THE BROWNS BOARD

***Patriots VS Browns Gameday Thread***

Nero

Hello, Browns fans! 

This afternoon, in a nationally broadcasted game, we are going to face the toughest team in the NFL. 

Browns inactives: WR Taywan Taylor WR Damion Ratley S Damarious Randall S Sheldrick Redwine DE Chris Smith T Kendall Lamm DT Eli Ankou

•  

The GOAT in the quaterback position, the GOAT in the coach position. Both of them have won everything more times than ayone with very different teams. This time, with league's best defense, great special teams (though kicking has been suspect) and a good offense. 

How can we win them? 

Our quaterback has been a concern, playcalling hasn't been any good, Oline is not the best, receivers have dropped passes and our defense hasn't dominated any game. Many wonder if our head coach is the right person in the right spot. 

The line is in -1000. No one expects us to win. 

Fuck that. 

Our quaterback set a TD record last year, we have the best running back in the league, All Pro receivers, a scary Dline, the leader of our defense is a white linebacker playing like a Pro bowler, a good kicker and a fucking hammer if we are punting. 

Every team has growing pains. 

If we don't believe in ourselves, no one ever will. 

GO BROWNS!!!!!!!!!! 

• Thanks 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Nero started it officially on Gameday ... It's a win!

Sadly a loss is a sure thing this week, with a Pats win it will mark Bill B 300th WIN as head coach and would only seem fitting to obtain it against the team that fired him many years ago and since that  he will do it in front of his home field this game is a shoe in without it even having to be played. 2-5 Browns. We were promised this year would be different. yes it is different from 0-16 but we look like the same old Browns we been used to seeing 

Ok BROWNS and BROWNS fans everywhere it's time to strap it on and suck it up and get in there.......no we're not having sex it's football damnit.  And who really are they they just put their pants on one leg at a time......again not sex it's football damnit. Pay attention!  The BROWNS need this game they're rested and at near full strength so let's get it on.

And remember just one more thing.......

cleveland_browns_forum_940.png.b1a9c344d7f40890b0046c59e6906365.png

Damnit and shut that door on your way out.....were not heating the whole neighborhood.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, medicineman said:

Sadly a loss is a sure thing this week, with a Pats win it will mark Bill B 300th WIN as head coach and would only seem fitting to obtain it against the team that fired him many years ago and since that  he will do it in front of his home field this game is a shoe in without it even having to be played. 2-5 Browns. We were promised this year would be different. yes it is different from 0-16 but we look like the same old Browns we been used to seeing 

Regarding  Bill's 300th win. Only  if you're  counting the  playoffs. He's  already  coached  more  of those than  anyone. He has a way to  go  yet to catch  Don Shula.

I'll let  Gipper  confirm this, but I'm pretty sure  Belichick was technically  not the coach of the  "Cleveland Browns" when Modell fired him. Our Ravens  troll  should be  proud that  Artie will  go  down  in history  as the only  owner to manage to  fire two  HOF coaches.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Regarding  Bill's 300th win. Only  if you're  counting the  playoffs. He's  already  coached  more  of those than  anyone. He has a way to  go  yet to catch  Don Shula.

I'll let  Gipper  confirm this, but I'm pretty sure  Belichick was technically  not the coach of the  "Cleveland Browns" when Modell fired him. Our Ravens  troll  should be  proud that  Artie will  go  down  in history  as the only  owner to manage to  fire two  HOF coaches.

I started a new thread on this so as not to get the Gameday thread sidetracked.

21 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Philadelphia in Buffalo with some brutal winds, I wonder what NE will be like at 4:25?

No sure I'd go by yahoo FF?..they predict Sunny & 65 for MN*F in Pittstits :)... Foxboro 4PM East wind at 12mph/70% rain/51 degrees..oddly at 5pm the winds are to slow from east to 6-9 mph/53 degrees/60% rain///rain to shut down by 8pm with winds at 2mph.. per weatherbug not I

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

No sure I'd go by yahoo FF?..they predict Sunny & 65 for MN*F in Pittstits :)... Foxboro 4PM East wind at 12mph/70% rain/51 degrees..oddly at 5pm the winds are to slow from east to 6-9 mph/53 degrees/60% rain///rain to shut down by 8pm with winds at 2mph.. per weatherbug not I

I was watching the flags blowing before kickoff.....they were whipping straight out.

Oh Buffalo a short TD pass.

8 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I was watching the flags blowing before kickoff.....they were whipping straight out.

Oh Buffalo a short TD pass.

watching Bengals bang with rams..10-3 rams..took my FF starting WR Brandon Cooks out with concussion in 1 hit..where do i file headhunting papers? 

11 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

watching Bengals bang with rams..10-3 rams..took my FF starting WR Brandon Cooks out with concussion in 1 hit..where do i file headhunting papers? 

Do you really want to know?   :lol:.      (try next to the referee complaint box in the men's room in the basement by the Janitor's storage closet)

• Haha 1

It is so boring waiting for the long anticipated BROWNS game before kickoff........time to check the FL?    GO BROWNS!

Go to Foxboro, and what do you know? Browns at Patriots will be officiated by the Tony Corrente crew..Tony has the highest amount of games as head referee called (317) since 1998.. Crew has loads of experience starting with Tony at 25/20/24/12/11/2..Maybe a secret weapon? The Down judge with 12 yrs. is a chick from my alum at Toledo Dana McKenzie...For the life of me? the only McKenzie i can remember at Toledo was Spud's McKenzie, the beer dog..but i will take a good look👀

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Go to Foxboro, and what do you know? Browns at Patriots will be officiated by the Tony Corrente crew..Tony has the highest amount of games as head referee called (317) since 1998.. Crew has loads of experience starting with Tony at 25/20/24/12/11/2..Maybe a secret weapon? The Down judge with 12 yrs. is a chick from my alum at Toledo Dana McKenzie...For the life of me? the only McKenzie i can remember at Toledo was Spud's McKenzie, the beer dog..but i will take a good look👀

Isn't that who Darth Vader (Bill B.) ordered?    Let's hope for a good well officiated competitive game.......GO BROWNS, and there are no flags on the play.  :o

.........oh did you ever see Darth Vader and Bill Belichick in the same room?  Didn't think so.

little Help at the half? Indy down 3 to denver at home..Philly up at Bills by 4...Rams up 7 on Bagels.. Bears go up 2 with LAC...all games at half..Russ is on fire up 24-0 at Atl..  

Where's the injury report for today's game? Are Ward and Greedy ready? What's the Status on Hollywood?

RANDALL is OUT?! For fuck's sake.

7 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Where's the injury report for today's game? Are Ward and Greedy ready? What's the Status on Hollywood?

Browns inactives: WR Taywan Taylor WR Damion Ratley S Damarious Randall S Sheldrick Redwine DE Chris Smith T Kendall Lamm DT Eli Ankou

• Thanks 1

Well, it's gonna have to be enough then. We'll win this by playing as one. Swarm to the ball. Watch the flats and the checkdowns. Cover over the top and make them be methodical. One play at a time and when the opportunity presents itself- we've gotta make a play. Eliminate the penalties. Play tough, smart and focused. 3-4 is a world away from 2-5. Get it done by any means necessary. Today is our day. Dawwwwg-Cheeeeck! 

4 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

Browns inactives: WR Taywan Taylor WR Damion Ratley S Damarious Randall S Sheldrick Redwine DE Chris Smith T Kendall Lamm DT Eli Ankou

I'll put it on the OP. 

12 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I'm sorry, busy Sunday. Though I'm in for the motivational speeches, I have no time for the injury reports et al. 

The game will be broadcasted in a TV channel, and streamed in several sites. 

It will also be played in a football stadium today at some time today. 

:)

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I repeat....the inactive list is the most ignorant rule in the NFL. If a person is on a roster, and if he is healthy enough to play...then let him play.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

I repeat....the inactive list is the most ignorant rule in the NFL. If a person is on a roster, and if he is healthy enough to play...then let him play.

it is dumb. 53 man roster but only can dress 46 or what ever the number.

Well, the NFL doesn't have all the money in the  world. Imagine if they had to pay for plane tickets and luggage for all 53 members on the team... 45, now that's conceivable. The NFL is not made of money. 

• Haha 1