THE BROWNS BOARD

WEEK 8 -. BROWNS, NFL weekly injury report/ ONE MAN'S OPINION ON CLE +3 and OVER 39 at 4:25

mjp28

WEEK 8 -. BROWNS, NFL weekly injury reports, team news an early +1.5 underdog O/U 43 at Denver Sunday 4:25

The BROWNS open a +1 now +1.5 underdog O,/U 43 this coming Sunday in Denver at 4:25 pm. 

Also of interest in the AFCN     Pittsburgh +1 versus Indianapolis.  Baltimore. +4. versus New England.  Cincinnati off licking their wounds. in the all dogs Central Division, surprised?

Screenshot_2019-10-28_040406.jpg

IN other AFCN news to END WEEK 7 and someone to BOOOOOO against just before Halloween there's this sure to be classic on Monday Night Football.  The (0-6) Miami Dolphins travel to the (2-4) Pittsburgh Steelers in what sure will keep you up late tonight we'll maybe if you live in Miami or Pittsburgh......maybe.  For more on the game check it out even more in the link really there is.    https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/story.cfm/story/1987230

Miami at Pittsburgh (-14, 43.5), 8:15 pm ET, ESPN

Every season, we seem to get a couple of those games that leave us wondering how they were included among the NFL’s marquee Monday night offerings. Don’t they want us to watch?   :lol:

There was no way to envision that Ben Roethlisberger would be sidelined for the season, leaving the Steelers (2-4 SU, 3-2-1 ATS) in dire straits. The Dolphins (0-6, 2-4) opted to turn themselves into one of the worst teams in league history once the schedule was already announced, executing their fire sale in the preseason to suck the life out of their remaining players.

Still, someone should apologize for sticking the nation with Miami at Pittsburgh as if it were ever worthy of such a stage. The NBA should send thank you notes and has to be pleased with its decision to still have their free preview of League Pass in place as it will likely attract some eyeballs it may not have gathered if the night’s game were, say, Packers at Chiefs.

The last time these teams met on Monday Night Football, the Steelers won 3-0, scoring with 20 seconds left. They were a heavy favorite that night too in a QB matchup that featured Big Ben against John Beck. Let's cross our fingers that we don't see a revival of that type of game from 12 years ago.   :o

The on-field product should ideally benefit from both of these teams coming in after arguably their top performances of the season......... continued in the link..........

I'll actually  watch the  game with plenty of  wine and  snacks, nothing  better  to do  waiting  until  Tuesday to catch  my flight back to Ohio.

PS those Patriots fans are  pretty  polite, but then again they expect to  win.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

.......PS those Patriots fans are  pretty  polite, but then again they expect to  win.

Naturally.

Hey they're spoiled happens to alot of fans of good teams,. Good for them.

Joe Flacco is OUT with a neck injury.  Broncos will start some kid named Allen I think?  Their 2nd round pick Drew Locke is still injured, so it's Allen on Sunday.

Like I said earlier, we're going to beat the PISS out of the Broncos, and Denzel Ward is getting his first pick-6.  I feel it, and I'm not generally Captain Optimism.  🤣

MONDAY NIGHT REPORT -. Nothing major to report with the BROWNS. Flacco might go on the IR list.

Cleveland Browns...... 4
NAME STATUS DATE
Sheldrick Redwine, S Out Oct 28
Comment: out
Damarious Randall, S Out Oct 28
Kendall Lamm, OT Out Oct 28
Drew Forbes, OT Injury Reserve Oct 24
Comment: The Browns designated Forbes (knee) to return from injured reserve, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
Denver Broncos...... 9
NAME STATUS DATE
Corey Nelson, LB Out Oct 28
Dalton Risner, OT Questionable Oct 28
Comment: Risner (lower leg) is hopeful he can play in Sunday's game against the Browns, Troy Renck of thedenverchannel.com reports.
Joe Flacco, QB Out Oct 28
Comment: The Broncos are evaluating whether or not to place Flacco (neck) on injured reserve, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.
Drew Lock, QB Injury Reserve Oct 28
Comment: Coach Vic Fangio said Monday that Lock's sprained right thumb has healed, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports. Fangio wouldn't disclose whether Lock would resume practicing this week.
Ja'Wuan James, OT Doubtful Oct 28
Comment: James re-injured his left knee during Sunday's 15-13 loss to the Colts, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic reports.
Will Parks, S Out Oct 28
Bryce Callahan, CB Out Oct 28
Jeff Heuerman, TE Questionable Oct 27
Comment: Heuerman (knee) is slated to undergo an MRI on Monday, Ryan O'Halloran of The Denver Post reports.
Todd Davis, LB Questionable Oct 27
Comment: Davis (knee) limped into the locker room with a sleeve on his left knee and didn't return to Sunday's loss against the Colts, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Nothing major?  We are still missing half of our defensive backfield. I don't think there has been a game yet where at least half of our DBs have not been able to play.

Make that 25%. With Flacco out, I'd expect the line to swing to a pick 'em.

11 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Make that 25%. With Flacco out, I'd expect the line to swing to a pick 'em.

I would expect more than that....Browns by  4-5.

And has there really been a game in which  less than two of the following have not sat out?:   Randall/Redwine/Williams/Ward  ... except maybe the opener?

current temp in Denver, 12 degrees ☃️..Expecting 6-8 inches of snow thru today & Wednesday.. Gameday forecast-- partly sunny, high of 50..20's at sundown  

16 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

current temp in Denver, 12 degrees ☃️..Expecting 6-8 inches of snow thru today & Wednesday.. Gameday forecast-- partly sunny, high of 50..20's at sundown  

Current scoring projection. 12-10 maybe? Nobody scores 20?    Exciting huh.  :huh:

17 hours ago, gumby73 said:

That's Denver- it can snow one day and be 70 degrees the next.  Spent a fair amount of time skiing in Colorado, and that low humidity works both ways on the hot side (90s) and cold. You could have lunch outside at a ski resort when the temperature was in the low 40s and still be comfortable. Also- that low humidity means when the sun goes down, the temperature drops like a rock.  

PS- current temperature in Denver 10\30 11AM is a balmy 8 degrees. Winter is coming Ohio way folks. 

• Like 1

I'm VERY curious to see how we play against a similar team. We should have beaten a very good Seahawks team, but we got defeated by a Hall of Fame QB. Other than 3 awful, miserable plays, we held our own against the Patriots. This week, we play a team that's totally on our level and I want to see how we do. Will we play down to the competition? Or will we continue to improve in some ways like we did against Seattle? 

I'm betting on the latter, and it'd be a severe shock to see us choke. Yes, Denver has a stout defense, but so does New England, and I was somewhat impressed by our offense when we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties. Although penalties have been a factor for a while, I see this as something we'll finally address. This game will quite literally come down to turnovers and penalties, so I see us shoring that up...finally. 

Weather perfect, Baker pissed off, and we're playing a dying team with a 6th round QB in his first game action. I'm not known as Captain Optimism, but even I feel like this game will resemble the Jets contest from week 2. Having Greedy and Denzel back will be exactly what the doctor ordered, and I'm predicting one of them will get their first defensive TD. 

Browns 41

Broncos 13

WEDNESDAY PM REPORTS - The latest stuff......

Cleveland Browns.... 6 reported.
NAME STATUS DATE
Pharaoh Brown, TE Questionable Oct 30
Comment: Brown was a non-participant at Wednesday's practice due to a concussion, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Jarvis Landry, WR Questionable Oct 30
Comment: Landry (shoulder) was limited at Wednesday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Odell Beckham Jr., WR Questionable Oct 30
Comment: Beckham (groin) was limited at Wednesday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Daniel Ekuale, DT Questionable Oct 30

Comment: questionable

Damarious Randall, S Questionable Oct 30
Comment: Randall (hamstring) is unable to participate in Wednesday's practice, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.
Sheldrick Redwine, S Questionable Oct 29

Denver Broncos.....a long list of casualties
NAME STATUS DATE
Phillip Lindsay, RB Questionable Oct 30
Comment: Lindsay (wrist) was limited at practice Wednesday, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Joe Jones, LB Questionable Oct 30
DeMarcus Walker, DE Questionable Oct 30
Jeff Heuerman, TE Questionable Oct 30
Comment: Heuerman (knee) was listed as a non-participant for Wednesday's practice, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Von Miller, LB Questionable Oct 30
Comment: Miller didn't practice Wednesday due to knee irritation but it's believed to be a minor injury, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic reports
Tim Patrick, WR Injury Reserve Oct 30
Comment: Patrick (hand) will return to practice Wednesday, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Joe Flacco, QB Out Oct 30
Comment: Coach Vic Fangio said Wednesday that there remains "a chance" Flacco (neck) is placed on injured reserve, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Drew Lock, QB Injury Reserve Oct 30
Comment: Coach John Elway said Wednesday that Lock (thumb) is expected to return to practice Week 11, James Palmer of NFL Network reports.
Comment: Nelson suffered a torn bicep in Sunday's loss to the Colts and is out for the season, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic reports.
Comment: Risner (lower leg) is hopeful he can play in Sunday's game against the Browns, Troy Renck of thedenverchannel.com reports.
Comment: James re-injured his left knee during Sunday's 15-13 loss to the Colts, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic reports.
Will Parks, S Out Oct 28
Todd Davis, LB Questionable Oct 27
Comment: Davis (knee) limped into the locker room with a sleeve on his left knee and didn't return to Sunday's loss against the Colts, Mike Klis of 9News Denver reports.

On 10/30/2019 at 3:44 PM, jiggins7919 said:

I'm betting on the latter, and it'd be a severe shock to see us choke. Yes, Denver has a stout defense, but so does New England, and I was somewhat impressed by our offense when we didn't shoot ourselves in the foot with penalties 

Browns 41

Broncos 13

Choke & score 41? think again, roller coaster mind?

Ya Denver has issues on Offense ranking 26th but we can't kick start ours either..Browns average 19, Denver 15. POINTS/game..

But Vic Fangio still knows how to coach defense.. Denver in total defense ranks 4th giving up 304 yards/game..Rank 19th giving up 110 yards of those in rushing yards per game..

Yet, If we can force Denver to throw? Yes, we should add to our sack totals of 22 vs. Denver's 17...Denver's OL is not good & our DL play has depth to rotate for mountain air. the Coaching to do so? IDK .. I do know, Garrett & Vernon & Richardson.. have no good reasons to not show-up in this game  

Should be a clusterfuk of flags game? some deserved,some blown, but both teams created it themselves.. Total to date, Browns- rank 1st with 70.. Denver-58

The most points Denver's defense has given up in a game was 30 to Maholmes..

Denver

a) Lost at Indy last week 15-13.

b) Shutout the Titans in Denver 16-0 

c) played the Bears at home losing 16-14 

d) hung around in the rest of their games but KC, staying within 7-8 points  

I've read & seen all the talk of this is a Browns must win & we should win this week in Denver...I'd say, wipe your scoring 41 points of icing off your face 🎂 cause this won't be a Cake Walk cause we have to win...

Capable? yes...

from what we've seen? Hell Nah 🤞...(but we are playing something close to the Jets again, with no Darnold, who saw 👻 again last night)

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Choke & score 41? think again, roller coaster mind?

Ya Denver has issues on Offense ranking 26th but we can't kick start ours either..Browns average 19, Denver 15. POINTS/game..

But Vic Fangio still knows how to coach defense.. Denver in total defense ranks 4th giving up 304 yards/game..Rank 19th giving up 110 yards of those in rushing yards per game..

Yet, If we can force Denver to throw? Yes, we should add to our sack totals of 22 vs. Denver's 17...Denver's OL is not good & our DL play has depth to rotate for mountain air. the Coaching to do so? IDK .. I do know, Garrett & Vernon & Richardson.. have no good reasons to not show-up in this game  

Should be a clusterfuk of flags game? some deserved,some blown, but both teams created it themselves.. Total to date, Browns- rank 1st with 70.. Denver-58

The most points Denver's defense has given up in a game was 30 to Maholmes..

Denver

a) Lost at Indy last week 15-13.

b) Shutout the Titans in Denver 16-0 

c) played the Bears at home losing 16-14 

d) hung around in the rest of their games but KC, staying within 7-8 points  

I've read & seen all the talk of this is a Browns must win & we should win this week in Denver...I'd say, wipe your scoring 41 points of icing off your face 🎂 cause this won't be a Cake Walk cause we have to win...

Capable? yes...

from what we've seen? Hell Nah 🤞...(but we are playing something close to the Jets again, with no Darnold, who saw 👻 again last night)

I said it'd be a severe SHOCK to see us choke.  No roller coaster mind on this one, I've been saying we play well and beat the Broncos all week.  🙂

And you're probably right, 41 points would be a bit of a shocker, but here's how I got to that amount:

I think we're FINALLY going to see a defensive TD, either from one of our young CB's, or from a strip-sack type scenario.  Denver is going to play relatively safe and try to rely on their running game, but they're going to get in situations where they have to pass it, and we'll be ready.  I'd say the biggest thing we HAVE to prepare for is the screen game.  It's something that has definitely hurt us in the past, and you don't have to look any further than the Patriots game to see what I mean.  We closed the score (miraculously) to 17-10 after the worst first quarter you can have, and we have the Patriots in a 3rd and long situation.  What happens?  You guessed it, the 50+ yard screen pass to White, Patriots knock it in a few plays later, and that seemed to be the end of things.

How else are we getting points?  Chubb, OBJ, and Landry.  Chubb will have two scores, including a long TD run (40 yards or more).  OBJ will get loose for a score (finally), and Landry will be the work-horse with 10 receptions, 110 yards, and a score.  Tack on two more FG's, and we've got 41!  Easy, right?  😂

Ok, so maybe 41 is a bit high, but I don't see a reason why we can't put up some serious points this game.  The weather will be perfect, the turnovers and penalties have been discussed nonstop and almost HAVE to get better, and we're playing against a QB in his first live action.  Not only that, we're playing on the road and that seems to be where we win our games.  There's a small part of my hopeful brain that believes this game could be a real stinker, and that we win like 16-13 or some crap like that, but it's more fun to predict a blowout.  

And you know what?  We're freaking due.

40 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

And you know what?  We're freaking due.

Or overdue for a really good game start to finish.   It's like being 9 1/2 months pregnant..... we're overdue.

GO BROWNS, surprise us, soon !

• Like 1

FRIDAY AM INJURY REPORTS - Well it is news and about the upcoming game, well sorta'.

Cleveland Browns
NAME STATUS DATE
Odell Beckham Jr., WR Questionable Oct 31
Comment: Beckham (groin) remained limited at Thursday's practice,Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Jarvis Landry, WR Questionable Oct 31
Comment: Landry (shoulder) was a limited participant in Thursday's practice, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Pharaoh Brown, TE Questionable Oct 31
Comment: Brown (concussion) will not practice Thursday, Nate Ulrich of the Akron Beacon Journal reports.
Daniel Ekuale, DT Questionable Oct 30
Damarious Randall, S Questionable Oct 30

Comment: Randall (hamstring) is unable to participate in Wednesday's practice, Scott Petrak of the Elyria Chronicle-Telegram reports.

Denver Broncos.....lots and lots of names.
NAME STATUS DATE
Von Miller, LB Questionable Oct 31
Comment: Coach Vic Fangio said Thursday that he expects Miller (knee) to suit up against the Browns on Sunday, Jeff Legwold of ESPN.com reports.
Jeff Heuerman, TE Questionable Oct 31
Comment: Heuerman (knee) will not practice Thursday, Troy Renck of Denver 7 News reports.
Joe Flacco, QB Out Oct 31
Comment: Flacco is expected to be sidelined 4-to-6 weeks after receiving a second opinion on the bulging disc in his neck, Adam Schefter of ESPN reports.
Joe Jones, LB Questionable Oct 30
DeMarcus Walker, DE Questionable Oct 30
Tim Patrick, WR Injury Reserve Oct 30
Comment: Patrick (hand) will return to practice Wednesday, Zac Stevens of TheDNVR.com reports.
Drew Lock, QB Injury Reserve Oct 30
Comment: Coach John Elway said Wednesday that Lock (thumb) is expected to return to practice Week 11, James Palmer of NFL Network reports.
Comment: Nelson suffered a torn bicep in Sunday's loss to the Colts and is out for the season, Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic reports.
Will Parks, S Out Oct 28

Man.... Randall can’t stay on the field this year. 

It’s nice not seeing the CB’s names on the list. 

If I was Freddie, I go to Chubb and tell him to load up on fluids and sleep Saturday because I’m using every ounce of energy you have and riding you to the victory on Sunday. But Freddie is probably drawing up triple flea flicker reverses like his boy Haley last year.... 

ONE MAN'S OPINION - the CLEVELAND BROWNS +3 vs the Denver Broncos and the O/U is only 39.

The stinker bowl?  There's not a lot to like here in this matchup of two of the most disappointing teams of the season. The Broncos have lost three games each by two points apiece. Three of Denver’s defeats have occurred during the final 30 seconds. Joe Flacco is the worst starting quarterback in the league unless the Redskins name Dwayne Haskins as their starter. Garet Bolles could be the worst offensive left tackle. That’s a real bad combination for Denver. 

And on the other side of the field Baker Mayfield has regressed in his second season. Freddie Kitchens seems in over his head. The Browns won’t be facing New England’s top ranked defense. Still, the Broncos defense is top-10 quality.  Now what?  Cancel the game?  HEY this is professional football damnit they go out there and play in the mud and snow or even ......55 degrees and sunny?  Hell yeah Cleveland is a -3 point favorite and the OVER/UNDER is a paultry 39 points.

SO what to do?  EASY if you have any guts at all, this is a must win game for the 2019 season for CLEVELAND -3 and take the easy peezy OVER 39 and sit back and enjoy the game.   You can even BOO Elway if it makes you feel better.

19 minutes ago, Orion said:

I think we're favored, aren't we?

Oh yes we opened as underdogs but it flipped to favorites I used TBB last line of now -3 but the Vegas consensus like is now CLE -4...... I'll take it either way because Cleveland needs this game and the O/U is a ridiculously NFL low of 39, you're looking 20-20 as a successful over win.  I'll take that too.  Thanks!

GO BROWNS, just win.....baby!

......I'm not used to seeing the Brownies as favorites, guess what they are ALSO favorites next week in CLEVELAND -3 vs Buffalo.  :o

OH and just a quick look ahead at the NFL WEEK 10 next week.    Buffalo +3 in CLEVELAND.      https://www.vegasinsider.com/nfl/odds/las-vegas

ALSO Baltimore -10 in Cincinnati.    -and-.   the LA Rams -3.5. in Pittsburgh.      Just check it out.   ;)

Screenshot_2019-11-02_162511.jpg

SUNDAY AM - The BROWNS are still a solid CLE -4 favorite across the board, that seems strange to post plus the rest of the AFCN this beautiful Sunday morning.

Screenshot_2019-11-03_090729.jpg

22 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Oh yes we opened as underdogs but it flipped to favorites I used TBB last line of now -3 but the Vegas consensus like is now CLE -4...... I'll take it either way because Cleveland needs this game and the O/U is a ridiculously NFL low of 39, you're looking 20-20 as a successful over win.  I'll take that too.  Thanks!

GO BROWNS, just win.....baby!

......I'm not used to seeing the Brownies as favorites, guess what they are ALSO favorites next week in CLEVELAND -3 vs Buffalo.  :o

The line flipped with Flacco out- as I predicted it would.