THE BROWNS BOARD

Will We See More of This?

Mr. T

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hahaha. And we're back around the bowl again. A idiotic global warming line out of nowhere in the other thread and a Obama Kool Aid line in this one. Genius.

You alleged that the EIA doesn't project inflation figures because it would mean "admitting it's a projected problem I suppose."

Again, that's not the reason. And again, it's okay. It doesn't matter.

Hahaha. And we're back around the bowl again. A idiotic global warming line out of nowhere in the other thread and a Obama Kool Aid line in this one. Genius.

Uh was there another reason to pass this? I must have missed that.

You alleged that the EIA doesn't project inflation figures because it would mean "admitting it's a projected problem I suppose."

Again, that's not the reason.

I was kidding, humorless boy.

(see many think your boy will have inflation skyrocketing soon)

Since that 583 in today's bucks will probably be 5 K in twenty years.

And 583 is a bite out of the average family pocket.

And again, it's okay. It doesn't matter.

No doubt.

WSS

Ah, you were joking. (By not saying something funny or joke-ish.) And I'm just humorless. Must be why I've spent all those years writing comedy. I thought you'd given up that line once you learned what I did all those years, but apparently not. I don't know comedy, because if I did I'd see the comedic genius of you. Got it.

You seem to be suggesting that because of a future unknowable inflation rate this is going to cost a lot more than the $583 the EIA says, probably like $5000. So it doesn't seem like you know much about how inflation works either.

But that's also okay. The world continues whether or not you understand it.

And another "your boy" thrown in for good measure.

I like the other thread better though. It's where you make up things I don't say and then start pulling your hair out about what I didn't say, then claim victory, then challenge me to defend something else I didn't say.

It's almost like you're a total waste of time.

Heck, you are not funny. Maybe in real life you could be funny, but I don't see it here.

Ever.

You're boring, and ignorant enough to continue to change subjects as often as you need to

to cya.

But, if yer havin fun, keep at it. I guess those of us who CARE about this country need

a flip side to counterbalance.

But your boring stuff is tipping the scales.

Got it.

Nah. You don't.

You seem to be suggesting that because of a future unknowable inflation rate this is going to cost a lot more than the $583 the EIA says, probably like $5000. So it doesn't seem like you know much about how inflation works either.

Yeah gee whiz.

Five hundred bucks in todays dollars could never be a bigger number 20 years from now.

Like 100 dollars today is worth exactly the same as 100 dollars in 1966!

Wow.

Thanks for the lesson professor.

(not to mention that nearly six bills is substantial to an average family to throw away.

WSS

~subject change heads up~

Not as long as you keep changing the subject, Heck.

I guess we could excuse this subject changing stuff, if you have legit trouble

paying attention to the subjects at hand.

More likely, Steve is kicking your can, and you have to

change cans often.

I think you sit on your can too much. You need to get out into

the real world or something.

Maybe you could go camping, or sailing, or have someone who knows how to

stick to one destination take you for a drive out into the country.

And, if you are out in the wilderness, say, a national park, don't

go too far into the woods for a potty break.

Have your driver pick out a good tree on the edge of the woods, so you won't get lost and cry.

And do have a nice day.

Once again, I'm doubled over laughing.

I mean, you don't see the problem with your argument, and think what I'm doing is denying that inflation increases prices over time, then arguing with that.

It never ends.

Nope.

Since you'll bicker endlessly about SFA.

You're the Monty Python "No it isn't!" guy.

I make three points. None all that outrageous.

1 Projections over twenty years out are likely useless.

2 In todays dollars 583$ will be a lot more in two decades.

3 Even at todays dollars 583$ is a substantial amount to take from the average family for nothing.

BTW congrats on the "How DARE you bring up global warming in a cap and trade discussion."

Now that's genius.

WSS

WSS

Again, doubled over. Really. I read your posts and laugh.

The global warming comment I'm referring to was from the other thread on cash for clunkers. You can read it here. That's probably why I said it was in an unrelated post and came out of nowhere, was tired, etc.

I don't know what SFA is.

And I particularly liked #2, mostly because it's your second post that betrays your ignorance of what inflation is.

We really don't have to do this anymore.

Again, doubled over. Really. I read your posts and laugh.

The global warming comment I'm referring to was from the other thread on cash for clunkers. You can read it here. That's probably why I said it was in an unrelated post and came out of nowhere, was tired, etc.

Then I referred another post.

Sorry.

But, of course, Cash for Clunkers is only worthwhile as an economic stimulus IMO. Not a cure for GW.

I don't know what SFA is.

Sweet F*ck All. Zip, Zilch Nada.

And I particularly liked #2, mostly because it's your second post that betrays your ignorance of what inflation is.

And that is? Maybe you can show where I'm wrong. A widget that costs five bucks today will cost more in 20 years because the dollar is worth less.

We really don't have to do this anymore.

Unless you have something substantial to say that's true.

Thanks for saying absolutely nothing. SFA.

WSS

Just thought you'd like to see the new estimates, Steve. They were a lot like the other estimates.

And according to you the estimates have been simultaneously too small to matter, too big for families, as well as meaningless, as well as pointless, as well as a bigger number in the future because of inflation.

I think you'd got all the bases covered there.

Just thought you'd like to see the new estimates, Steve. They were a lot like the other estimates.

And according to you the estimates have been simultaneously too small to matter, too big for families, as well as meaningless, as well as pointless, as well as a bigger number in the future because of inflation.

I think you'd got all the bases covered there.

Actually Heck, I don't care a lot about the estimates.

I haven't seen many 20 year projections that are much worth.

Especially financial ones.

Neither have you but I'll assume you're going to start hollering about something.

As for the bigger number I still assume that a thousand dollars in 2030 will be equal to a smaller number of 2009 dollars.

I have no idea why you want to "lose your shit" about that but it is you so.......

Hey I'm sure you know better or will at least say you do.

But it's Toop and assumedly you that seem to think the 175$ isn't going to be enough to change things.

But yes, Heck 583 dollars for nothing is too much.

One dollar for nothing is too much.

WSS

Is that 45% guaranteed, or we all get our $$$$$ back?

No?

Forget it.

The road to hell is paved with "good liberal intentions"

Hey, we agree on something. A dollar for nothing is a dollar too much.

Except that the cap at year 2030 is a 45% reduction in greenhouse gases over 2005 levels. That's what it's for, and it's not nothing. It's pretty significant.

But there's no sense arguing with someone who denies the entire premise.

And we agree on that.

I haven't said anything that's patently wrong, though you go on and on.

I suppose I do too.

Bit anything else is speculation on both our parts.

And I've been over and over the reasons I don't think it will make much difference globally.

OK

Let me give an example.

I say to you the Iraq invasion was the best thing for the world because had Saddam remained in power he'd have a nuclear weapon soon, the ability to sell it to other enemies of the west the intention of using it on Israel and the intention to allow French oil to come in to tap tap the vast reserves and sell it in Euros and that soon enough his sons Udey and Cusey would have taken over even worse than the old man.

The hatred of the US was personal. We (not the UN actually) kicked his ass in Desert Storm. The hatred of Israel (IMO) was PR.

Very real porbabilities though I doubt you'd accept the notion that it would have all been a done deal.

Right?

BTW it isan't my intention to lead the thread down the Iraq rathole.

Maybe a better example is this.

Lets ask Sam Rutigliano, a football expert, who's goiing to win the superbowl in 2012.

WSS

Archived