THE BROWNS BOARD

How do the Cavs look so far for 2019-20?

tinythinker

• 2 weeks later...

People forget:  Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love were starters on a team that went to 4 consecutive NBA Championship series.  They know how to play winning basketball, even if they were not the main cogs (LBJ/Kyrie).

Sexton, Garland, Porter look like they could be a hell of a young backcourt.   And Clarkson and Nance are good young pieces/support players.  Osman can contribute....as can Delly. 

They also have some veteran bench contributors:  Brandon Knight, John Henson

And  still one third of their roster are rookies. 

I think they could certainly challenge for a playoff spot in the East.

I haven't watched any of the Cavs this year. I did look up the stats from the game the other day. We have a guy named D Wade. But not the D Wade of the Miami Heat.

• 5 weeks later...

The Cavs have been very competitive even though their record doesn’t look very good. They have lost like half a dozen games by between 2 to 6 points and these are against some of the best teams like the Nets and the 76ers and so forth. They are going to need some help in the draft with some big man or men   But their back court is young and talented and Some day could be outstanding. 

On 11/25/2019 at 11:36 PM, The Gipper said:

The Cavs have been very competitive even though their record doesn’t look very good. They have lost like half a dozen games by between 2 to 6 points and these are against some of the best teams like the Nets and the 76ers and so forth. They are going to need some help in the draft with some big man or men   But their back court is young and talented and Some day could be outstanding. 

Yeah they seem competitive which is great considering it can be hard to really put it out there when the wins aren't there. I wonder if the fact that they are coming off of several years of winning has anything to do with it (in addition to hungry young players)

• 1 month later...

Ok. I watched the first half against NO

The Cavs suck. They play ZERO defense. And they can’t shoot outside of 2 feet

I’m no basketball expert, but this team looks like they have NO coaching and don’t seem interested in being coached 

They gave up 74 points in the first half.

I miss the days of Charles Oakley and Rick Mahorn. Games should be 92- 90. IMO

15 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Hiring a 67-year-old college coach who never has any NBA experience is probably a failed experiment

Yeah, not a good idea. 

• 8 months later...
On 10/27/2019 at 12:52 PM, tinythinker said:

Hmmm...

• Preseason: 1-3
  • Regular Season: 1-1
  • Fivethirtyeight Projection for 2019-20 Season: 25-57 and a 4% chance at the playoffs*

*adjusted for the first two regular season games already played

So the actual final tally of 19-46 was worse than the projection at the start of the year

The last couple have been similar to the first two of the franchise...

• 2019-20 Cleveland Cavaliers 19-46 0.292 W/L%
  • 2018-19 Cleveland Cavaliers 19-63 0.232 W/L%
  • 1971-72 Cleveland Cavaliers 23-59 0.280 W/L%
  • 1970-71 Cleveland Cavaliers 15-67 0.183 W/L%

I can't help wondering if they will get to 0.500 and higher in the next couple of years or will go into a long slump like the Browns did for so long