The Gipper

XFL TV schedule on ESPN revealed

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

There's part of me almost wishing this frustrating as hell Browns season would just wrap up... 

So no, no interest in watching the WWE doofus try to placate his ego in trying this again. 

It's like the season just abruptly ended -but- there are 4 more games still to play...... almost like preseason II.   :huh:

Feels like cold January is here already.

On 10/22/2019 at 11:45 AM, mjp28 said:

The NFL minor league and unless proped up will probably fade into obscurity with all of the others.....

i kind of lost interest in these secondary football leagues when the usfl ....the one where sipe went to jacksonville....and  it died...at least they had some nfl players that had a yr or 2 left in the gas tank......since then....eh, not interested....and if the nfl does not do something about these refs and some of the new rules,  i may lose interest....getting close for me...i know alot of folks i grew up with stopped watching...so we talk about music mostly....

14 hours ago, browns52 said:

i kind of lost interest in these secondary football leagues when the usfl ....the one where sipe went to jacksonville....and  it died...at least they had some nfl players that had a yr or 2 left in the gas tank......since then....eh, not interested....and if the nfl does not do something about these refs and some of the new rules,  i may lose interest....getting close for me...i know alot of folks i grew up with stopped watching...so we talk about music mostly....

Yes. Since then they were novelty leagues even the indoor football league folded.  The USFL looked promising but.....

http://www.espn.com/30for30/film/_/page/small-potatoes-who-killed-the-usfl

About Small Potatoes: Who Killed The USFL?

nfl_30_30_usfl_134.jpg

Film Summary

In 1983 the upstart United States Football League (USFL) had the audacity to challenge the almighty NFL. The new league did the unthinkable by playing in the spring and plucked three straight Heisman Trophy winners away from the NFL. The 12-team USFL played before crowds that averaged 25,000 and started off with respectable TV ratings.

But with success came expansion and new owners, including a certain high profile and impatient real estate baron whose vision was at odds with the league's founders. Soon, the USFL was reduced to waging a desperate anti-trust lawsuit against the NFL, which yielded an ironic verdict that effectively forced the league out of business. Now, almost a quarter of a century later, Academy Award-nominated and Peabody Award-winning director Mike Tollin, himself once a chronicler of the league, will showcase the remarkable influence of those three years on football history and attempt to answer the question, "Who Killed the USFL?"