THE BROWNS BOARD

Lets get some positive energy up in here

stillmotion

Enough with the negative nancying around.

- We have nothing but winnable games in the future.

- Dorsey needs to step up and figure out how to make the o-line better

- Freddie needs to quit being a teddy bear and figure out how to get mad. To hold people accountable. Benching Robinson was a step in the right direction.

- Chubb should run all over Denver

- Baker desperately needs to have a great game.

- We have our CB's back. The only passing threat Denver has is Sutton for us.

If we shut down Royce Freeman and Phillip Lindsay, we should be golden.

Denver has a great D, but between Landry and Beckham, we should be able to get some serious yards.

Enough of the Bubble screens though. Run some big boy plays.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

- Freddie needs to quit being a teddy bear and figure out how to get mad. To hold people accountable. Benching Robinson was a step in the right direction.

Denver has a great D, but between Landry and Beckham, we should be able to get some serious yards.

I love it, but disagree with the Robinson part. Why bench him if you don't have someone better? You can't bench your LT just to make a point. That's a good way to cut off your nose despite your face, and a good way to get your QB killed. McCray was MISERABLE. If Lamm plays, perhaps it'll be better, but playing McCray was just another bad coaching decision. 

TOTALLY agree with the bubble screen bullshit. Bubble screens are what bad teams run because they can't protect long enough to run big boy plays. I don't want that to be us. 

You say we have winnable games in front of us, I largely agree. I'm interested to see how we look against a non top 5 NFL team. How do we look against the bottom 10? We're going to find out. We know we could've beaten the Seahawks, but we didn't because we beat ourselves. If we make the other team beat us and reduce penalties/turnovers, I like our chances to win AND get some positive momentum. 

Freddie needs to be both a better coach and a better caller of plays.

1) Stop with the wild downfield route nonsense. It didn't work last year in AZ and it won't work here.  Instead, slants, curl-flat combos, etc. 

Brady is a hall-of-famer not because he constantly throws 30 yard passes.. he identifies linebackers who can't cover and abuses them. That's why James White catches 11 every other game.

2) Checkdowns, checkdowns, checkdowns.  I bet Baker would be 25-30 every game instead of 12-30 if nothing else changed but simply having a checkdown available to at least pause the rush.

3) Repetition of fundamentals seems really lacking with both the penalties and the poor decision-making.  Yes, the players have high salaries -- and that should mean they practice fundamentals MORE, not less.  Being on the same page is never something you can take for granted in any sport, at any job, on any team.  This year's team seems like they just showed up and magically expected themselves to know audibles/cadence/etc based on sheer athleticism... which has never actually happened on any team in any season of the NFL so far.

I'm presuming, of course, that they're responsible adults who take this seriously.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, nickers said:

What did you expect? The narrative for the browns hasn't changed in 20 years!... They still SUCK!

Get with the program Nancy nickers! We all said before the season that the run would start AFTER the NE game. We're right on schedule!!😂

Robinson's starting today

20 hours ago, stillmotion said:

Robinson's starting today, lol!

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

And for those talking heads that say D'Arnold is better than Baker, well you're just plain wrong....

I'm bringing all the positive energy I can! Got my Pops coming over to watch with me and got my Baker Mayfield jersey ready to go. 

LET'S GO BROWNIES! 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, stillmotion said:

And for those talking heads that say D'Arnold is better than Baker, well you're just plain wrong....

At this point this would be akin to an argument over what was the superior car between a Ford Pinto or a Chevrolet Corvair. 

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

At this point this would be akin to an argument over what was the superior car between a Ford Pinto or a Chevrolet Corvair. 

Bro...wtf is going on with our QB? He looks AWFUL. Two more high throws, a dropped interception, and no pocket presence. 

This has an awful feel to it, and I don't like it. It's like every pass I expect to be incomplete or dropped, and it seems like I'm right.