THE BROWNS BOARD

I think you can Stop saying blaming the refs is an excuse

Babernakle

Yes baker throw three int’s, yes Chubb fumbled.and there was sloppy play, but and here the but a lot of this stems from the refs and there  unprecedented hatred of the browns.  And as your reading this your say it’s not the refs, but have your ever really thought about the  consequences of their call.  One bad call that turns into two not only stops drives but it pisses the players off and yes this shouldn’t bother them but when it happens over and over agin shit adds up and soon it’s what’s on there mind instead of football leading to bad play.  As in today’s game the blind side block call stalled there drive that is a fact. Weather they would have scored is anybody’s guess.  And we do know that the Seahawks where pretty much gifted a 75 yard drive.  And with that comes added plays for you d which makes them tired.  But at this point the calls are no longer Subtle.  Why iS no one looking into this, or atleast asking the league what the hells going on.  This is like the 8th game the refs have had a profound impact on the browns game.  It’s my opinion But it’s hard to sustain winning when your not playing with the same rules.  I watch other teams and the stuff the browns get flagged for does not happen to other teams 

• Thanks 3

I thought it was our day when the refs missed two obvious block in the backs on Hilliards long gainer on our opening kick. That was it. That was our break.  

If Landry’s crack back is in fact an illegal play we’ve had it done to us at least a dozen times this year.  We are 0-3 on that call.  Ratley also let up and we got hit with the same flag two weeks ago.  Neither guy got their monies worth on those hits. Robinson’s in Week 1 probably more of what the NFL intended the rule to prohibit.

• Upvote 1

Although the Browns have gotten more than their fair share of bad calls with terrible officiating I can't believe this is some kind of conspiracy against the Browns. All the teams are getting bad calls. The good teams learn to over come it and the Browns have to do it. It's hard to do. I get as mad as anyone to see the terrible calls the Browns have gotten  but the Browns are going to have overcome it and not use it as an excuse for failure.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Although the Browns have gotten more than their fair share of bad calls with terrible officiating I can't believe this is some kind of conspiracy against the Browns. All the teams are getting bad calls. The good teams learn to over come it and the Browns have to do it. It's hard to do. I get as mad as anyone to see the terrible calls the Browns have gotten  but the Browns are going to have overcome it and not use it as an excuse for failure.

The worst call was the non TD fumble. How could the replay guys not see that the nose got to the endzone line? Or am I just half blind?

• Upvote 2

That's exactly what I was saying. Find a way to overcome it, or just get back to being the lovable losers. I'm tired of complaining about the refs, the difficult schedule, the teams that get more rest than us, or whatever excuse of the day we have going. 

Just win already. Nothing else matters and I'm tired of hearing excuses. 

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

As I've been accustomed to saying, eff that line of thinking. Every egregiously bad call yesterday went against Cleveland, with two being huge momentum shifts in the game. I'm not a tin foil hat wearer but this line of thinking is B.S. and allows shitty referring to be accepted as "part of the game". You can't convince me for a second that refs in the NFL for whatever reason look for certain things against certain teams. When refs THROW THE FLAG on an otherwise huge play against the Seahawks just to pick it up (even though the call was proven to be correct), that's beyond "you have to play through bad calls". We've seen a ref get fired for their incompetence against our team, and it needs to continue. 

Landry was quoted yelling on the sideline "i'm so expletive tired of having to play against the refs each week, it's us against them". Imagine having to have that mentality as a player when you do everything right but the refs throw garbage flags. That shit gets to your head, and I can't blame the guys for feeling that way. Baker is going to get fined for what he said, and I don't blame him either.

• Upvote 1

It's true that it's happened to other teams.

Never seems to happen to the Patriots. Gronk could shove off so blatantly the announcers mentioned it. no call.

This season, Garrett was actually tackled in the backfield by an offensive lineman..no call.

He wasn't happy.

I just suspect the NFL has never forgotten that we demanded our team back. LOL

Fix up the offensive line a few places, get Ward and Greedy back...maybe Njoku....

the Browns will win despite the occasional blatant "mistakes" by the "refs"

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Babernakle said:

Yes baker throw three int’s, yes Chubb fumbled.and there was sloppy play, but and here the but a lot of this stems from the refs and there  unprecedented hatred of the browns.  And as your reading this your say it’s not the refs, but have your ever really thought about the  consequences of their call.  One bad call that turns into two not only stops drives but it pisses the players off and yes this shouldn’t bother them but when it happens over and over agin shit adds up and soon it’s what’s on there mind instead of football leading to bad play.  As in today’s game the blind side block call stalled there drive that is a fact. Weather they would have scored is anybody’s guess.  And we do know that the Seahawks where pretty much gifted a 75 yard drive.  And with that comes added plays for you d which makes them tired.  But at this point the calls are no longer Subtle.  Why iS no one looking into this, or atleast asking the league what the hells going on.  This is like the 8th game the refs have had a profound impact on the browns game.  It’s my opinion But it’s hard to sustain winning when your not playing with the same rules.  I watch other teams and the stuff the browns get flagged for does not happen to other teams 

Everyone thinks their team is screwed by the refs, from the Sharon Tigers to the Dallas Cowboys.  Listen to Skip Bayless after the Cowboys loose, a team that gets every conceivable break but he rails about every game.  

Walsh said to the Montana 9ers that bad calls are just another thing to overcome.  Thats all.  Kitchen's challenge was idiotic and that can be fixed.  He should never have been hired.  Emotional overreactions don't win the game.

And we can start saying...kitchens is not ready to be HC.  ...Ward's name is only known by the medical staff.

We have all-star under achievers...

Kitchens pressers sound remarkably like the Farm Report on WQED at 5am on a saturday

• Haha 1

This game didn't NEED to be close. The Browns are SO good and are lost due to chemistry and critical moment game decision making issues. 

If Baker hits OBJ on the second out route; and the drive continues and we don’t punt and get punt blocked, we may have went up 23 or 27-6. Those completions should be easy.

I’d imagine the timing is better with this bye week coming up and the realization that the chemistry isn’t that good.(between OBJ and Baker)

9 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I don't know how you can say this when we literally CHALLENGED Landry's TD- under Video Evidence it showed the football broke the plane by inches, yet it's ruled a fumble. We lost the challenge, a timeout and the ability to challenge anything else the rest of the game... It should have been ruled a touchdown- that changes the game. There are some things that refs can do to directly impact who wins the game. 

• Upvote 3

40 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I don't know how you can say this when we literally CHALLENGED Landry's TD- under Video Evidence it showed the football broke the plane by inches, yet it's ruled a fumble. We lost the challenge, a timeout and the ability to challenge anything else the rest of the game... It should have been ruled a touchdown- that changes the game. There are some things that refs can do to directly impact who wins the game. 

I'm not saying the refs were not terrible because they were. A video that shows a touchdown by inches is not clear and convincing proof to overturn the officials ruling who was on the field when they made the call. A reversal has to be by clear and convincing evidence. I had less problem with that than the other terrible penalties.  I had more problems with the penalty against Landry for a great block and a penalty flag against the Seahawks that mysteriously got picked back up after the Seahawks had made a big play. The so called horse collar tackle penalty was also ridiculous. Still every team has to fight through bad officiating and that is why I said what I said. That is all you can do.

7 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I'm not saying the refs were not terrible because they were. A video that shows a touchdown by inches is not clear and convincing proof to overturn the officials ruling who was on the field when they made the call. A reversal has to be by clear and convincing evidence. I had less problem with that than the other terrible penalties.  I had more problems with the penalty against Landry for a great block and a penalty flag against the Seahawks that mysteriously got picked back up after the Seahawks had made a big play. The so called horse collar tackle penalty was also ridiculous. Still every team has to fight through bad officiating and that is why I said what I said. That is all you can do.

I know, I tell the kids I coach all the time that. You gotta control what you can control and move on to play your best play the next chance, can't dwell in the past, what's done is done. Don't let one loss become two... and so on and so forth... 

But literally every challenged play is SUPPOSED to go directly to NY and confirmed there. There should have been enough evidence there that it was a TD but they saw nothing? That's BS and very suspect, questionable at best.

• Upvote 1

This seems like it happens to your team more when you spend more time watching your team. I doubt there's some anti Cleveland conspiracy. 

No one thinks the first time head coach is potentially leading to a lack of discipline? I get there have been bad calls but they aren't all bad.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This seems like it happens to your team more when you spend more time watching your team. I doubt there's some anti Cleveland conspiracy. 

No one thinks the first time head coach is potentially leading to a lack of discipline? I get there have been bad calls but they aren't all bad.

I think there are a lot of fans of many NFL teams around the country who are getting tired of the bad officiating. The refs need to start keeping those flags in their pockets and only use them on clear and obvious penalties and stop with the ticky tack penalties.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jiggins7919 said:

That's exactly what I was saying. Find a way to overcome it, or just get back to being the lovable losers. I'm tired of complaining about the refs, the difficult schedule, the teams that get more rest than us, or whatever excuse of the day we have going. 

Just win already. Nothing else matters and I'm tired of hearing excuses. 

But where do you draw the line?? How many is it possible to overcome? At what point is the shit officiating simply too much to defeat? We could play a perfect game and it appears to me they would just make more shit calls to screw us. The calls yesterday weren't questionable, they weren’t a  coin toss they were absolutely egregious calls that leave you wondering if they were intentional. Seriously picking just two the Landry TD with the nose of the ball on the goal line in a clear picture and the crackback block where the other player run into Jarvis leading with his shoulder and the penalty called on us were ridiculous.  

I think owners and coaches should band together , belly up to pay the fines and start to aggressively call out the bad calls until the NFL fixes the shit show their officiating has become. ALL calls should be watched and immediately overturned by league office in game when its so obvious a review shouldn't have even been necessary. 

• Like 2

I just watched the entire game and I see what you mean, but we still lost the game. We had so many chances, man. So yes, while the officiating was abysmal, we could have still won IF we made the plays. We didn't. We didn't catch the ball too many times. We forced the ball to covered receivers in the end zone that resulted in a pick. We dropped the ball that lead to a pick. We threw the awful pass that resulted in the ball bouncing off Hilliard's hands. 

Here's what I want to know. I didn't get a clear replay, but did Metcalf catch that last 3rd and 7 at the end of the game? The ball popped out of his hands and he didn't make a football move or anything. How was it a catch? Was it reviewed? Why didn't our defense stop them when they ran the exact same RPO run every single time? 

The funny thing about the game is that it never really felt like we were going to win, ya know? It felt so MUCH like a Hue Jackson game! We fought hard but we simply could NOT make a play when we needed it. We couldn't get pressure on two of their TDs when Wilson sat back there, had some coffee, did some sudoku, and then finally found an open receiver for the score. And what's with the drops? Did I see Calloway clang another one of his hands? OBJ with several more drops? A TE with a terrible botch? And Mack Wilson potentially losing the game by himself by missing a tackle in the backfield with around 6 minutes to go on 2nd and 8? Jesus. 

Here's pretty much the best way to describe this team, and it really hurts my heart. Down 4, 3 minutes to go....penalty on 1st down. Then 5 yards. Then pick. This team has no magic. Nobody watching the game EVER felt like we were going to win, ya know? Just like the Rams game. I never expected us to score, and THAT'S how you describe us. The team that can't make it happen when it needs to, and it's just painful and disheartening. 

The refs really hurt us, no question, but WE lost the game. We're just not good...yet. 

4 hours ago, Duckpins said:

Everyone thinks their team is screwed by the refs, from the Sharon Tigers to the Dallas Cowboys.  Listen to Skip Bayless after the Cowboys loose, a team that gets every conceivable break but he rails about every game.  

Walsh said to the Montana 9ers that bad calls are just another thing to overcome.  Thats all.  Kitchen's challenge was idiotic and that can be fixed.  He should never have been hired.  Emotional overreactions don't win the game.

Your quoting a coach that had a team loaded with hall of famers and were together for like 10 years and back then there was not all these subjective bullshit penalties the refs could pull out of thin air.  This is the nfl and this year finally the browns can say they are as good or close at anyone they play.  One call can make or break the game or season ask the saints

14 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just stop. 

The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.

How in the hell do you "fix" a regional or nationally televised football game with cameras on everything? 

And who's on this fix payroll? With all of the internet and media scrutiny and leaks everywhere it wouldn't last 10 minutes.

I guess some people just like juicy stories to talk about, ok here's one I heard "professional" wrestling is fixed......oh wait, everyone already knows that.   :lol:

Hey I heard the moon landing was fake and Bigfoot is real.  ;)

Next story.

Just now, MLD Woody said:

No one can watch MNF and leave thinking there is some grand NFL conspiracy against the browns lol

Right!   Unless the NFL is fixing games all over just to mess with everyone.  :lol:

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Just stop. 

The refs suck. They make bad calls. This is not a conspiracy.

Are you denying that conspiracies are a real thing altogether... or just not in the holy NFL?