THE BROWNS BOARD

Seahawks Fan Coming in Peace

HawkFreak

11 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I hope he comes back on and tells us his experience. 

It's always cool to see our city and stadium through an outsider's eyes. 

Maybe he got some BROWNS merchandise on sale real cheap.   :lol:

I hope he and his family had a wonderful time here in NE Ohio and Cleveland, home of the toughest fans in pro sports!  (God knows that we have to be.)

Hey Everyone!

We are back home from the game and we had a really great experience! 

I wended up going with my wife, daughter, and her friend and we talked all the way home about how good it was.  I really appreciate all of your advice and help with parking, food, and tips for having a positive time in Cleveland. The stadium and facilities were very nice and we had no issues quickly getting through the gates and security check. I  read some reviews of people complaining about it taking too long, but we did try to show up with time to spare and get in early.

Overall - Browns fans were fantastic. I definitely cheered for the Seahawks when it was appropriate, but I'm also the type of fan that tries to remember whose "house" I am in as an opposing fan and try not to be disrespectful or over the top with celebrating. The home town crowd was welcoming and good-natured ribbing was expected and it actually made the experience fun. Sure - there were a couple of obnoxious fans screaming some over-the-top stuff to us - but it was literally a couple of people. .The fans throwing things onto the field and hitting a security guard was unfortunate to see, but I know that doesn't accurately represent the majority of Browns fans. 

The game...Well I wanted a good game and it was close and competitive. But I was honestly preparing myself for a long day and was seriously worried when the Browns went up 20-6. Seattle always seems to struggle in the first half (starting slow) and with early east coast starts. Both O-lines did way better than I thought. The Browns had  a couple of sacks I believe - and I don't think the Hawks had any. I was definitely disappointed with the pass rush today. It was non-existent. Neither Defense did much to slow the offenses down.  I felt like Baker had a good game and that his receivers didn't help him at all - not catching passes and tipping multiple balls that led to critical INTs. And the refs...well let's say they definitely made some questionable calls. As a Hawks fan - I remember those games (and SBs) where we were playing the refs as well as the other team. It sucks - but it is what it is. I felt like the Browns definitely kept it close all game and had chances to win it...but of course I am happy with the outcome.

Thanks again for not running me off in the first place and for the conversation. The Browns, city, and fans have earned my respect and I appreciate the experience they gave my family and I. As long as they're not playing the Seahawks - I will definitely be rooting for the Browns to get their season turned around and heading in the direction that I think many people expected them to be going this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 3

I was just looking back at some replays from the game...and maybe some of the INT tips weren't entirely the receiver's fault. It looks like some of the Baker's throws made the catches more challenging than they should have been - or he was trying to squeeze them into a tight window. I just didn't want to unfairly totally blame the receivers...

1 hour ago, HawkFreak said:

I was just looking back at some replays from the game...and maybe some of the INT tips weren't entirely the receiver's fault. It looks like some of the Baker's throws made the catches more challenging than they should have been - or he was trying to squeeze them into a tight window. I just didn't want to unfairly totally blame the receivers...

Well, the one in the end zone with Landry as the target was on Baker....  

Glad you had a good time... The Browns will start winning games against top teams when they learn to not turn the ball over.....  

Usually- in the stadium- act respectable, get treated respectable. Act like a jerk- get treated like a jerk. I've seen more than one Steelers fan get tossed out for over the top gloating....