THE BROWNS BOARD

For all of us COMBAT VETS (not Air Force chair warmers).

DieHardBrownsFan

ah, so diss my military service - I never did that to you or Tex or anybody else.

But then, lefties can always make up their own rules, and violate them whenever their emotions

knee jerk and it turns them into infantile hypocrites.

and sometimes, like on the national stage...

traitors, who want to keep being bigshots by being secretly in the deep state swamp.

36 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

ah, so diss my military service - I never did that to you or Tex or anybody else.

But then, lefties can always make up their own rules, and violate them whenever their emotions

knee jerk and it turns them into infantile hypocrites.

and sometimes, like on the national stage...

traitors, who want to keep being bigshots by being secretly in the deep state swamp.

Beyond the complete ignorance on display in this post.....I don't think  Die Hard is either a southpaw, nor was his comment serious at all.  (just a little joke)

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Beyond the complete ignorance on display in this post.....I don't think  Die Hard is either a southpaw, nor was his comment serious at all.  (just a little joke)

I agree. Just take the hook out cal and reverently watch the video. You got baited.🐡

EDIT: Thanks for the video DieHard. It is a testimony for those unable to speak.

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

baiting me just mocks the Hero veteran talked about in the video. Which I didn't watch. Too bad.

I hope you change your mind and watch it anyway. It's a microcosm of the whole war and the people behind the names on the Wall in D.C.

BTW have you ever been to it? It's quite an experience. As moving as the Lincoln Memorial nearby especially when you find names of friends on it. One of mine was killed late in the war and his name is right at the Apex where each wing of the wall meets in the middle.

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I hope you change your mind and watch it anyway. It's a microcosm of the whole war and the people behind the names on the Wall in D.C.

BTW have you ever been to it? It's quite an experience. As moving as the Lincoln Memorial nearby especially when you find names of friends on it. One of mine was killed late in the war and his name is right at the Apex where each wing of the wall meets in the middle.

Yes, I have. I've seen grown veterans and women and children crying. Too bad the video is tainted with dh's headline.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

So, are you serious in saying...implying that people that served in the Air Force are pussies?  

(I have no dog in that fight, I did not serve)

Well of course they are. Everybody in the Army Infantry and the Marines knows that.   LOL!😁

EDIT: However I never minded them coming along with their little tinkerbell wingy things and throwing down a few little bitty rockets and 20 mm cannon rounds to get me out of deep shit. Bunch of damn REMFs otherwise.🤣

OK -it mean Rears Echelon Mother Fuckers.😘

whatta bigot.

we had nukes, bombers and land-based missiles in SAC. TAC was the fighters and helicopters. MAC was the transport wing. So we are all supposed to respect your fake whistleblower blowhards, but you easily insult the entire Air Force.

figures. Liberals want to only have rules to benefit from, not adhere to.

7 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

whatta bigot.

we had nukes, bombers and land-based missiles in SAC. TAC was the fighters and helicopters. MAC was the transport wing. So we are all supposed to respect your fake whistleblower blowhards, but you easily insult the entire Air Force.

figures. Liberals want to only have rules to benefit from, not adhere to.

I don't see where this has fuck all to do with the liberal/conservative thing.   Is your life so bereft of context and so warped that that is all you see in everything?

It seems to me that this is all about some inter-service rivalry jovial bantering.   Like a Browns/Steeler fan smackdown.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don't see where this has fuck all to do with the liberal/conservative thing.   Is your life so bereft of context and so warped that that is all you see in everything?

It seems to me that this is all about some inter-service rivalry jovial bantering.   Like a Browns/Steeler fan smackdown.

I see it because I deal with it everywhere - that is what led up to the op title, yah?

BTW, has anybody else been to the Arizona Memorial?  Do they still leave the strafing marks on the cement of the base's mess hall, just painting over them?

The Arizona Memorial is also so emotional a place with so many names: Seeing a picture of it is one thing, being there is a lifetime event. So sad, so stunning. We could have just stood there for a few hours.hawaii--oahu--pearl-harbor--arizona-memo

Pearl_Harbor_Remembered_(94178).jpg

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I see it because I deal with it everywhere - that is what led up to the op title, yah?

You see it, whether it is there or not.  Like I said, that is obsession.  From my personal observations, DieHard is as much of a right wingnut as you are.  Like I said, that thread title was just a little interservice smack talk.  

BTW, has anybody else been to the Arizona Memorial?  Do they still leave the strafing marks on the cement of the base's mess hall, just painting over them?

The Arizona Memorial is also so emotional a place with so many names: Seeing a picture of it is one thing, being there is a lifetime event. So sad, so stunning. We could have just stood there for a few hours.hawaii--oahu--pearl-harbor--arizona-memo

Yes, I have been there.  Also....in the top left hand corner of that picture is the dock where the Missouri usually stays.    It does not appear to be in this photo.... How old is this picture.

On 11/2/2019 at 1:43 AM, calfoxwc said:

whatta bigot.

That is the second time you have tried to paint me with that word. You either don't know what it means or you're just way off base.

The fact is we actually did talk that way about people in those cushy air bases, but when we were out in the middle of "Indian country", there was no finer sight than watching an A-10 Warthog do it's thing in close-in ground support to eliminate those trying to fry our asses. I'd venture to say that even though we tease you, nobody really appreciates more than us the job of those on the ground that made sure those A-10s were there when we needed them ASAP. Additionally, even though my C-141 pilot brother and my B-52 pilot brother try to idolize me as some kind of hero that I am not, I always make sure they understand how much I admired those skills they had in service to our country. And it was an honor to keep that older brother out of Vietnam through the Sullivan Act when I was there.

I'm not a bigot when it comes to that. But I am damn sure a tease. Guilty as charged.🤗

Thank you for your service to our country cal. I don't really ever forget that, even when you piss me off on occasion. And there is no tease here. I mean it.

21 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I've been there in 1979 with my soon to be father-in-law and family beautiful and tranquil place.  Far from the absolute hell holes my father-in-law was in as a sergeant in the Army in WWII which he went occasionally for much needed R&R rests before the next brutal hand-to-hand fight with the Japanese fanatical troops who many had to be killed to surrender.

He went back with his wife and occasionally us as his 26 trips back to Hawaii in particular Oahu for their vacations.  If not for family in Ohio he probably would have retired there until his passing in 2002, his wife just passed this year at 94.....he would have been 99.  WWII tough stock the greatest generation ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My dad spent the war years until 1944+ at the invasions of North Africa and Sicialy on a small minesweeper receiving a Bronze Star and then was transferred to the WestPac to be the chief electrical officer on the BB-62 The New Jersey just before the horrific typhoon that struck Okinawa.  Some smaller ships didn't survive that. He finished out the war on the BB-62 then went to the naval reserves then out to start a new life.

Then Korea broke out and they rapidly took the BB-62 out of mothballs and called him back to the BB-62 as a "person necessary to the war effort". and off he went in 1950 the year I was born first pictures of me and Dad were with his uniform on.  He left Korea and never returned to the Pacific.....he'd seen it bombing the coast to keep the Red Chinese fighters at Bay with their big 16" guns and 20+ mile range.  All 9 broadside would move the big 996' ship sideways in the water........ He passed away on Dec 20, 2002 just before his 80th birthday.

My mother passed this Aug 2019 just before her 89th birthday.....he would have been 97. WWII tough stock!  Greatest generation ever!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Neither of them would have participated in the childish bickering on this thread.

And many NAVY and MARINE US figher and bomber pilots were shot down in WWII, KOREA and also VIETNAM were shot down and some imprisoned and I'll bet NONE were shining their pants bottoms.  Same with KOREA and VIETNAM helicopter attack and rescue  chopper pilots.    Shame on you, not them.

Here's an old decorated ol' veteran of many battles from WWII and far beyond........

.......edit add while we're honoring the deserving veterans don't forget the BB-61 IOWA  BB-64 WISCONSIN and BB-63 MISSOURI famous for signing the WWII treaty ending the war. Also in the fast and powerful IOWA class...... The Iowa class was designed to meet the Second London Naval Treaty's "escalator clause" limit of 45,000-long-ton (45,700 t) standard displacement. Four vessels, Iowa, New Jersey, Missouri, and Wisconsin, were completed; two more, Illinois and Kentucky, were laid down but canceled in 1945 and 1958 respectively, and both hulls were scrapped in 1958–1959.

Screenshot_2019-11-03_104455.jpg

FULL BROADSIDE gentleman and look closely and you can see the BB-61 IOWA actually moving sideways in the water.

The noise was absolutely incredible!     Oh the noise on the other side was also incredible dropping with amazing accuracy just where and when we wanted to have them fall.  An artillery symphony at sea with 9 huge craters you could put a house in on the receiving end.

To the USN designers, builders, operators and everyone else......"can we deliver or what!".

300px-BB61_USS_Iowa_BB61_broadside_USN.jpg

• Upvote 1

My Mom's second husband (after Dad died) was on board as a naval staff officer and witnessed the Japanese surrender on the Missouri. He died at age 95. Very good man and former VP at Kaiser Aluminum in later life after the War. The Greatest Generation indeed!! 🏆

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, jbluhm86 said:

Ah. I was going off of discussions on this thread. Now I'm curious as to what happened.

He told me in a PM so without permission to share it, it has to stay there. The one you refer to was the end result, not the impetus.