THE BROWNS BOARD

What is your REVISED *OCTOBER PREDICTION of the 2019 season record? *DECEMBER Review.

mjp28

WHAT IS YOUR REVISED OCTOBER PREDICTION OF THE 2019 BROWNS SEASON RECORD?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. WHAT IS YOUR REVISED OCTOBER PREDICTION OF THE 2019 BROWNS SEASON RECORD?

So a big "do-over" in this WEEK 7 bye week.  Forget your original predictions on the 2019 BROWNS season record, this is your opportunity to reevaluate and guess again!

And your thoughts and opinions are welcome.  :D

The final 9 games all winnable.

if we can clean it up and Baker and Freddie get right. Huge ifs.  

I can see 8-1, but officiating and stupidity losing a game resulting in 7-2.

i see a spirited Browns team hanging and losing at the end to the Pats kick starting off this run.

so I got 9-7 and I’m still drinking the koolaid I guess 

2 hours ago, mjp28 said:

So a big "do-over" in this WEEK 7 bye week.  Forget your original predictions on the 2019 BROWNS season record, this is your opportunity to reevaluate and guess again!

And your thoughts and opinions are welcome.  :D

First tell me what I said this summer. 🤪🤣

But I'll go with 6 or 7. Ask again after two games with Hunt back on the team.😁

Despite my current frustration with the game-time decision making logic. I have new hope after looking at the schedule.

We can lose to the Patriots (I don’t think we’ll lose, Coach may actually respect this opponent) and lose to either the Bills or Ravens and STILL finish 10-6.

I’m worried about trap games like the Cardinals game, however. 

Hate to say it, but I went with 8-8 and I hope I'm wrong. 

I have a bad feeling about the next 2 games, both NE & Denver are houses of horror for the Browns, historically speaking. 

Now if the Browns implement a better protection scheme, like using one of their TEs as a FB, maybe, just maybe they'll be ok. There were signs of hop ein the Seattle game that the offense was clicking, but I still think the one-back set is a bad idea with an average pass blocking O-line. 

I said 8-8 which will probably be good enough to win the division, assuming we beat the Ravens again and then the Steelers twice. We haven't seen Vag around lately, he's probably crying that besides Ben out for the year, Rudolph concussed, and now Tuitt- who was playing gangbusters is out for the year. The Game against the Bills is looking a lot tougher than before the season started.  

In the if you were paying attention department I had the scale starting at 12 wins but changed it to 13 to see if any die-hards with orange glasses would pick it.

Since there's only 10 games left the maximum if they won out would be a 12-4 mark or 11-5 if they went 9-1.

I think that this division might be won with 9 or 10 wins this season still doable for the BROWNS but can they live up to expectations and get it.

We'll see.  ;)

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

I said 8-8 which will probably be good enough to win the division, assuming we beat the Ravens again and then the Steelers twice. We haven't seen Vag around lately, he's probably crying that besides Ben out for the year, Rudolph concussed, and now Tuitt- who was playing gangbusters is out for the year. The Game against the Bills is looking a lot tougher than before the season started.  

I'm not worried about their offence, but their D (meaning Steelers, Bills, and Broncos).

12-4. 

3-4 … Steal this game vs. the Patriots. Get Ward, Greedy and Higgins back.

4-4 … Beat the Broncos for all those years ago. They aren't as good as us. 

5-4 … Get Hunt back. Run the ball down the Bills throat. 

6-4 … Win another division game here vs. the Stealers. 

7-4 … Get Njoku back and make the Dolphins call in the rest of the season. 

8-4 … Stealers, remember us? Do it again. 

9-4 … 10-4 … The Bungles and the Cardinals get it too...

11-4 … Best the Ravens again for the division. 

12-4 … Bengals are still recovering from the last beating.

12-4 Anything less is giving up. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, PoeticG said:

12-4. 

3-4 … Steal this game vs. the Patriots. Get Ward, Greedy and Higgins back.

4-4 … Beat the Broncos for all those years ago. They aren't as good as us. 

5-4 … Get Hunt back. Run the ball down the Bills throat. 

6-4 … Win another division game here vs. the Stealers. 

7-4 … Get Njoku back and make the Dolphins call in the rest of the season. 

8-4 … Stealers, remember us? Do it again. 

9-4 … 10-4 … The Bungles and the Cardinals get it too...

11-4 … Best the Ravens again for the division. 

12-4 … Bengals are still recovering from the last beating.

Puff, puff, PASS. 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Orion said:

Same as I stated before game one.   9-7

How boring!  :lol:

.......but probably true.

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

I originally said 9-7 and will stand on that. The back half of the schedule should help. 

Also boring!  :lol:

.......but that's why they play the game, to see if we're correct on our prognostications..

• Like 1

11 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Also boring!  :lol:

.......but that's why they play the game, to see if we're correct on our prognostications..

If it makes you feel any better, I am terrified of a 6-10 season. 

• Sad 1

6-10

We're undisciplined, we turn the ball over, we don't throw TD passes, we don't score DEFENSIVE TDs, and we don't make the plays when they matter the most.  That's the biggest thing, right there.  When we need to make something happen, when the game is ON THE LINE...we choke.  Basically, this team has absolutely NO MAGIC.  Zip, zilch, nada, nil.  Let me ask you, how many people on this board felt like we were going to go down the field and score against the Seahawks to win the game?  I think it's a safe bet that not many of us thought we were just going to march down the field and win.  That right there...that expectation that something great is going to happen...THAT'S what is missing from our team.  We still expect to step on our Johnson, and it's a self-fulfilling prophecy.  We HOPE someone on the team will make a play instead of EXPECTING to make the play.

NOW...if "something" changes?  If we find the "magic"?  I'm telling you, we're a play or two away from winning some games, and I know that most teams in the NFL can say that, but you have to figure our big names are going to start making big plays.  Garrett gets a strip-sack that's returned for a TD.  OBJ one-handed grab for 7.  Chubb breaking loose, Greedy pick-6...whatever.   We start making those 2-3 great plays a game, and we can be something.  We can win the division, but we have to stop beating ourselves and start stringing together wins.  Now. 

• Upvote 1

On 10/17/2019 at 4:57 PM, MDDawg said:

Not really a revision for me as my preseason prediction was 10-6 . They're currently a game behind my expectations by losing the Tennessee game.

I hope that you are right, my preseason pick was *9-5-1 and I'm going to join the majority here and go with my original pick here and go with *9-5-1......but with no ties yet 9-7 also looks possible.

Boring huh.  :huh:

.......* yes I know it was 9-6-1 but even that looks like a stretch right now.

4 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I hope that you are right, my preseason pick was 9-5-1 and I'm going to join the majority here and go with my original pick here and go with 9-5-1......but with no ties yet 9-7 also looks possible.

Boring huh.  :huh:

9-5-1 = 15 games.          Kind of missed that from the getgo.😂

So the vote is 2:1 8-8 or better. Just watch if we lose to the Patriots how the vulture negators will start circling, proclaiming the Season is OVER!!!!!

OTOH, beat the Patriots, and it's Super Bowl, HERE WE COME!!!!!  

1 hour ago, TexasAg1969 said:

9-5-1 = 15 games.          Kind of missed that from the getgo.😂

1 DNP.   No actually it was 9-6-1.   

• Haha 1

On 10/16/2019 at 5:51 PM, PoeticG said:

3-4 … Steal this game vs. the Patriots. Get Ward, Greedy and Higgins back. L, if Greedy & Ward are free to play man on man? we got to score 20'ish & stop RB dinks?

4-4 … Beat the Broncos for all those years ago. They aren't as good as us. W

5-4 … Get Hunt back. Run the ball down the Bills throat. L, best defense we play left on schedule..and it's not going well

6-4 … Win another division game here vs. the Stealers. W

7-4 … Get Njoku back and make the Dolphins call in the rest of the season. W

8-4 … Stealers, remember us? Do it again. L????

9-4 … 10-4 … The Bungles and the Cardinals get it too... W/W

11-4 … Best the Ravens again for the division. W

12-4 … Bengals are still recovering from the last beating. W

7-3 is realistic of what's left?... Can we beat Pitt in Pitt? Heck... we got to have it... 9-7 maybe 10-6..Chubb & Hunt must move the chains & the 2nd & 20's has got to stop 🛑 

1. Browns record? 11-5

Above was my response to Dutch's Questions... woulda swore I was at 10-6 and no revision required, but I was one high.

10-6... very doable... even if we drop out next 2....

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Above was my response to Dutch's Questions... woulda swore I was at 10-6 and no revision required, but I was one high.

10-6... very doable... even if we drop out next 2....

Yeah let's blame Dutch on the BROWNS disappointing start!  It's all his fault with his damn questions.     :lol:

• Haha 1

I don't know about a specific record, but I still think the Browns take the division.

The key obviously is beating the other teams in this division....which they have done so far.  They haven't done well vs. the NFC West,  but losing non-conference games is the least harmful defeats a team can have. 

Even at this point the Browns DO have the best record in the division:  1-0.   (Balt. is 2-1, Pitt 1-1, Cin 0-2)

And even at this point the Browns DO have the best conference record:  2-1  (Balt 3-2, Pitt. 2-2, Cin 0-3)

Baltimore has yet to play  SF/Sea/LA Rams.      Pitt has played...and lost to both the 49ers and Seahawks, as have the Browns. 

And just figure this out:   Things are going to change.  I mean, while I didn't do it this week due to being away,  If the playoffs started today, the Oakland Raiders would be in the playoffs.  How many of you think that is going to happen?

On 10/19/2019 at 8:27 PM, The Gipper said:

I don't know about a specific record, but I still think the Browns take the division.

The key obviously is beating the other teams in this division....which they have done so far.  They haven't done well vs. the NFC West,  but losing non-conference games is the least harmful defeats a team can have. 

At 5-2 and the nearest AFCN teams at 2-5 Baltimore can just finish 5-4 they can go 10-6 and almost guarantee a division win.  The BROWNS or steelers would have to go 8-1 to tie that mark.  The Bills have an inside track for an AFC wild card spot so there will probably be only one AFCN playoff team. If Baltimore falls flat it might be interesting.

The blackbirds remaining schedule:

NEW ENGLAND
at Cincinnati
HOUSTON
at LA Rams (Mon)
SAN FRANCISCO
at Buffalo
NY JETS (Thur)
at Cleveland
PITTSBURGH

Cleveland's remaining schedule:

at New England
at Denver
BUFFALO
PITTSBURGH (Thur)
MIAMI
at Pittsburgh
CINCINNATI
at Arizona
BALTIMORE
at Cincinnati

While we're at it the Bills remaining schedule:

PHILADELPHIA
WASHINGTON
at Cleveland
at Miami
DENVER
at Dallas (Thanks)
BALTIMORE
at Pittsburgh
at New England
NY JETS

Well.....see my "If the Playoffs started today" thread, and you will note that the Texans at 4-3 are currently the second WC.  Browns only  1.5 games out of that. And also note that nothing has changed from my mention above that the Browns still have the best division record, and the best conference record.  Going forward, they have to win their remaining 5 division games, and their other conf. games....of which, obviously, the toughest ones will be v. the Pats and Bills.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well.....see my "If the Playoffs started today" thread, and you will note that the Texans at 4-3 are currently the second WC.  Browns only  1.5 games out of that. And also note that nothing has changed from my mention above that the Browns still have the best division record, and the best conference record.  Going forward, they have to win their remaining 5 division games, and their other conf. games....of which, obviously, the toughest ones will be v. the Pats and Bills.

I'm looking at the entire season and schedule and who might make it NOT just who has had the easiest schedule so far.

7 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

I'm looking at the entire season and schedule and who might make it NOT just who has had the easiest schedule so far.

Yea, so isn't everyone.  And when you look at the entire season and schedule, you will see that the Browns likely have had one of the toughest schedules so far, and that the remainder of their schedule is significantly easier....which, hopefully, means that they can amass many wins here in the rest of the season.   And while I generally look at a snapshot of what things would be like right now.....I am still mindful of the fact that it is only what the standings are at the end of the season that is definitive as to who does or does not make the playoffs.   Browns are on the outside looking in right now.  They certainly have the opportunity to get in on the inside....if they do things right.  (Questionable that they do things right?  Sure....but I still think they have a fair chance)