THE BROWNS BOARD

Jalen Ramsey traded

darren15

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

That’s a lot of capital to give up 

No kidding, Way too much in my estimation.

3 hours ago, D Bone said:

Panic is setting in for the Boy Genius. 

Again, no kidding 3-3, looking up at the 5-1 Seahawks and 5-0 49ers. Plus tiebreaker division losses to both of them. Looking at their schedule they have four "gimmies" left, Atlanta, the Bungles, and Cardinals twice. The other games are considerably tougher. They're probably going to need to go no worse than 7-3 the rest of the way out to even make the playoffs.   

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

No kidding, Way too much in my estimation.

Again, no kidding 3-3, looking up at the 5-1 Seahawks and 5-0 49ers. Plus tiebreaker division losses to both of them. Looking at their schedule they have four "gimmies" left, Atlanta, the Bungles, and Cardinals twice. The other games are considerably tougher. They're probably going to need to go no worse than 7-3 the rest of the way out to even make the playoffs.   

I'm not gonna qualify both AZ games as gimmies. The are improving fast, Murray looks for real. LA could beat them both games, but I definitely don't think winning both is a given. 

10 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

It seemed a tad high, it was a no brainer for Jags considering he simply was refusing to play anymore any how (mystery bad back). Jags' D is a notch worse, without question. The guy is maybe the best CB there is right now. 

48 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

My thought as well. Anyone know if a steeper draft capital price has ever been paid for a CB? 

for a CB? no.. Rams received 3 1st in 12/13/14 & a 2012 2nd for RG3..ranks 4th. The #1 all time was Ricky Williams from the Redskins. The only difference from Ramsey trade was *no* 3rd/5th/6th nor 7th rounders👀....This will get laughable if Rams can't re-sign Ramsey 💰  

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2019 at 3:12 AM, LondonBrown said:

Not really for a proven, consensus top three CB...

You could spent all three of those picks in actual drafts and not land a star CB you could include on a list with Ramsey... and you have him thru 2020.

Peters being moved surprised me some, but he's an FA after this season... and you were never going to be able to keep both.

On 10/16/2019 at 3:17 PM, Icecube said:

It seemed a tad high, it was a no brainer for Jags considering he simply was refusing to play anymore any how (mystery bad back). Jags' D is a notch worse, without question. The guy is maybe the best CB there is right now. 

and we get to see when they play the Bungles this Sunday....  

On 10/18/2019 at 7:58 PM, Tour2ma said:

Peters being moved surprised me some, but he's an FA after this season... and you were never going to be able to keep both.

we lost a game to Rams..But we just won on this trade..Twice!!  https://espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27882315/sources-rams-offer-browns-joel-bitonio-sparked-flurry-trades-last-week  Corbett is inactive Rams at Falcons       

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

we lost a game to Rams..But we just won on this trade..Twice!!  https://espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27882315/sources-rams-offer-browns-joel-bitonio-sparked-flurry-trades-last-week  Corbett is inactive Rams at Falcons       

Interesting. Glad to see Dorsey ixnay trading Bito. It’s pretty clear to me the team needs to get their shit together on the OL, and trading a building block away just means you gotta find another building block to build upon. 

16 minutes ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Interesting. Glad to see Dorsey ixnay trading Bito. It’s pretty clear to me the team needs to get their shit together on the OL, and trading a building block away just means you gotta find another building block to build upon. 

seems like a weird phone call just testing Dorsey's attachments to his former players again.. And the Rams went high on the list of making our biggest issue a worse one.Good on Dorsey to bail on his own draft choice. Arron Donald would be the only player on Rams roster to consider for Joel...and Marcus Peters plays the wrong position to help us, even if he played any a WR..