THE BROWNS BOARD

Seahawks Fan Coming in Peace

HawkFreak

Excited to attend my first NFL game tomorrow in Cleveland! I've been a lifelong Seahawks fan living in in Western PA for much of my life.

I'm looking forward to a great experience with my family at First Energy Stadium and in the city of Cleveland. Any tips or suggestions for best places to park near the stadium, eat, etc.?

And man - I am sorry about that 49ers Monday night game. Obviously I hate the 9ers and was definitely rooting for the Browns. In Western PA I have quite a few friends who are Browns fans and they are a team I am often root for because I can't stand the Steelers or their fans here. Plus I feel like there are a lot of similarities withe Hawks and Browns. I remember years of the Hawks struggling and the excitement once they finally found a good QB in RW and began to turn the corner. I feel like there's some of that same excitement with Mayfield and the talent the Browns have. 

I'm looking forward to a great game tomorrow!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HawkFreak said:

Welcome and it should be a good game.  And check back later when some of the regular tailgating crew are here or you can check Forums ---> tailgate party and click around there for some information. mjp

Wait..What?..  A Western PA fan as a Hawks fan? At least ☝️ Pure genius is living in Steelqueen Country 👍  Starting board Qualifying question?  Tell us this is not your tailgating camper? or you warming up in these please? hjk.gif    7G4c.gif   Welcome lime green alien ☝️, and trek Carefully.. We own this vaporizing gun named Hoorta>>>   What's your Hawks game plan escaping with a W in north east Ohio? Na nu Na nU 🤓    

2 hours ago, HawkFreak said:

Excited to attend my first NFL game tomorrow in Cleveland! I've been a lifelong Seahawks fan living in in Western PA for much of my life.

I'm looking forward to a great experience with my family at First Energy Stadium and in the city of Cleveland. Any tips or suggestions for best places to park near the stadium, eat, etc.?

And man - I am sorry about that 49ers Monday night game. Obviously I hate the 9ers and was definitely rooting for the Browns. In Western PA I have quite a few friends who are Browns fans and they are a team I am often root for because I can't stand the Steelers or their fans here. Plus I feel like there are a lot of similarities withe Hawks and Browns. I remember years of the Hawks struggling and the excitement once they finally found a good QB in RW and began to turn the corner. I feel like there's some of that same excitement with Mayfield and the talent the Browns have. 

Steve Weber runs a nice Tailgate in the Burke  Airport  lot- if you don't mind  paying  $40 bucks for  parking.  Look  him up  on Facebook, GNATS Tailgaters. I should add in both the  Burke and Muni lots, you have to be discreet with the  adult beverages. Don't be  waving  fifths of Jack  around and you'll be  fine. Put the  beer in  plastic cups. 

I'm seriously  worried that  Wilson is going to kill  us though. It will be  huge if we can get Ward  and Williams back at CB.

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

You're roughly 2hrs. away from Cleveland.

Tell us why you're not a Browns fan. After all, you've got "friends that are Browns fans".

Haha. Yeah. I get that alot. I'm originally from Eastern PA but have always not like the Eagles either. For some reason I started following the Seahawks around 9 years old. Just picked a team - who knows why I picked them? I remember liking Steve Largent. After a while of rooting for them being pretty bad - I kinda had to stick with them to see if they ever turned things around. Now it's too late - I can't go changing teams now.

13 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Steve Weber runs a nice Tailgate in the Burke  Airport  lot- if you don't mind  paying  $40 bucks for  parking.  Look  him up  on Facebook, GNATS Tailgaters. I should add in both the  Burke and Muni lots, you have to be discreet with the  adult beverages. Don't be  waving  fifths of Jack  around and you'll be  fine. Put the  beer in  plastic cups. 

I'm seriously  worried that  Wilson is going to kill  us though. It will be  huge if we can get Ward  and Williams back at CB.

Thanks for this. I'll check it out. The Hawks have 2 starting O-linemen potentially out of the lineup with some injuries. I'm actually worried Wilson may be running for his life if the Browns can get pressure. Their O-line in general has been a big weakness over the years - and having starters out definitely won't help.

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Wait..What?..  A Western PA fan as a Hawks fan? At least ☝️ Pure genius is living in Steelqueen Country 👍  Starting board Qualifying question?  Tell us this is not your tailgating camper? or you warming up in these please? hjk.gif    7G4c.gif   Welcome lime green alien ☝️, and trek Carefully.. We own this vaporizing gun named Hoorta>>>   What's your Hawks game plan escaping with a W in north east Ohio? Na nu Na nU 🤓   

1 hour ago, gumby73 said:

Nice! Definitely not my tailgate camper...and I've never pulled the trigger on the lime green body suit.

If the Hawks have a shot at winning - they need to find a way to continue to run the ball and utilize the quick passing / slants game (which isn't really what they like to do) in order to try and minimize the negative affect of possibly having 2 starting O-linemen out tomorrow and the potential increased pressure Wilson may be facing.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HawkFreak said:

Thanks for this. I'll check it out. The Hawks have 2 starting O-linemen potentially out of the lineup with some injuries. I'm actually worried Wilson may be running for his life if the Browns can get pressure. Their O-line in general has been a big weakness over the years - and having starters out definitely won't help.

Yes see them on the tailgate party thread. Here's their 2019 schedule.

Screenshot_2019-10-12_141524.jpg

Cleveland has a thriving food scene downtown, you could go to E. 4th St and try one of the places there. Celebrity chef Michael Symon owns a few joints there (Lola, Mabel's BBQ). There's a German place Hofbrauhaus that is supposed to be really cool, and if you feel adventurous you could go to the near west side and go to Sokolowski's for Polish food (pierogi, kielbasa, etc) or to the east side to Little Italy, where there are a ton of restaurants

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HawkFreak said:

But Wilson is great on the move, no? What scares me even more is when I looked at the 'Hawks defense. I forgot you have Javedon Clowney and Ziggy Ansah there. That's strength against a very suspect Browns o-line. Nick Bosa was virtually living in the Browns backfield the entire 49ers game. I hope Kitchens has figured out you don't try and block a top pass rusher with your TE. If that happens again, it's going to be a long day for Baker. 

I did check your injury report with your LT doubtful, RG doubtful, and his backup out. So may depend on which team can harass the opposing QB more.   

9 minutes ago, hoorta said:

But Wilson is great on the move, no? What scares me even more is when I looked at the 'Hawks defense. I forgot you have Javedon Clowney and Ziggy Ansah there. That's strength against a very suspect Browns o-line. Nick Bosa was virtually living in the Browns backfield the entire 49ers game. I hope Kitchens has figured out you don't try and block a top pass rusher with your TE. If that happens again, it's going to be a long day for Baker. 

I did check your injury report with your LT doubtful, RG doubtful, and his backup out. So may depend on which team can harass the opposing QB more.   

Wilson is definitely one of the best on the run - especially when plays break down and it turns into a scramble drill. WR Tyler Lockette's connection with Wilson is especially effective in those situations. But Wilson has been sacked ALOT during his career despite his scrambling ability. I'm worried Garrett could have a big day against our line. I expect to see the Hawks use George Fant (backup T) as eligible (6th lineman) throughout the game to possibly add more protection for Wilson.  

I do agree it may come down to which team can somewhat protect their QB - and also which team can establish some kind of run game behind suspect O-lines.

6 hours ago, HawkFreak said:

Haha. Yeah. I get that alot. I'm originally from Eastern PA but have always not like the Eagles either. For some reason I started following the Seahawks around 9 years old. Just picked a team - who knows why I picked them? I remember liking Steve Largent. After a while of rooting for them being pretty bad - I kinda had to stick with them to see if they ever turned things around. Now it's too late - I can't go changing teams now.

I have always been a HUGE Steve Largent fan since were both legally blind in one eye.... He may not have been the fastest , nor the biggest guy on the field.. But he sure got open.. ran great routs and had great hands.. And a will to succeed.. Areal hero of mine...

• Upvote 2

Nice to meet you! Not nice to meet your team, specifically Mr. Wilson. 😂 

Not a fun game for Browns. Seahawks don't turn it over, don't beat themselves, and Browns do both. We should play better than last week, but I'm not sure it's enough. 

3 hours ago, HawkFreak said:

I expect to see the Hawks use George Fant (backup T) as eligible (6th lineman) throughout the game to possibly add more protection for Wilson.  

I do agree it may come down to which team can somewhat protect their QB - and also which team can establish some kind of run game behind suspect O-lines.

Hope ya brought a matching color Hawks Jersey. Heck, they may need ya to dress to play some OL;).. Has D.Brown been playing injured, being listed with that same injury on injury report? I see your worry of Myles now.. Per Ourlads, Pocic is out & shown as your only back-up to both G's? Which of the 3 of Fuller, Roos or McKenzie should Pete maybe bring up from PS to back-up G? If Fluker is out? you may want to find the visitors locker room..:D   btw, if i reach the age of Pete Carroll with that kind of 5 hour energy? Am not seeing my Doctor.. 

Don’t  sit in the Dawg Pound or Near it with opposing team clothing. Don’t walk or hang out in the main tailgate lots closer to kick or right after the game.

You avoid a lot of idiots this way.  It’s not easy to just ignore and avoid some of these creatures.

We have some true idiots and I say this as I’ve attended games with friends of the opposite team and then I’ve  seen how other fans treat opposing fans in their stadium. We are bad in comparison.

there are lots of good food options by the stadium.  I like the Flatiron cafe it’s a short uber to the stadium good food drink and prices. 

Back in the day we used to stop at Corky and Lenny’s (pretty good deli) driving to the stadium coming into to Cleveland from the southeast. Grab food and tailgate. 

40 minutes ago, SdBacker80 said:

Don’t  sit in the Dawg Pound or Near it with opposing team clothing. Don’t walk or hang out in the main tailgate lots closer to kick or right after the game.

You avoid a lot of idiots this way.  It’s not easy to just ignore and avoid some of these creatures.

We have some true idiots and I say this as I’ve attended games with friends of the opposite team and then I’ve  seen how other fans treat opposing fans in their stadium. We are bad in comparison.

there are lots of good food options by the stadium.  I like the Flatiron cafe it’s a short uber to the stadium good food drink and prices. 

Back in the day we used to stop at Corky and Lenny’s (pretty good deli) driving to the stadium coming into to Cleveland from the southeast. Grab food and tailgate. 

Thanks for the heads up. I'm still trying to decide the best place to park. I'm hoping the experience is not too bad as my family (wife and daughter) will be with me. I will definitely try to check out some of the food places.

$50.00 to park, the lot at W 3rd & St Clair is near Bar Louie, Barley House, Starbucks (my wife & daughter love it), & a very reasonable walk to the stadium.

SdBacker80 is correct. We have some idiotic fans. On the small side scoreboards on the sidelines is a # to text anonymously if other fans get too abusive. Security responds quickly.

Enjoy the game, hope it's a good one, & GO BROWNS!!

Mike

17 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

$50.00 to park, the lot at W 3rd & St Clair is near Bar Louie, Barley House, Starbucks (my wife & daughter love it), & a very reasonable walk to the stadium.

SdBacker80 is correct. We have some idiotic fans. On the small side scoreboards on the sidelines is a # to text anonymously if other fans get too abusive. Security responds quickly.

Enjoy the game, hope it's a good one, & GO BROWNS!!

Mike

I think that every team has a few idiotic fans like every city and state has their share of oddballs.  BUT there are good and great people everywhere you go!

GO BROWNS, go win a must win game and have fun!

(Oh Mike did you check out the IRISH POTATO SOUP recipe I sent you? I thought you and others might like it.  ;))

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, HawkFreak said:

See, now ... that's a reasonable answer.

Why do we get these toothless inbred idiots from Cincitucky, Pennsylktucky and Baltiwhore in our division that we have to deal with?

All the same ... I hope we kick your ass.

Then we'll see you in the Super Bowl.

And kick your ass again.

Zombo

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

I think that every team has a few idiotic fans like every city and state has their share of oddballs.  BUT there are good and great people everywhere you go!

GO BROWNS, go win a must win game and have fun!

(Oh Mike did you check out the IRISH POTATO SOUP recipe I sent you? I thought you and others might like it.  ;))

I did, I don't tolerate cream based dishes well, but thank you.

Mike

18 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

That Oline may have been pricey, but IIRC, a farcry from "the best".     Beast Mode really helped make that offense go.  

Good point - can use this page to compare all units back to 1996.

2014 hawks were 4th in run blocking and 24th in passpro.  Patriots, ravens, saints, steelers, falcons, arguably broncos and bears lines were better that season.