THE BROWNS BOARD

List of penalties?

Westside Steve

I wanna say it was around 14 penalties, but I don't know the amount of yardage.  I do know the Patriots had 3 or 4, so that tells you a little bit about how they win the games they do.  They don't turn it over, they make the plays that are there, and they don't get many penalties.

That being said, I will also say that we DON'T make the plays that are there for us.  For example, Denzel Ward dropped a pretty easy interception in the end zone on 3rd down.  Sure, it would've only saved us a FG, but who knows how that could've impacted the game, right?  Maybe the guy he was covering doesn't pay attention and he's able to run it all the way back for a defensive TD?  I doubt it, but those things happen.  I mean, do you remember defensive TD's?  

We continue to beat ourselves with turnovers and penalties.  I don't know who is at fault because you can't really blame a coach for a RB fumbling the ball two plays in a row.  You can't blame a coach for our all pro LG getting blown up and his DL making an interception.  Is it the coach's fault our WR committed offensive pass interference?  False starts?

I don't know man, something has to change, and I don't know what it is. 

• Upvote 1

We may the record for illegal man downfield.  The Chiefs run RPO but they don’t commit as many as we do.

illegal crack back.  Haven’t seen an opponent commit one yet- we have 3.

has Baker been roughed more than 2 times maybe all year?

offensive PI- OBJ gets called early season Higgins got called- both highly questionable - have we gotten an off. pI call in our favor.

illegal formation- these are on Baker.

a lot of these can be chalked up youth, low football IQ, bad technique, stupidity.  

2 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

For example, Denzel Ward dropped a pretty easy interception in the end zone on 3rd down.  

Imagine blaming the dude who played his ass off in his first game back.  Yeah he dropped the int on a diving attempt in the rain.  They say CBS playing defensive back for a reason.  He was in place to keep it from being a touchdown. Also he got those three points back by blocking a field goal later in the half.  The dude didn't allow a completed pass to a receiver he was guarding or in his zone. Came up and tackled well which has been my biggest gripe with him.  Another note greedy played really well also. Gave up a few catches and had an awful holding call go against him. He also tackled really well in run support and in the open field.  I hope those two can stay healthy (big question marks) because if they can they are gonna be lockdown for years to come.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

We may the record for illegal man downfield.  The Chiefs run RPO but they don’t commit as many as we do.

A lot of teams run rpo but their quarterbacks are actually making the reads. Baker isnt necessarily always reading the linebacker on it. Every time we get called for it is because Baker just pulled the ball out of Chubb's stomach  without actually reading the linebacker.  Then he has to hold the ball for a tick or two longer to let the slant clear the linebacker that he was supposed to be reading.  That extra tick or two has our lineman blocking down field. It's all timing that is screwed up because Baker isn't correctly reading the backside linebacker. 

32 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

Imagine blaming the dude who played his ass off in his first game back.  Yeah he dropped the int on a diving attempt in the rain.  They say CBS playing defensive back for a reason.  He was in place to keep it from being a touchdown. Also he got those three points back by blocking a field goal later in the half.  The dude didn't allow a completed pass to a receiver he was guarding or in his zone. Came up and tackled well which has been my biggest gripe with him.  Another note greedy played really well also. Gave up a few catches and had an awful holding call go against him. He also tackled really well in run support and in the open field.  I hope those two can stay healthy (big question marks) because if they can they are gonna be lockdown for years to come.

I'm definitely not BLAMING him for the loss, I was just using that as an example of how we are not making the highlight play.  The impact play, ya know?  It's terrific to get the stop, but sometimes a star needs to make a big time play.  I thought he played his ass off, and I'm so happy to see him out there, but our stars need to make the game-breaking plays, that's all I'm saying. 

10 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

I'm not sure this deserves its own thread but does anybody have an exact list of the penalties from yesterday including yards and offending player/s? Seems like there was an abundance of false starts and illegal formations.

WSS

it's a not secure site, just as much of a risk as this site...but breaks down every call of every game & whom? accepted & declined      www.nflpenalties.com