Jump to content

Recommended Posts

In game 1 today, ok don't know some of the players.

But coaches Jerry Glanville and Marc Tresman some real oldies.  Marc was Kosar's QB coach at the "U".

Next Bob Stoops and Dallas.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Big fan of the no kick extra point and then the extra point or points option.  I’m not a fan of kicking anyway but it’s nice to integrate your skill guys more in those plays and then you can play catch-up faster.  
 

I think the kick off start rule has a good shot of catching on in the NFL for safety reasons. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF

Yep....I agree...very entertaining. How long before we have a NFL vs. XFL playoff?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, lodilobo said:

Yep....I agree...very entertaining. How long before we have a NFL vs. XFL playoff?

100 years (but the XFL might not last 10).  The NFL is having viewership issues now the NFL is pretty much at the saturation point especially when you factor in college football.  Football every day of the week for months.   Plus their schedule is all wrong for a playoff unlike the old AFL vs NFL which had less other competition.

I was even a little surprised when the Arena League folded, I thought small market ball would work but it didn't.

The XFL 2.0 is pretty much big market with NFL teams in the area.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Vince McMahon always had some money but in the years between 2001 and now some money blossomed into "a lot of money" as in billions. He could probably afford to float the xfl along through a couple of early rough seasons. If he can get a few key investors who knows what could happen. The fact of the matter is football is king and I would personally rather follow the xfl then the other major sports. 

The AAF or whatever it was called that just folded had neither money or broadcast partners. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They were smart to avoid sideshow acts like Johnny Manziel and go with guys like Cardale Jones and Landry Jones 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Vince McMahon always had some money but in the years between 2001 and now some money blossomed into "a lot of money" as in billions. He could probably afford to float the xfl along through a couple of early rough seasons. If he can get a few key investors who knows what could happen. The fact of the matter is football is king and I would personally rather follow the xfl then the other major sports. 

The AAF or whatever it was called that just folded had neither money or broadcast partners. 

It DID have broadcast partners.    Like ESPN and Fox or even NBC.  It may not have had money....and apparently it didn't, which was the sole reason it folded.  I guess I don't understand how it didn't have money when those networks were paying broadcast rights fees.  

I think it is just that spring ball does NOT work.  Not the AAF, not the USFL,  not the first XFL, and likely not this.  Not in the long term.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

I would never have opened this thread, I just don't care......

except I just saw this: lol

https://www.theblaze.com/news/kaepernick-wanted-20-million-to-play-in-xfl

Well, that was just silly.  He is not in the NFL because he is perceived to just not be that good. If he were a superior talent.....he would have had a job notwithstanding whatever troglodyte attitudes existed toward him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL  expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team.  (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).

Then they speculated on names.

If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/22/2019 at 11:57 AM, The Gipper said:

Maybe.   But the XFL did just conduct a "draft"   ...not a college draft, but one that apparently picked up street Free Agents, including the following names:

Cardale Jones

Connor Cook

Sammie Coates

Matt McGloin

Landry Jones

Orson Charles.

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/xfl-draft-tracker-results-picks-list-rosters-football-league/jahz8p84e4i61hb8lajqs4a22

Landry Jones....LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 1:57 PM, mjp28 said:

In game 1 today, ok don't know some of the players.

But coaches Jerry Glanville and Marc Tresman some real oldies.  Marc was Kosar's QB coach at the "U".

Next Bob Stoops and Dallas.

freaking glanville is a clown he stopped here for a few years to coach the portland state vikings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ATOM said:

freaking glanville is a clown he stopped here for a few years to coach the portland state vikings

Oh yeah, I remember him well when he was in Houston and used to make jokes about Cleveland.  Then to Atlanta and basically out of pro football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ATOM said:

freaking glanville is a clown he stopped here for a few years to coach the portland state vikings

I loved seeing Glanville, totally not expected. He pops up on screen, and I'm like "that looks like Glanville." Some of his Oiler teams were good. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Icecube said:

I loved seeing Glanville, totally not expected. He pops up on screen, and I'm like "that looks like Glanville." Some of his Oiler teams were good. 

oh ya he did have some good teams left tickets for Elvis and drove his harley on the field but while here in P-Town he was just here to collect a check

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/9/2020 at 10:11 PM, MLD Woody said:

Outside of a few teams with bad QB play, the XFL has been great. Already better than the AAF

Well they figured out gimmicky didn't work. Oliver Luck impressed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Seattle has allot of fans attending the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/10/2020 at 10:38 PM, The Gipper said:

There was a discussion on the radio today that in the event that this XFL  expands before too long, that Cleveland.....or maybe even Canton, could get a team.  (The HOF stadium can handle 23K....enough for an XFL team).

Then they speculated on names.

If either Cleveland of Canton got a team, what would you call it? 

If Canton got an XFL  team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.

I guess we could update that name to the 21st century XFL...the Canton Mutant Ninja Bulldogs.😄

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If Canton got an XFL  team I would go with the Bulldogs name for the history. I would love to see it happen.

FIFY!

Mike

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

FIFY!

Mike

I was thinking it would be nice for Cleveland to have an XFL team but when Gip brought up Canton I like that even better with the football history of Canton.

Here is another name you might like: 

"The Canton Mikes" 😄

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market. 

Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market. 

Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium. 

I agree Columbus would more  likely be the city to get an XFL team but Canton would be a sentimental favorite for me. I would love to see it happen for Canton but no doubt they would go for the larger Columbus market.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The HOF stadium in Canton would be a perfect sized stadium for the XFL, but I just can't see them putting a team in that market. 

Honestly, Columbus would probably get a team before Cleveland or Canton. They could play in the Columbus Crew new stadium. 

That market is the same as this market 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I agree Columbus would more  likely be the city to get an XFL team but Canton would be a sentimental favorite for me. I would love to see it happen for Canton but no doubt they would go for the larger Columbus market.

Agreed, but IF Canton got a team & it was named the BULLDOGS, the stadium would be PACKED & this area would definitely support the Team. No other Pro team or major college program splitting interest. The official beer could be Thirsty Dog Brewery's "Old Leghumper"!!

Mike

  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A local XFL team would be sweet

 

The games today were entertaining but many teams still suffer from bad QB play.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×