THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Monday Oct 21

The Gipper

Here are this weeks Survey Questions:

1. Going on a theme from Hoorta:   What opposing team player, active in the NFL, do YOU hate the most?

2. A. Which player on the Browns has been the biggest...positive...suprise so far this year?

B. Which player on the Browns has been the biggest disappointment  so far this year?

3. A.Which NFL team has been the biggest....positive....surprise....so far this year?

B. Which NFL team has been the biggest disappointment so far this year?

4. What are the 1 or 2 things the Browns need to do going forward this year to get them to where you think they should be?

5. The World Series is set.    Who do you think WILL win?   and who do you WANT to win?     Astros or Nationals?

My own answers.  

1. Going on a theme from Hoorta:   What opposing team player, active in the NFL, do YOU hate the most?

BR being out for the season really opens this category up.  And surprisingly I can't think of any Steeler to hate...aside from the whole team in general. So, the answer has to be Lamar Jackson.  If he were in any other division he would probably be entertaining to watch, but since he plays for the Ratfuckers, I want to now see him get crunched...as I believe will eventually happen.

2. A. Which player on the Browns has been the biggest...positive...suprise so far this year?

I can't really say that this is a surprise,  but Nick Chubb is doing a great job so far.  

B. Which player on the Browns has been the biggest disappointment  so far this year?

I think there are a number that are not living up to what we expected....but the biggest disappointment is the fact that Denzel Ward can't even get on the field.  I think we need him badly, yet we are 7 games in and all he has done in miss time due to nagging injuries.

3. A.Which NFL team has been the biggest....positive....surprise....so far this year?

There actually are several:  The Buffalo Bills at 5-1,  the 49ers undefeated, The Saints without Brees are 6-1; and it is quite surprising to me that the Cardinals have been able to muster a 3-3-1 record. 

The Chargers, whom I thought should challenge KC for the AFC West.  And, I guess the Falcons, whom I thought would be in the mix for the NFCS...not that they disappoint me, I really didn't care.  I just thought they would be better.

4. What are the 1 or 2 things the Browns need to do going forward this year to get them to where you think they should be?

This question is harder to answer than it is to ask.   Tackle better?  Block better?  Think better? Play smarter? Freddie has seemed overmatched at times...that needs to improve.

5. The World Series is set.    Who do you think WILL win?   and who do you WANT to win?     Astros or Nationals?

I think it is a fairly evenly matched series....but I think Astros should be the slight favorite.   Nevertheless, I would like to see the Nationals win. Astros just won 2 years ago.   Washington DC has not had a MLB champion since 1924....which is worse than Cleveland. The Nationals have gone through 2 cities...including MOntreal.

Burfict-he just can't play by the rules-he's sitting out the season for good reasons

Seibert-finally have a kicker

Vernon-I was kind of expecting him to have an equal number of sacks/pressures as Garrett

New Orleans-Teddy hasn't lost a game after Brees went down.

Browns just because I thought they'd be far better defensively.

Stop the run and hit the short/intermediate passes much quicker to help a weak OL.

Nationals likely to win but since my first MLB team to see live was the Astros in the Dome, I'd like to see a repeat. They lost that game which was powered by Clemente, Stargell, Matty Alou and many others.

5 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Philip Rivers and Terrell Suggs 

Seibert - yeah it’s been that kind of year.  Chubb proving he’s legit too.

Mayfield 

49ers

Browns 

Play calling 

Fix Bakers Mechanics 

Stros  and Stros  

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Pat Mahomes

Austin Seibert

Baker Mayfield

Bills

Browns

Take playcalling out of Freddie's hands, solidify some semblance of an offensive line to throw behind.

Astros will win, but God I hope the Nats pull it off.

Ben

Schoebert continues to show he belongs

Baker, but he has had plenty of "help".

49ers

Falcons

Revamp the offensive playcalling, get a little more creative on defense.

Astros should win, I will root for the Nationals, it would be a nice story if they win, but I'm not that engaged at this point.

On 10/21/2019 at 3:45 PM, The Gipper said:

Justin Tucker

Sefarian-Jenkins

OBJ

49ers

Browns

Use a FB or TE in the backfield. Baker needs help and confidence in pass protection.

Astros on both.