Jump to content
BrownsDawgPound

***Browns @ Broncos Game Day Thread***

Recommended Posts

Hi, Browns fans!   A battle of two win teams play on the Mile City late Sunday afternoon as the 2-6 Cleveland Browns will try to  win their second straight win at Denver in consecutive  years, and end their current three-game losing streak, as  play are in Downtown Denver ,to play  the 2-6  Broncos.

 Cleveland may have an edge to win this afternoon as Denver QB Joe Flacco is on season ending  injured reserve and our for the year with his neck injury,  Inexperienced Brandon Allen will start at QB, with Brett Rypien as his backup.

Browns ended an 11-game regular season losing streak last year, when Baker Mayfield lead the Browns to an 17-16 wi in Denver,  back on December 18, 2018, and was their first road win at Denver at the time since winning 30-29 at Cleveland Municipal Stadium back on October 1990.

Denver though leads the all-time series over Cleveland with record of 23-6, including 26 regular seasons games, and three postseason games,, the 1986, 1987, and  1989 AFC Championship games,  won by the Broncos  to 98 points  74 points in those games

A mix of clear and partly cloudy skies at 53 degrees, feels like 51 degress, is the local gamecast  inside  Empower Field,  for 4:25PM Eastern Standard Time kickoff, along with 0% precipitation, 32% humidity, and north/northwest winds at 7 miles per hour

Lead referee Bill vinovich leads his NFL officiating crew to supervise the field action between tht Browns and Broncis.

NFL also promotes their 'Salute To Service' to the active and retired US military personnel throughout November.

NO injuries to the Browns and Broncos players, end your three-game losing streak,  and HERE WE GO, BROWN-NIES, HERE WE GO! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF! WOOF!  BELIEVELAND!

https://www.clevelandbrowns.com/team/injury-report/

https://www.denverbroncos.com/team/injury-report

https://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2019110309/2019/REG9/browns@broncos

https://506sports.com/

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wow, you took this time change seriously!

Nero let us down last week, so we'll give The Bot another chance.

Z

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Zombo said:

Wow, you took this time change seriously!

Nero let us down last week, so we'll give The Bot another chance.

Z

Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  :)   Deserves a warning at least. 

Merge Nero with our interloper.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  :)   Deserves a warning at least. 

Merge Nero with our interloper.  :)  

Larry I had no idea you are an Astronomer... But I always got the sense you knew "what time it is".. No pun meant... But I have had a keen interest in Astronomy and other things since I was a young kid.. While other kids were at the Arcade playing Pac-Man.. I was at home , reading books by Carl Sagan ( I owned almost his complete library , at one time) , And was an avid watcher of COSMOS.. I like Neil DeGrasse Tysons spin on it too..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hoorta said:

Sorry to the Bot but (must have gotten his feelings hurt) - the "official" time change doesn't happen until 2AM. As an astronomer, trust me- I know these things. I already set my clocks back- and it's not even midnight yet EST.  :)   Deserves a warning at least. 

Merge Nero with our interloper.  :)  

No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

Go Browns! 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Normally the Broncos are my favorite team. The Browns game is the only exception. Two in a row in Denver!!👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Nero said:

No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

Go Browns! 

Whooooooa....wedding drunk is a whole new level. God speed my friend. 😁

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Comeonman said:

Ok robot..... you can’t make these threads if you can’t get our record correct. 

Ok, he's fired again.

Unless we win ...

Zombo

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just watched the Houston Browns, err...Texans march down the field and score a touchdown. Steady dose of Duke, Hyde, and Fells to polish it off. They even did our fake jet sweep inside handoff to Hopkins, and it worked. Their offense on that drive highly resembled our offense when we have Chubb rocking, but do you know what the one difference was? Well, other than them actually scoring, the difference was no penalties. 

You can run the ball well, run it halfway down the field, but if you get ONE holding penalty, or even a false start, it totally changes that drive. How many times have we run the ball well, get a penalty, and then a promising drive goes to shit because we've got 2nd and 15 and everyone knows we have to pass? The penalties completely take away an offense's ability to remain balanced and mysterious, and even though you may do a play-action fake on 3rd and 11, who is taking the bait? 

Man, I totally hope our penalties are kept in check today. If we can truly run the ball effectively without hurting ourselves, we can start to see the offense we all have been waiting for. 

Don't be surprised if we go play-action bomb on our first play of the game, similar to the Panthers victory from last year. I think everyone is tired of all the talk about our ineptitude, and we're going to try and make a statement. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 7moses7 said:

A loss today will get the Fire Freddy thread rolling big time 

it's not a topic without a canidate list.(were the masters at this).plus, Every team in our division waits on our schedule & were plus +1. Freddie can also get his team & himself out of this by seasons end. The Same way Freddie got the job in the first place. Fans posting opinions won't fire Freddie.. let it play out & ignore the haters topics. Were not out of anything & nor is Freddie. and it was You that started the topic..your also the owner of it's delete button 🙄 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Baker Mayfield comes out and plays like Deshawn Watson today. Jesus, he looks like the love child of Randall Cunningham and Joe Montana. Cmon Baker, you got this. 

It's funny, I just saw Hopkins make a contested seam catch that got them to the 1 yard line, and instantly I thought, "Man, I really wish WE had someone like that." And then it hit me...we have OBJ, but it doesn't really FEEL like it matters, does it? It doesn't feel like we have a badass WR. I literally forgot (for a nanosecond) that we even have him on the team because his impact doesn't materialize on the stat sheet, or just watching the game. That shit needs to change TODAY. I don't care if we have to use the freaking WildDawg with him, force feed him slants, reverses, options, or Baker Mayfield doing the moonwalk while spinning around and kicking his leg out after grabbing his crotch and saying, "HEE-HEEEEEE!" before tossing OBJ the rock Michael Jackson style. Make...it...freakin... happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

I hope Baker Mayfield comes out and plays like Deshawn Watson today. Jesus, he looks like the love child of Randall Cunningham and Joe Montana. Cmon Baker, you got this. 

It's funny, I just saw Hopkins make a contested seam catch that got them to the 1 yard line, and instantly I thought, "Man, I really wish WE had someone like that." And then it hit me...we have OBJ, but it doesn't really FEEL like it matters, does it? It doesn't feel like we have a badass WR. I literally forgot (for a nanosecond) that we even have him on the team because his impact doesn't materialize on the stat sheet, or just watching the game. That shit needs to change TODAY. I don't care if we have to use the freaking WildDawg with him, force feed him slants, reverses, options, or Baker Mayfield doing the moonwalk while spinning around and kicking his leg out after grabbing his crotch and saying, "HEE-HEEEEEE!" before tossing OBJ the rock Michael Jackson style. Make...it...freakin... happen.

It’s because That pass goes to Harris or Callaway for some reason.  OBJ is right to an extent get him the ball in those situations. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Nero said:

No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

Go Browns! 

I had one of those too.....just last night.  Went to a wedding....reception.   And still I did not get out of bed this morning until 10:30 AM...and that was AFTER the time change.  In other words it would have been 11:30 otherwise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Donks are ranked defensively 4th against the pass and 19th against the run.

If I were the HC of the Browns, I would give them a heavy dose of Nick Chubb.

Which means Freddy will do the opposite. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, nickers said:

Larry I had no idea you are an Astronomer... But I always got the sense you knew "what time it is".. No pun meant... But I have had a keen interest in Astronomy and other things since I was a young kid.. While other kids were at the Arcade playing Pac-Man.. I was at home , reading books by Carl Sagan ( I owned almost his complete library , at one time) , And was an avid watcher of COSMOS.. I like Neil DeGrasse Tysons spin on it too..

O.T, but a little background on myself....  

LOL, all astronomy time is UT, or GMT. Whatever time it is in Greenwich England.  I got interested in astronomy way back in 1956 with one of the very close approaches of Mars- happens about every 17 years or so. After that, read everything I could about astronomy. My second grade teacher was so impressed what I knew she took me up to the eighth graders to try and stump the little kid. They failed. Used to be able to recite the names of all the known moons of the solar system- but with vastly improved imaging, they've discovered dozens more since.  For a long time I thought I wanted to be a professional astronomer- until I figured out what they were researching at the time didn't appeal to me. Plus to get your Doctorate- only way to go- you have to be pretty crack in physics and math- two of my weaker subjects.  The stuff they're doing now looking for exoplanets would have been considered Buck Rodgers 50 years ago. Guys currently are doing astrophotograpy in their back yards that matches anything the pros were with the Palomar telescope back in the 50s.  

I still belong to our local Astronomy club. One of my bucket list items is to spend a night in Hawaii on the top of Mauna Kea. Besides knocking off  another state high point- it's also one of the primo observing sites on the planet. LOL, bring winter clothes. To get permission, you have to ask the University of Hawaii's Astronomy department first, so they know you're not just some ordinary bozo. One of our lecturers said you can actually see more stars at the junior observatory at the 10,000' level, until you fully acclimate to the altitude. 

And speaking of seeing stars- it's one of the real tragedies in my opinion that due to ever increasing light pollution, a lot of people living in big cities have never seen a really dark sky. God told Abraham- "look up in the sky, and count the stars if you can". OK God- Dayton 2019, 2-4- 8-12. Some nights even less. When I first got my house back in 1979, on a really good night I could faintly see the Milky Way from my back yard. Those days are long gone. Speaking of that- one of the finest nights ever was on a backpacking trip in the Bridger Wilderness about  80 miles southeast of Yellowstone at 10,000' elevation. I'll never forget my big city pal mentioning to me- "you know, it would be a really nice night- except for that big cloud going across the sky".  "Um Mike, that's not a cloud- it's the Milky Way".  :D 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Nero said:

No thread for me today. Wedding hangover. 

Go Browns! 

1wL.gif    Tfyo.gif          

You have 2 hours to get up.

 get dressed, 

get some food

and in your reserved Tavern seat..

make it happen

We all win!!       

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

You have 2 hours to get up.

 get dressed, 

get some food

and in your reserved Tavern seat..

make it happen

We all win!!       

It's rare that I make the Tavern. Too into the game to post about it. Heading out to Elsa's Mexican restaurant with the guys to have some food and Margaritas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

1wL.gif    Tfyo.gif          

You have 2 hours to get up.

 get dressed, 

get some food

and in your reserved Tavern seat..

make it happen

We all win!!       

I've slept 6 hours, I'm actually getting some work done before gametime, might work during game breaks too.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, hoorta said:

And speaking of seeing stars- it's one of the real tragedies in my opinion that due to ever increasing light pollution, a lot of people living in big cities have never seen a really dark sky. God told Abraham- "look up in the sky, and count the stars if you can". OK God- Dayton 2019, 2-4- 8-12. Some nights even less. When I first got my house back in 1979, on a really good night I could faintly see the Milky Way from my back yard. Those days are long gone. Speaking of that- one of the finest nights ever was on a backpacking trip in the Bridger Wilderness about  80 miles southeast of Yellowstone at 10,000' elevation. I'll never forget my big city pal mentioning to me- "you know, it would be a really nice night- except for that big cloud going across the sky".  "Um Mike, that's not a cloud- it's the Milky Way".  :D 

    Same here - three new houses have been built , and two of them love to leave all their outdoor lights on...all night long.

I actually could read a book in our kitchen by the lights the neighbor had on... and they are way out back ! I mentioned how bright they were, and that week, he put in different bulbs for security and planted a wonderful row of trees to block it. Seeing the night sky with no light pollution - like the Northern lights in the wilderness... is amazing.

  and todays win over horseface's broncs will be amazing. (gettin back on track)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

.I actually could read a book in our kitchen by the lights the neighbor had on... and they are way out back ! I mentioned how bright they were

Your neighborhood has moderators you can run and cry to? How convenient for you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Inactive's==Pharaoh Brown/Robert Jackson/Kendall Lamm/Eric Murray/D.Randall/Ratley & Tawan Taylor.. Denver will be missing their starting RT- De'wan James...                                      Ride with Hoyer and a Colt before we rump a jack-ass 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Greg Robinson starting again. 

You guys PUMPED? 😁🏈

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×