THE BROWNS BOARD

Concealed Carry Licenses roar

calfoxwc

except in leftist cities...

https://www.ammoland.com/2019/10/number-of-concealed-carry-permit-holders-increased-again/?utm_source=Ammoland+Subscribers&utm_campaign=e2998a5f08-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_6f6fac3eaa-e2998a5f08-20770865#axzz62RierIaU

“In 2019, the number of concealed handgun permits soared to now over 18.66 million – a 304% increase since 2007. About an 8% growth over the number of permits since 2018.”

Let that sink in. More than 18.66 million Americans hold a permit to lawfully carry a concealed firearm to protect themselves and their loved ones. That number does not include the increasing number of states in which one does NOT require a permit to legally carry a firearm.

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Does the weapon need to be in plain view, or can it be concealed under your seat, etc?

Either way. But if you are stopped it is best to inform the officer with your hands on the wheel in plain view that you have a loaded weapon in the car. No sudden moves and do as instructed very carefully and slowly is advised.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Axe said:

As it should be..

In Fla, if you own the property you are on you don't need a CC permit.

in Ohio, I believe it's still true that even with our farm, I need a CC permit unless I carry openly.

Talking to an Ohio State Trooper a county fair, you can carry concealed with a license, except you can't go into

gov buildings ! But you can simply pull up your shirt and carry openly inside the buildings... and must remember to ccw when you exit the building.

Obviously true, I was still amazed. Didn't know that.

I don't like open carry myself. I am a huge supporter of concealed carry. Anyone bent on doing evil will not know who has a weapon and that is a good thing, I like the idea that anyone could be carrying and nobody knows who is and who isn't. Someone bent on being a mass shooter will have to keep that in mind before going into a building and shooting people. The dumbest idea of all is that sticker on some buildings saying firearms prohibited. That is like an enticement for any wannabe mass shooting coward to choose as a target.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

in Ohio, I believe it's still true that even with our farm, I need a CC permit unless I carry openly.

Talking to an Ohio State Trooper a county fair, you can carry concealed with a license, except you can't go into

gov buildings ! But you can simply pull up your shirt and carry openly inside the buildings... and must remember to ccw when you exit the building.

Obviously true, I was still amazed. Didn't know that.

You can't open carry in government buildings.  *Federal government buildings.  Not sure about State or local.

3 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't like open carry myself. I am a huge supporter of concealed carry. Anyone bent on doing evil will not know who has a weapon and that is a good thing, I like the idea that anyone could be carrying and nobody knows who is and who isn't. Someone bent on being a mass shooter will have to keep that in mind before going into a building and shooting people. The dumbest idea of all is that sticker on some buildings saying firearms prohibited. That is like an enticement for any wannabe mass shooting coward to choose as a target.

Exactly. Open carry is just not smart. Alienates some people, and can make you a target to get jumped to take it from you. Gun-free zones are an invitation to somebody wanting to commit violence.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

You can't open carry in government buildings.  *Federal government buildings.  Not sure about State or local.

well, obviously, the federal gov doesn't have fairs...and I did specify it was an Ohio State Trooper. You have to let them know you have concealed carry, it was his job to quietly explain and talk to the person about it, and explain the law that you can't ccw into the fair buildings.

On 10/18/2019 at 4:48 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

Either way. But if you are stopped it is best to inform the officer with your hands on the wheel in plain view that you have a loaded weapon in the car. No sudden moves and do as instructed very carefully and slowly is advised

shut your mouth!!

1 hour ago, LBC mike said:

don't tell people what not to do when they get pulled over.   if you can't figure it out it is called survival of the fittest or smart in this case.  weeding out the gene pool.

Well even though I may disagree about some political things here with some, several also travel to Texas from time to time and have cc permits with reciprocity in our state, or they carry in their cars. I wish no harm to anyone here and would rather they be informed of how we are instructed when preparing for the state LTC. I would not want anyone "weeded from the gene pool" that happens to read this thread who is visiting here with a loaded weapon in their car.

BTW there are two levels of notification that can be posted here. One level informs you not to carry unless it is concealed & with the proper LTC. The other tells you not to carry at all. The language, size & location of the posting is very specific for both. The 3rd level is you can carry either way if there is no sign posted at all as long as you have the LTC and it meets the definition of where you may carry.  I have never seen a sign here prohibiting both except on buildings like hospitals that the law says you cannot carry in anyway.  I often see the one prohibiting open carry only, almost always on grocery stores & restaurants.

3 hours ago, LBC mike said:

don't tell people what not to do when they get pulled over.   if you can't figure it out it is called survival of the fittest or smart in this case.  weeding out the gene pool.

here in Ohio, until they changed the law, NOT informing an officer immediately if you are carrying was a felony, I think. They changed that, but still.

You have a gun in your car? ccw? Then when pulled over, you had better be cool, turn on your dome light, hands on steering wheel, and inform the officer upfront that you have your gun on you, and simply comply with his instructions on getting out of the car, etc.