THE BROWNS BOARD

XFL

The Gipper

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You have Trinity 

Cost of going around Austin on the expensive toll road back and forth to see either Trinity or UT-SA just prices me out. I'd rather go see the kid at Temple High just 40 miles up I-35 who I have already tipped off the A&M recruiting coordinator through a friend. I've watched him since 7th grade and no smaller division college has anyone this good.

Just now, TexasAg1969 said:

Cost of going around Austin on the expensive toll road back and forth to see either Trinity or UT-SA just prices me out. I'd rather go see the kid at Temple High just 40 miles up I-35 who I have already tipped off the A&M recruiting coordinator through a friend. I've watched him since 7th grade and no smaller division college has anyone this good.

Go over to   281 and take it down.   When I go through there this summer that is what I am going to do to bypass Austin.  I will be coming from Waco. 

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Go over to   281 and take it down.   When I go through there this summer that is what I am going to do to bypass Austin.  I will be coming from Waco. 

Take a side trip to Stonewall on 290 out of Johnson City where you will find not only the LBJ Ranch, but the best chocolate in the world at a Venezuelan Chocolate store called Chocolates El Rey at the corner of 290 and 1623. They give free samples of everything and a talk on chocolate. It's just a about a mile past the entrance to the LBJ Ranch. Worth the side trip. And look for American Buffalo off to the right on your way towards the Ranch. Often see a few grazing out there.

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Take a side trip to Stonewall on 290 out of Johnson City where you will find not only the LBJ Ranch, but the best chocolate in the world at a Venezuelan Chocolate store called Chocolates El Rey at the corner of 290 and 1623. They give free samples of everything and a talk on chocolate. It's just a about a mile past the entrance to the LBJ Ranch. Worth the side trip. And look for American Buffalo off to the right on your way towards the Ranch. Often see a few grazing out there.

I have been to the LBJ Ranch but I don’t know about the chocolate place 

12 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I'd pay to go to the Austin team. All I have nearby is the University of Texas Longhorns. 🤮

I prefer a good HS game over them. Temple High has a great athlete who could play QB, CB or slot. I put his name up here before because he wants a schollie from OSU. Samari Howard will be a Jr. this year. 5'9' 170 with 4.33 40 speed with a 200m just 3 seconds off world record time when he was in 8th grade. Phenomenal hands not unlike OBJs.

UT used to contend for national titles from time to time, they won that crazy Rose Bowl with Vince Young in 2006. I don't know what they aren't getting right, HC?