, but getting beat by an inferior Broncos team was a new low. Hurt almost as bad as the Byner fumble, as it effectively flushed any chance of Cleveland making the playoffs down the toilet. 

BTW- I KNEW Vinateri was going to blow that FG, called it before it happened. Lucky stiffs.  :) 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'll vouch the NFL owners should stop being cheapies and go to full time paid officials. I looked it up, there's 122 NFL refs. NBA ref salaries are between $155,000 and $550,000 bucks for a lot more games and a longer season counting playoffs. If you were paying NFL refs an average of $250,000- that works out to around $30 million. About $1 million per owner. Relative pocket change. They're probably already paying at least 1\2  that for the part timers. I'd bet a lot of the top NFL refs would be more than willing to quit their day jobs for a half million a year. 

Yeah, it's not just the Browns who are getting shafted. Freddie thought (as did about every Browns fan) Baker made it on 4th and a yard. a pretty blatant face mask got missed. If it wasn't for bad luck, the Browns seemingly have no luck at all this year. I could tolerate losing to the top teams, but getting beat by an inferior Broncos team was a new low. Hurt almost as bad as the Byner fumble, as it effectively flushed any chance of Cleveland making the playoffs down the toilet. 

BTW- I KNEW Vinateri was going to blow that FG, called it before it happened. Lucky stiffs.  :) 

Actually, I think that NFL refs ARE getting paid an average of 250K a year....even as part timers.  (at least I think I read that somewhere)  So, how is a $250K salary not a full time job.

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Actually, I think that NFL refs ARE getting paid an average of 250K a year....even as part timers.  (at least I think I read that somewhere)  So, how is a $250K salary not a full time job.

Good question, and I don't know the answer. Even if you doubled that to $500k, that's still pissing in the ocean of cash NFL owners are raking in every year.  As I'm never tired of pointing out, AT&T via Directv is paying the NFL $1.5 billion every year just for Sunday Ticket. (my math just told me Direct needs around 4 million people to sign up just to break even- they use it as a loss leader to get new subscribers as a one year come on)   

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Vinny should have never had the chance to kick for the lead. The horrendous p.i. Call put us in thst position. I 1000% agree on the refs.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Good question, and I don't know the answer. Even if you doubled that to $500k, that's still pissing in the ocean of cash NFL owners are raking in every year.  As I'm never tired of pointing out, AT&T via Directv is paying the NFL $1.5 billion every year just for Sunday Ticket. (my math just told me Direct needs around 4 million people to sign up just to break even- they use it as a loss leader to get new subscribers as a one year come on)   

They aren't doing it full time is how it's not full time. It is absolutely absurd to find out refs are making that much to be terrible at their job.

27 minutes ago, CoachToad said:

Do you guys really think the Brown's problems are the refs? Wow.

I don't believe that anyone is saying that. The refs have obviously not given the Browns

fair officiating. No calls - benefit the team they play against. Calls that are strange and controversial go

against the Browns.

Like - Garrett got two bad penalties for landing on the qb. So, the next time Baker got landed on , full weight? NO CALL.

Patriots wr shoves Browns defender in the facemask, spins, and catches the ball on a very important down. NO CALL.

Blatant facemask the last game - no call. The last game - Baker clearly had forward progress, got shoved back, and the ref ran over and marked it short of forward progress. Was it last year? or this year-  Garrett clearly was tackled from behind by the LT... NO CALL.

It keeps happening. And yes, it has happened to other teams. But nearly NEVER to the Patriots. Not very often to the ratbuzzards. or squealers. Generally, if the Patriots or squealers desperately need a first down, they simply throw the ball, and somehow, usually, they get a strange "pass interference". It's bad, they raise hell if they DON"T get the PI, even when it's so obvious there was none even a crooked ref couldn't call it.

I've never seen it worse than this year, and it was really bad last year. It seems that the recurrent super bowl teams get the benefit of non-calls and calls, because they make the big money for the NFL. and, maybe a group of refs would love to have some of that big money? It's bs to say that all the crazy bad refereeing is just because of angles etc. That Patriot wr shove to the facemask was one of the most blatant screwups possible. The ball was going right there.

Yes, the oline is failing - but the refereeing is affected the players. They are getting pizzed.

Which, their fault - leads to them making more mistakes than otherwise, I think.

• Upvote 1

How about a Den O-lineman telling the ref his QB got hit in the face.  The teams were already off the field for a punt. And then the ref throws the flag 

26 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I don't believe that anyone is saying that. The refs have obviously not given the Browns

fair officiating. No calls - benefit the team they play against. Calls that are strange and controversial go

against the Browns.

Like - Garrett got two bad penalties for landing on the qb. So, the next time Baker got landed on , full weight? NO CALL.

Patriots wr shoves Browns defender in the facemask, spins, and catches the ball on a very important down. NO CALL.

Blatant facemask the last game - no call. The last game - Baker clearly had forward progress, got shoved back, and the ref ran over and marked it short of forward progress. Was it last year? or this year-  Garrett clearly was tackled from behind by the LT... NO CALL.

It keeps happening. And yes, it has happened to other teams. But nearly NEVER to the Patriots. Not very often to the ratbuzzards. or squealers. Generally, if the Patriots or squealers desperately need a first down, they simply throw the ball, and somehow, usually, they get a strange "pass interference". It's bad, they raise hell if they DON"T get the PI, even when it's so obvious there was none even a crooked ref couldn't call it.

I've never seen it worse than this year, and it was really bad last year. It seems that the recurrent super bowl teams get the benefit of non-calls and calls, because they make the big money for the NFL. and, maybe a group of refs would love to have some of that big money? It's bs to say that all the crazy bad refereeing is just because of angles etc. That Patriot wr shove to the facemask was one of the most blatant screwups possible. The ball was going right there.

Yes, the oline is failing - but the refereeing is affected the players. They are getting pizzed.

Which, their fault - leads to them making more mistakes than otherwise, I think.

Damn right! It's not just the Browns that get screwed, it's all the teams that are considered lower i.e. Jets, Bills, Cards, Jags. The most favoured teams are the Pats, Seahawks, Packers, Steelers, by far. When the Pats played the Jags in playoffs two years ago it was a joke, everytime there was a key play the call went the Pats way

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

against the Browns.

Do you think this is intentional? The commisioners office? Really curious. Not trying to argue.

1 hour ago, CoachToad said:

Do you think this is intentional? The commisioners office? Really curious. Not trying to argue.

I honestly don't want to think that - but I look at some non-calls and calls that are obviously totally wrong.

But like Richardson got a Unsportsmanlike Conduct for his hand grazing the facemask of the qb.

Ok, good call if you always call that.

But I've seen Baker get hands on his facemask, especially on that sack when a defender landed on him full weight...

no freaking call. I suppose we all have to remember some things happen *away from the play*. I get it.

But exactly where the action is, totally obvious, with the ref clearly looking right at the action?

I've some players get up really po'd, looking right at the ref who didn't call, say, pass interference, when it was so blatant...

THEN a flag can get thrown by another referee who also saw it. Now, the first ref didn't "see the penalty..." because....

the Patriot wr shove to the Browns' defender's facemask is the one that really gets me annoyed. The ref was right there, looking right at it. No call. Of course some players have noticed it all this crap. I understand not letting coaches players etc not letting the refs catch hell for a mistake or two. I do NOT understand why the the "commish" doesn't stop it ...see to it that those refs are held accountable, and some of the same names keep coming up. Years past, I've seen Gronk shove off like he's blocking a run play with one hand or elbow, except to turn and catch a pass in a critical situation.

No...freaking....call. I just don't get it.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Did the Denver QB get hit in the face?

Yes he did, so from that standpoint it was a good call- but as a previous poster pointed out- you  might argue that the ref got "influenced" by some bitching. Game changer, as the Browns would have gotten the ball back with way better field position. 

OH BTW, the Giants got screwed tonight in almost the same way- call favoring another media darling Jerry's Cowpokes. G-Men had the 'Boys way backed up, and Prescott lofted a long one to Cooper who was well covered. They were both hand fighting- but the refs called NY for PI. Happened right in front of the Giant's bench. Shurmur and the Giant's coaching staff went nuts about the call. Announcers even said it sucked. So instead of Dallas having to punt from their own 15, it was first and ten from the 40. They went on to score a TD.  

The Steelers got called for a ridiculous interference call that set up the Colts game-winning field goal Sunday, except that Vinatieri shanked the 41 yarder. It was the definition of an "uncatchable ball". 

This thread consists of Browns fans who are struggling to come to grips with the idea that their team is completely shitting the bed this season. It's always easier to blame someone else than to look in the mirror. 

And if you really think the NFL has a conspiracy against your favorite team, and they will never let your favorite team win, then why the fuck are you still watching it? 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

The Steelers got called for a ridiculous interference call that set up the Colts game-winning field goal Sunday, except that Vinatieri shanked the 41 yarder. It was the definition of an "uncatchable ball". 

This thread consists of Browns fans who are struggling to come to grips with the idea that their team is completely shitting the bed this season. It's always easier to blame someone else than to look in the mirror. 

And if you really think the NFL has a conspiracy against your favorite team, and they will never let your favorite team win, then why the fuck are you still watching it? 

Oh but I just love those consipiracy behind every rock folks......so entertaining......if it isn't the BROWNS it's postage stamp costs or no free parking or Bigfoot or who killed JFK it's something.

They just need it I guess so much more fun for THEM to blame NFL, Inc. than the BROWNS organization.........I guess.   Maybe I'll write a book on it. "The Conspiracy Guide to Conspiracies, Vol.I".  It should sell well.    :lol:

17 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Anyone who watches these games can see it. I wouldn't call it a full blown conspiracy against the Browns, but there are certain refs that love to kill our chances at crucial points in games. Maybe it's because of the complaints from the players...maybe some refs hate Cleveland. You know....like the rest of the world. To think that these refs are completely neutral in every case is naive. The pattern I've noticed, is that once we get called for a couple holding, off sides, or other minor penalties, they seem to pile on, and call penalties when there are none. In my opinion, there is a hell of a lot more to this than you think. How do you explain the numerous calls against us, that even the unbiased announcers don't see?....and the numerous non calls of blatant penalties by our opponents, that don't get called in every game? I know it happens to other teams sometimes, too...but I really don't care about the other teams.

• Haha 1