THE BROWNS BOARD

***Browns VS Seahawks Gameday Thread***

Nero

Freddie max's out at coaching some team in Alabama that is not a major college.  He speaks in platitudes and acts like he doesn't see the flow of the game.  R. Wilson runs in the 4th quarter to win the games.  Happens all the time.  You have to stop him from running.  Plus all these penalties?  

Fish rots from the head down.  Cleaning out the coaches after last year's impressive close was incomprehensible.    Another year with the Browns.  

Does anyone know if Baker has a drinking problem?  Overweight, slow reflexes, worse than last year.  

24 minutes ago, medicineman said:

Does anybody not notice how shitty our D is? I mean  really. That wide open? Pure shitty coverage. Real shitty coach. 

Thats courtesy of the 4 week hammy strains.  Carrie has tried to hold his own he has at times but our soft corners should have played 

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Yep.  Getting our corners back healthy, hopefully having them and playing better in space.  Identifying the offensive issues that gave today's 2qtr drought, then cleaning them up while building on some of the positives from today.

The test of what they do in that time will be steep as they head to Foxborough. Gonna be a rough game no matter what. Will be interesting to see if the Browns elevate (win or lose) or just get steamrolled.

2 minutes ago, tinythinker said:

The test of what they do in that time will be steep as they head to Foxborough. Gonna be a rough game no matter what. Will be interesting to see if the Browns elevate (win or lose) or just get steamrolled.

They need a big win in New England. ButI think they can do it. Our offense is better than theirs.

• Confused 1

We could have won with better officiating, we also could have won with better coaching - which are pretty much the two most frustrating ways to lose the game.

Of course some of the drops, missed tackles could have swung the game.

We fucked up in every facet imaginable

Hopelessness.

That's what I feel now. 

Our playcalling is stupid, we have a great running back and he should be given the ball way more. Not only that, we don't use PAP but we use the RPO. If that's because the coaches don't trust Mayfield's dropbacks under center, then he should train his footwork the whole offseason instead of making that huge amount of commercials that we get to see every Sunday. 

Here comes 3rd and short. Let's play with an empty backfield just to make sure that the defense gets the memo and they cover the pass. 

Mayfield is off more times than not, and the playcalling is not helping him one bit. 

Nick Chubb is a beast and the team should be grateful he is a silent worker, because if he was a loud mouth a lot of shit will be going in the locker room. 

Defense. If our defensive line is top-league... Why the fuck didn't we win in the trenches against Seattle? Are you kidding me? I don't like having deja vu's of Williams' "bend but not break-80 yard 8 minute TD drive" defense, and that's what I'm getting at the moment. 

Coaching. Apart from the bad playcalling that I mentioned earlier, the timeouts and challenges are poorly handled. The shitshow that went with the TD-then fumble in the endzone is as confusing as it gets. I thought he was using the TO to give some time to the guys upstairs so if they saw the replay they would tell him to challenge the call or not. They didn't and he was challenging the call just in time for Chubb scoring a TD. I feel that Kitchens is over his head. 

Refereeing. What we saw today were some shitty calls. That fumble was already a TD, but I will take the time to explain the Landry call to my fellow fans: Landry is going upfield, sees a defender facing him, and they class with hands first and then heads. So it's a blindside call, because reasons. That's the most stupid thing that I've ever witnessed. This season they're calling blindside any call made going to your endzone, so it's not even a close call. It's someone flagging something because it's No Fun League. 

I wish I had something more positive to say, but I don't feel like it. I will only add that we had a nice 8 game run last year to end the season, with record breaking QB and running back, Gregg Williams as HC and Freddie Kitchens as Offensive Coordinator. This year, with an arguably better roster, we have a panicking QB, a lone warrior running back and a 2-4. Make the math. 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Dawgs89 said:

They need a big win in New England. ButI think they can do it. Our offense is better than theirs.

10 minutes ago, BaconHound said:

Are you watching the game?  They marched it down field and scored and they are marching again....

They looked like the 1950 Browns against the Eagles against us.   In this game Rams and 9rs are both good.  Scale is balanced.  Maybe that is a better term?  Against the Browns game was over before you blinked.