THE BROWNS BOARD

Corbett traded to LA Rams

LondonBrown

Bet: a 7th. 

He didn't win a spot even when we were running thin of Olinemen. That tells you a lot. 

1 hour ago, LondonBrown said:

Dorseys drafting hasn’t been as stellar as people like to make out. 

I was just going to post that his 2018 Draft isn't looking as Steelers 1974 Draft-like anymore. 

(The Steelers drafted like 34 future HOFers that year) 

Ok, Corbett was a miss. I applaud Dorsey for getting SOMETHING for him & admitting he was a "miss" by trading him. Our previous GMs would hang onto mistakes forever rather than admit they were mistakes. I'll live with Dorsey's track record...NOBODY is right all the time.

Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

51 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Ok, Corbett was a miss. I applaud Dorsey for getting SOMETHING for him & admitting he was a "miss" by trading him. Our previous GMs would hang onto mistakes forever rather than admit they were mistakes. I'll live with Dorsey's track record...NOBODY is right all the time.

Mike

I agree that we should be glad that he didn't keep him around because it was 'his pick', but drafting with the 33rd overall pick (one pick away from being a first rounder) a guy and 6 weeks into his second year trading him after 15 snap counts as a Brown (per Pro Football Reference) while having concerns and injuries in the Oline is a big miss in my opinion. 

Today is not a day to applaud Dorsey. 

13 minutes ago, Nero said:

A 5th rounder in 2021 is like a 7th in 2020 in trading standards, right? 

I guess that is the old saying... I never understood the thinking behind that though.

A 5th round pick is a 5th round pick when it is used, one year from now or 40 years from now. 

Well, glad to see him gone.......finally.

I was pushing for him to not make the final roster and was a bit miffed when he did. Hopefully, we didnt cut someone who could have helped(doubt it tho)

I will say Id MUCH rather get a 5th rounder over cutting a guy.....so theres that.....

3 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I guess that is the old saying... I never understood the thinking behind that though.

A 5th round pick is a 5th round pick when it is used, one year from now or 40 years from now. 

Well, it makes sense for me. Current money has more value than future money, because it gives you option now. It's like having 1000 in cash instead of 1100 in unpaid bills by your employers. 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

Well, it makes sense for me. Current money has more value than future money, because it gives you option now. It's like having 1000 in cash instead of 1100 in unpaid bills by your employers. 

I'm a big picture, long game type of fella....😃

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Just now, Dutch Oven said:

Everyone is like that untill you don't have money to pay your OWN bills and the bank is at the door. 

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

Everyone is like that untill you don't have money to pay your OWN bills and the bank is at the door. 

We Italians are usually the ones showing up at people's door to collect money, though. 😄

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Dutch Oven said:

We Italians are usually the ones showing up at people's door to collect money, though. 😄

LOL. In some kind of sense, the mob was a bank at certain points in time... 

1 hour ago, Unsympathetic said:

A 5th rounder is at best a future Genard Avery.. 

2018 5th round draft...

1.) pick 5.1, Kizer was traded to GB. Browns flip from 5.1 to 5.13.

2.) at 5.13 Browns select Genard Avery (at 5.1 GB took OL Cole Mason,now a 3rd team Center) 

3.) pick 5.22 Browns received from KC for Cam Erving.. Browns traded pick to Pats. Pats traded pick to Oak. Oak. traded pick to Colts for WR Daurice Fountain...

Browns 2 highest OL picks have now both been traded for 5th round picks...

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

2018 5th round draft...1.) 5.1 Kizer was traded to GB. Browns flip from 5.1 to 5.13. 2) at 5.13 Browns select Genard Avery (at 5.1 GB took OL Cole Mason)  3.) pick 5.22 Browns received from KC for Cam Erving.. Browns traded pick to Pats. Pats traded pick to Oak. Oak. traded pick to Colts for WR Daurice Fountain... Browns 2 highest OL picks have now both been traded for 5th round picks...

brain hurts What ? is there something important here ?

4 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

For an undisclosed draft pick. 

Amazed we got more than a sack of seeds for him....  It's been noted in the past Dorsey's talent for drafting OL is as bad as it is good at other positions. No one bats 1.000 in the draft, and if you made a mistake, ship it out. Wonder if Dorsey will be working the phones during the bye week to see if there's any OL talent out there that's available at a decent cost.  

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Bet: a 7th. 

He didn't win a spot even when we were running thin of Olinemen. That tells you a lot. 

That we got a 5th is pretty amazing.... I thought the Rams were going to eat a lot of his rookie deal, but not the case.  He only makes a little over $500k this year, and the Rams can tell him adios next year for slightly more than that.  

1 hour ago, Nero said:

Wait, wut? ;) 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Remember.. We Italians don't like any witnesses , let alone Jehovahs witness!