THE BROWNS BOARD

Deep Thoughts from Coach Toad

CoachToad

2 hours ago, CoachTodd10 said:

Ok. I have the Browns going 7-2 the rest of the way. This could lead to the wild card. To me there are some huge keys:

1) They MUST win the Buffalo game. 

2) I have them spitting with Pittsburg. If they sweep, 8-1 is a real possibility.

3) I know Baltimore is a sore subject but they are a much better team right now. If Lamar Jackson is healthy , that seems like a tough match up.

There is completely no evidence of that....in fact the opposite is true.  The Brown crushed the RFs in their meeting just a few weeks ago.

Chin up guys. This thing can really happen. BTW, we hired a brand new coach. It usually takes a few years of mistakes to hit your stride. The never ending revolving door has to stop. It is time for OJT. He makes mistakes but I think he will learn from those like  Belichick and Carroll

3 hours ago, SdBacker80 said:

You are right. And SF is gonna roll them.  I wouldn’t be shocked if they finish with 8 wins 

But We will continue to play empty set and put Hilliard out wide and let Harris and Callaway be focal points of our offense.

I don’t know if we have the intelligence to realize our strengths at this point.  Its baker handing off to Chubb with an occasional play-action and the quick stuff to Landry and OBJ.  Present time, Baker is game manager should be a game manager.  

We have arguably the best back in football and our first four plays in a driving rain are pass plays.  Of course We don’t execute well enough to overcome this stupidity and we compound the stupidity by doing other dumb things on the field. 

its the little things....even when i played ball our coach always told us, you have to be alert...on that long run fumble by chubb..we had 3 guys running down the field with chubb...not a one of them ever looked back at the pursuing defenders running him down...they were all looking at either chubb or the endzone...they should have been looking back and at least get in there way...you don't even have to hit anyone.....slow em down....i wonder if any of them  yelled at chubb to watch behind him.....little things...

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

They left Ohio to kill people in other states.  Thank goodness.  But you all can thank Utah for Gary Ridgway.

Gipper, Gary Ridgeway was sick and killed people in Washington. He was born and raised here. You might be thinking of Ted Bundy. Both sick people that I would not blame any state for creating. I knew one of Ridgeway's victims. Dave Reichert who caught him became my congressman.

18 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

Yes, Browns are miserable. We know this. We know this every year. Only difference this year was that we somehow thought we'd be good. And we all feel incredibly stupid, and we've learned our lesson. The funny thing is, that easy schedule we thought was coming, now doesn't look easy. It looks like 5-11, a new freaking coach (which is the worst), another new offensive system, and possibly a new QB before too long because ours literally can't throw more touchdowns than INTs. 

Our QB has 6 TD passes through 7 games. That's hysterical. 

and only 1 td to odell...how does that happen.....i am not sure freddy comes around....he just looks....eh.....bad and lost.....like jeez, i thought i did not have to teach these guys discipline....i think if letterman was still around he'd have a segment called stupid football tricks to go with his stupid pet tricks...referring to the clowns of cleveland...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, browns52 said:

and only 1 td to odell...how does that happen.....i am not sure freddy comes around....he just looks....eh.....bad and lost.....like jeez, i thought i did not have to teach these guys discipline....i think if letterman was still around he'd have a segment called stupid football tricks to go with his stupid pet tricks...referring to the clowns of cleveland...

I know man, it's really frustrating and nobody has answers. What makes me the most upset isn't the losing, it's the world laughing at us. I'm tired of hearing "Same old Browns" and "You'll never guess how badly the Browns screwed up now." 

What's really disheartening is some of the freak crap that is happening. I mean, a foot hitting the ball from our RB that bounces directly to the defender for a TD? Has that shit EVER happened to us? Nick Chubb makes a great run but can't secure the ball AGAIN? He doesn't fumble all last year but somehow he's losing it every other down? It's maddening and I don't know how to stop it. You can't tell your guys not to fumble. They know that. You can't say "don't do a false start". We know that too. Maybe this is just who we are? I certainly HOPE not, but I can't explain not being able to get the ball to OBJ. He literally looks exactly like Ratley out there. There's hardly any difference, save one nice catch. Is that OBJ or Baker? Freddy's fault? Who knows. 

1 hour ago, CoachTodd10 said:

Gipper, Gary Ridgeway was sick and killed people in Washington. He was born and raised here. You might be thinking of Ted Bundy. Both sick people that I would not blame any state for creating. I knew one of Ridgeway's victims. Dave Reichert who caught him became my congressman.

According to my research, Ridgway was from Utah.....and maybe moved to Washington.:

Gary Leon Ridgway was born on February 18, 1949, in Salt Lake CityUtah, the second of Mary and Thomas Ridgway's three sons. His home life was somewhat troubled; relatives have described his mother as domineering and have said that, while young, he witnessed more than one violent argument between his parents. His father was a bus driver who would often complain about the presence of sex workers.[4]

Ridgway had a bed-wetting problem until he was 13,[5] and his mother would wash his genitals after every episode.[6] He would later tell defense psychologists that, as an adolescent, he had conflicting feelings of anger and sexual attraction toward his mother, and fantasized about killing her.[5][6]

Ridgway is dyslexic, and was held back a year in high school.[4] When he was 16, he stabbed a six-year-old boy who survived the attack. Ridgway had led the boy into the woods and then stabbed him through the ribs into hisliver.[7]

Ridgway's IQ was recorded as being in the "low eighties".[8]

Adult life

Ridgway graduated from Tyee High School in SeaTac Washington.   

(It doesn't say when the family moved to Washington)

11 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

According to my research, Ridgway was from Utah.....and maybe moved to Washington.:

Gary Leon Ridgway was born on February 18, 1949, in Salt Lake CityUtah, the second of Mary and Thomas Ridgway's three sons. His home life was somewhat troubled; relatives have described his mother as domineering and have said that, while young, he witnessed more than one violent argument between his parents. His father was a bus driver who would often complain about the presence of sex workers.[4]

Ridgway had a bed-wetting problem until he was 13,[5] and his mother would wash his genitals after every episode.[6] He would later tell defense psychologists that, as an adolescent, he had conflicting feelings of anger and sexual attraction toward his mother, and fantasized about killing her.[5][6]

Ridgway is dyslexic, and was held back a year in high school.[4] When he was 16, he stabbed a six-year-old boy who survived the attack. Ridgway had led the boy into the woods and then stabbed him through the ribs into hisliver.[7]

Ridgway's IQ was recorded as being in the "low eighties".[8]

Adult life

Ridgway graduated from Tyee High School in SeaTac Washington.   

(It doesn't say when the family moved to Washington)

He went to HS in Washington and worked at Paccar in Renton. I got a buddy that went to HS with him and is next to him in his HS year book. I also know folks thst worked with him at Paccar. They said he was a weirdo.

A week ago I was close to where the OP is here, but now... not so much.

7-2 just won't be good enough for a WC spot and I no longer think we have 8-1 in us.

Plus TBH 7-2 looks like a dream as well...

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

A week ago I was close to where the OP is here, but now... not so much.

7-2 just won't be good enough for a WC spot and I no longer think we have 8-1 in us.

Plus TBH 7-2 looks like a dream as well...

If they go  7-2, it could certainly challenge for a WC spot....if not even the division.  Not that they would absolutely make it...but challenge they would.

Ok. I have the Browns going 7-2 the rest of the way. This could lead to the wild card. To me there are some huge keys:

2) I have them spitting with Pittsburg. If they sweep, 8-1 is a real possibility.

3) I know Baltimore is a sore subject but they are a much better team right now. If Lamar Jackson is healthy , that seems like a tough match up.

Chin up guys. This thing can really happen. BTW, we hired a brand new coach. It usually takes a few years of mistakes to hit your stride. The never ending revolving door has to stop. It is time for OJT. He makes mistakes but I think he will learn from those like  Belichick and Carroll

Edited by CoachTodd10
Duplicate

Just want to check in on everyone. This is what I heard so far this week:

1) A conspiracy exists and NFL refs are against the Browns.

2) The Browns are going 9-0 the rest of the way.

3) people are glad that my mother just passed.

4) The Browns got robbed against the Pats and are clearly a better team.

5) The Browns are a lock to win the division.

6) Gipper still lives in the basement of his parents house.

Is there someone I can bill? This is starting to feel like I should charge for therapy sessions. I just got a creepy feeling that some of you are sending these posts in your underwear while your mom is cooking you soup.Good luck. Reach out if you need any help. 

You know you love me.

🖕Off & head back to your SeaNag board...👌we surely don't need you starting Topics here.. Those are reserved for real Browns fans  fyk7.gif     We can send Gipper to visit on weekends (but he's real busy)                          

• Upvote 1

I honestly think we're going to know how the rest of our season will go during the first quarter of the Broncos game. I predict us coming out strong and looking really focused. 

2 hours ago, CoachToad said:

Just want to check in on everyone. This is what I heard so far this week:

1) A conspiracy exists and NFL refs are against the Browns.

Don't know about that...but it just seems that way with all the bad calls that go against us.

2) The Browns are going 9-0 the rest of the way.

That is just a hope and a dream

3) people are glad that my mother just passed.

No one would have known if you had not brought it up.  As it is, no one cares. Many/most of us here have had mother's that have passed away.

4) The Browns got robbed against the Pats and are clearly a better team.

I never heard one person state that at all, ever. They said they robbed themselves with their mistakes, and that they are capable of competing with any other team....if they would quit shooting themselves in the foot.

5) The Browns are a lock to win the division.

No, again, just a plausible chance that it could happen...if they straighten things out and win the rest of their division games. (do you argue that that is not possible?)

6) Gipper still lives in the basement of his parents house.

Actually, my sister lives in my deceased parents house.  I have clearly taken up residence inside your head.

Is there someone I can bill?

Give an estate your bill (your mother's?).   That is usually how I get paid.  

This is starting to feel like I should charge for therapy sessions. I just got a creepy feeling that some of you are sending these posts in your underwear while your mom is cooking you soup.

I think this is what they call "transference"...in psychology terms.

2 hours ago, CoachToad said:

Zombo has a habit of altering screen names of folks from other teams who come to visit or post. Something I can't do. If Z hasn't kicked you off (he's our head moderator)- I won't either. But as you're finding out- you're going to get some abuse.  :)   

I am good. These are good guys having fun. A little back and forth keeps things entertaining. I never get offended. I am as big a smartass as anyone. About 99% of what I write is smartass. 

I will probably not hang out more than a few days but I would encourage more traffic from dissenters. Nothing brings a group together like a common enemy. It creates passion and makes sports more fun.

Who doesn't like a little shit talk? Thanks Horta.

On 10/28/2019 at 7:43 AM, The Gipper said:

You still do not get it.....I am saying Ohio was smart for getting rid of these guys. Hello! McFly! Is anybody home?

and the ones we didnt get rid of the national guard killed the rest

• Haha 1

I had not heard that Gordon had been released....but I certainly did expect that.   And I had not heard that he was picked up by Seattle, until this post.  Interesting.   Pete Carroll is going to wave his white haired wizards wand and make everything right with Gordon, eh?  

We shall see.  Maybe the lack of sunshine in Seattle is all it will take for him to turn it around. 

9 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

In other news, you got yourself a Gordon. Curious your thoughts on the matter? 

I am not a huge fan. Pete has a way of bringing a group of characters together that are considered difficult and getting them to work as a team. Guys like Baldwin, Lynch and Sherman that were on the same team and loved each other like brothers. He is probsbly as good a bet as any to get some value out of Gordon. In the end it will be up to Gordon. I am skeptical but it is low risk. What do you think?

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I had not heard that Gordon had been released....but I certainly did expect that.   And I had not heard that he was picked up by Seattle, until this post.  Interesting.   Pete Carroll is going to wave his white haired wizards wand and make everything right with Gordon, eh?  

We shall see.  Maybe the lack of sunshine in Seattle is all it will take for him to turn it around. 

It is always sunny here Gip. Rainbows and butterflies brother.